Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.
View Poll Results: A poll
VRC HPI Silenced power pipe
60.00%
VRC HPI Unsilenced power pipe
40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

HPI Baja 5B & 5T Tuning Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Baja 5B & 5T Tuning Pipes

The question I have here is, if you are running a HPI Baja 5B or 5T, would you rather have a Silenced or Unsilenced tuning pipe?
Both these pipes produce the same output, unbelievable results in performance and documented by more then one party.

The silenced version is quiet, matter of fact, it is probably the most neighborhood friendly tuned pipe made today, the important thing is to have it perform and look good all at the same time.
Well, I think we accomplished this with the VRC tuning pipes, I will include a link with more information.

All information found here: http://www.pro5thscale.com/vrc_tuning_pipes

The dyno result shows the VRC pipe compared to the rear Dom, there have been more then a few dyno results from different parties, all with the same results.

Thanks
Pete
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87936.jpg
Views:	8651
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1156113   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17382.jpg
Views:	1895
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1156114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60220.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1156115  
Old 03-12-2009, 09:55 AM
monsterbrad

Default RE: HPI Baja 5B & 5T Tuning Pipes

The only thing I can see with this pipe is that it will get destroyed in a bad wreck!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't look any more exposed than most of the other rear pipes.

TBH, if the output is identical, I think you'll find most people will take silenced versions. It gives you more options of where you can run, and generally makes the experience better for everyone, especially anyone trying to enjoy their day nearby.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Doesn't look any more exposed than most of the other rear pipes.
Hey Foxy, your exactly right, this pipe swings down to the left hand rear, were the rear Dom swings down on the right side. well depending how to look at the RC [&:]
The bottomline is, most pipes are exposed, yes there are some pipes that are not and to pay the price is going to be the difference in performance.
Thanks for the comments.

Pete
Old 03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
monsterbrad

I would like to hear this pipe in the silenced version
Is it quieter then the stock can or louder then the stock 5T can??
Old 03-12-2009, 06:36 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I have done a LOT of reading on pipes and still not 100% what I am going to get. Being they are SO expensive I cannot afford to have to replace it shortly after getting one!!!!!!!! The Victory RC performance pipe is a great performer and even thaw most rear pipes are fairly exposed the Victory RC performance pipe is more so then some others. I am waiting to here more from the end user on how they hold up.

If I where to get a Victory RC performance pipe I would get the silenced one then I would not have to worry where I ran my 5B SS!

I would be willing to sacrifice some performance for a better protected pipe. Like I said cannot afford to have to replace it often. The pipe on top of my list right now (this has changed many times in the last month) is the GBE Hornet pipe.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

I understand your point, but about 75-80% of the pipes that are top performing pipes are exposed in someway.
The Jetpro v4 and the hornet Im sure are very protected, but again, they will in no way perform like others on the market.
The way these pipes are engineered, I'm speaking about all tuning pipes in general, it has to do with the design, the bend, the overall form of the finish product will determine it's performance.
Those enclosed pipes I mentioned are specifically made for protecting the pipe the best they can, performance and looks are an after thought.

But just as you said, if your not worried about performance, then this is not the pipe for you.

Just my 2 cents.
Pete

Name:	Hf97867.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1156505  
Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 PM
46u

I agree for the most part but from what I am reading the Hornet is and exception. Only time will tell. I was looking at the Side DOM but it is heavy and makes getting the body on and off hard. Then I looked at the Jet Pro V 4 track pipe but after talking to the end users performance is not there. Now I am talking to the end users of the GBE Hornet and getting much better reviews on it over the Jet Pro. I am hopping to see some dyno test on the Hornet shortly. I all so much prefer independent testing over the testing by the people that make the pipe.

Like I said I would be willing to sacrifice some performance for protection. If all I wanted was protection I would just use the stock can. If you are having to replace or fix the pipe every time out this would put a dampener on the fun.

Name:	Vs55719.jpg
Views:	992
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1156526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84764.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1156527  
Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM
46u

I just realized what this thread is all about. Started by the only one in the US that carries this pipe right now. [X(][X(][X(]
Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

I agree on what your saying, you make valid points based on your personal preference.
There has been several other people that tested these pipes publicly, one of which you can find over at the HBF, none of which have any type of connection with the company or us.

Anyway, good luck and thank you for sharing your comments.
Pete
Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

The thread originated because of the question I wanted to know...

Preference of a Silenced or unsilenced pipe for the HPI Baja.
Check your local dealer for more details.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:04 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: Pro5thScaleDistributors

There has been several other people that tested these pipes publicly, one of which you can find over at the HBF, none of which have any type of connection with the company or us.
Have been falling this pipe ever since it was first posted on HBF. Check my user name as this is the user name I use on all the forums I go to. I think as performance it is a GREAT pipe but I cannot afford to replace a $200 plus pipe often. Not saying this would be the case but sure could be. I just wish I could afford to buy half a dozen different pipes LOL !!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:36 PM
46u

I by no means thing the Hornet has the performance of the the VRC. Just want to make that clear. Pro5thScaleDistributors in the pictures you have of performance pipes one looks like the Mielke Side-Mount. I was considering one of those and is still on my list but the dyno results are not real good on it.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

Sure I understand, as you said it comes down to preference, there are many good performing pipes, I know I have used almost all of them, including the Samba, but the VRC has shown the best overall gains in my experience.
I don't think these pipes are any more or less vulnerable then any of the others on the market today.

Thanks for your kind words 46u!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:49 PM
elven wizard

Between the VRC silenced and non silenced I have found I liked the silenced pipe.

Maybe because the pipe exhaust outlet is pointing out to the rear I dont know [X(]
I just liked it more so than the loud pipe, to the point I felt the power output is the same between the two, ones just louder than the other. Right now I'm using it alot but maybe sometime if I want that loud echo in the canyon were I'm running I'll just put one of the other brands on.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:46 AM
victory-rc

Hello VRC ...from victory-rc
I see your in new jersey also ... My home sweet home (glen ridge and bricktown)

Nice work on the mufflers.they look bad ass !
Old 03-13-2009, 12:54 AM
elven wizard

Hi Victory-Rc
Old 03-13-2009, 09:06 AM
monsterbrad

I have been reading all about pipes for a while now also.
I have the noise issue also and can't have anything to loud but I want better performance then the stock can but with out having to worry about crushing a 200 dollar pipe.
As there are many choices it is hard to tell which ones are going to be the best with out testing them in your own situation.
It just seems like nobody is willing to give solid performance answers on the car or truck out in the field or track.
Dyno's are great but how will the thing sound and perform running through a field or around the track?
These are the things 46u and guys like me are looking for!
that and noise factor!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

Brad, Im sure the first post I put a direct link to show the pipe in high performance driving and testing.
Here it is again: http://www.pro5thscale.com/vrc_tuning_pipes
Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 AM
monsterbrad

Anybody have the silenced pipe yet to compare the noise level to the stock can muffler?
Old 03-13-2009, 04:12 PM
wan6176

once i get my bonus i will make one pipe out of titanium. i luv loud pipe,i believe sound makes different in speed
Old 03-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

We will have a short, limited supply of these pipes in Titanium shortly as well.
Thanks
Pete

Old 03-14-2009, 05:22 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: wan6176

once i get my bonus i will make one pipe out of titanium. i luv loud pipe,i believe sound makes different in speed
Wan, my crazy friend. Titanium is softer than steel, it will be even more vulnerable, also it will be slightly quieter than steel, and lastly, noise doesn't affect speed. Only do the Ti thing if you want to save a few grams.

Pete, want to scare us with th projected price of Ti pipes?
Old 03-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

I can for sure tell you the samba pipes in Titanium sell for between $400 - $700.
I'm not putting a price on a Titanium version for VRC, I have no idea of what it would cost, but we have had a few requests to have this pipe in a TI version, thats why it would be a limited number available.

I myself, see no reason to use TI on an off road RC, in an On road, yeah, that I would understand.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:43 AM
mradlin

Sounds great Pete!! I know I want one!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.