Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

4 baja... worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:10 AM
d.k.v

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 baja... worth it?

http://powerslideracing.com.au/index...roducts_id=307
Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 4 baja... worth it?

If that's Oz dollars then that's an average price. As for worth it... very subjective. I prefer high revving short stroke engines that don't destroy my drivetrain, so this wouldn't be my first choice, but if low end power is what you want (wheely city and drivetrain reinforcement), then go for it. You will probably need the strengthened diff, diff cups, and dogbones, steel spur gear and pinion gear bolt mod, but you don't need to buy all these first, run the engine, and just replace what gets broken, maybe some of it won't be necessary after all.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:29 PM
d.k.v

well coz i am a bit of a speed freek thats y im lookin at this... at my lhs there is a 29cc cy would that be a better option?
what can i do to the stock 26cc to get more acceleration and speed??
Old 03-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you want so much more acceleration and speed, you already melted the spur gear once. Is it really not fast enough for you? If not, then buy the Robinson 18/55 steel gear set, and the headkit you posted, and I think you'll be more than happy. You might even want to try the gears first, cos they make a big difference. If you havea torquey pipe, you may be satisfied with the performance gain just from the gears. You can always look at the headkit again in the future when you get used to the gears. Those gears and the 30.5cc mill will seriously test your drivetraint hough. You have been warned.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:02 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

If you want speed you need to run a 36mm top end with a stock stroke. When you increase the stroke you loose RPM and top speed. But with a stroker you do gain more torque.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:10 PM
d.k.v

it will prob be christmas b4 we start upgrading the motor any way... the diff has leacked oil every where and we think it a broken one of the spider gears... it is called money pit and problem child...lol