Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

My new toy everybody

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 06:28 PM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new toy everybody

My friend this week bought a brand spanking new FG MT for him self, he changed his mind about it and wanted my 5b and now it belongs to ME I traded him my second baja5b with the modded up crazed up TS engine in it and $400 cash , i already have a maxxed out 5B with mods and so now i have a heavilly modded 5b and now this FG MT in my collection .
Ive got no idea what to expect with this FG as i've always been into my baja5b's , what the most common problem that these FG'S run into & what parts should i be replacing and what should i stock up on for spare parts on hand? . I already don't like the phillips screws that's holding the engine to the chassis so could i replace those with allen key bolts ?

the performance of this stock engine is pretty good i have to say , the 26cc is heaps better over the 23cc i use to run on the stock baja5b's , upon the first time starting this it was like a nitro lol the carb needles were WAY OUT i had to screw in both hi and low and idle to get it started. SO first thing first i will have to mod the engine for more power its too slow and luggish for my likeing so i want to put in a stock length stuffed crank with either a 35mm 29cc or a 36mm 30.5cc esp head raceported head and raceported carb with choke hardware removed and holes filled like ive done on my baja5b , and most of all a chromepipe non silenced . for now i just put on a hpi pipe on it and she sounds alot better and opens up better too , ive also made my own front alloy bumper bar for it too , some people might not like it but i mostly made it for looks & strength its not like im going to crash it into a brick wall i know what will happen to the chassis with this sort of bumper on it .lol i stacked it twice already somersolting it lol this thing cannot go fast and turn at the same time cos it will go flipping .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90071.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1162728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29265.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1162729  
Old 03-21-2009, 06:32 PM
DarkFire989

Default RE: My new toy everybody

Nice, but pictures are WAY to big...
Old 03-21-2009, 06:37 PM
splcrazy

something is wrong with RCU the big picture thing has happened before
Old 03-21-2009, 06:48 PM
la.rc.doc
My Feedback: (197)

I have a FG MT5 Monster truck to, the only thing you want to keep on hand is the rear control arms thats it, other than that, they are undestructable!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:46 PM
splcrazy

whats an MT5 ? is thats whats mine is . cos im looking on DDM for a pipe and they have pipes for FG MT5 and pipes for FG TRUCK and its a differant shape its the jetpro , but the MT5 pipe that DDM makes looks like it will fit
Old 03-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Coopz

Nice, those things have a weird exhaust placement tho..
Old 03-21-2009, 09:22 PM
DarkFire989

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

whats an MT5 ? is thats whats mine is . cos im looking on DDM for a pipe and they have pipes for FG MT5 and pipes for FG TRUCK and its a differant shape its the jetpro , but the MT5 pipe that DDM makes looks like it will fit
The MT5 is just another name for the FG I believe cause it says that on the DOM pipes.
[link]http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/sc.12/category.27882/.f?range=145,192,351[/link]
Old 03-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great cars, I'm sure you'll love it. Suspension can be tuned to handle much better, but it's a monster truck and it does have a high CG.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:37 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The FGMT is by far one of my favorite RC vehicles of all time. Timeless design and super fun. Damn good looking truck too
Old 03-21-2009, 11:01 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is nice wish i could see it all without going back and forth....
Old 03-21-2009, 11:03 PM
splcrazy

right now im just putting on a raceported 35mm 29cc head on it with a raceported carb , it's a little bit of work just to take off the head right now i had to take off the roll cage both right hand side tires and the frame , the screws are crap trying to take off a screw from the side frame i already stuffed the screw head , but lucky i still managed to grip the screw off with vise grips , cant wait till i finish it off and see how much faster it will go . then i just need a proper pipe and i want to get a new clear shell and paint it black or something .
Old 03-22-2009, 01:46 AM
bigdeee

buddy do us all a favor replace your pics with these. (640x480)

Old 03-22-2009, 02:57 AM
kenazzo2000

nice toy have fun
Old 03-22-2009, 03:31 AM
splcrazy

pics fixed , i've put in the raceported 29cc along with the raceported stock carb with removed choke , and instantly when starting it the sound was really different power increased too , haven't taken it for a spin yet on its new piston cos im tired after working on it need sleep work tommorow. after taking out the stock zen head i noticed the piston is a different cut shape , cant really tell if the inside of the zen head looks different , it just looks the same as a cy head .
Old 03-22-2009, 05:03 AM
wan6176

r u sure ur end exhust is like dat? the whole mt is in smoke lol
Old 03-22-2009, 09:26 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

That is one weird looking exhaust pipe.... they come with that on it from the factory?i would also get rid of that filter setup and get something alot better or get some outwears on there..
Old 03-22-2009, 10:44 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

That is one weird looking exhaust pipe.... they come with that on it from the factory?i would also get rid of that filter setup and get something alot better or get some outwears on there..
That pipe is an aftermarket one. The stock exhaust systems for FG MTs are either the can PN 7331 (just a simple box can like the stock RTR 5B exhaust)

or the tuned tubular pipe (which reminds me of a Mielke):
http://www.fgsupply.com/product.cgi?...t=89701&group=
Old 03-22-2009, 10:45 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I have to say, you got a very nice deal out of that. I would dare say you came out of the deal ahead even though your Baja had a TS in it.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:04 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Ive got no idea what to expect with this FG as i've always been into my baja5b's , what the most common problem that these FG'S run into & what parts should i be replacing and what should i stock up on for spare parts on hand? . I already don't like the phillips screws that's holding the engine to the chassis so could i replace those with allen key bolts ?
As for spares, I personally stock up on 06112, those tend to back out from the wheels. (Actually, I now crank them down and actually put lock-tied on those little things now).
Another little mundae piece is thos little plastic grommett looking things (bushings) that attach the front shock tower to the TVPs: PN 8462/1
As for replacing the phillils heads, particularly for those on the underside of the RC's belly, the following are torx type heads (I dont know if FG make allen type heads):
Wood screws (to go into the plastic posts and other plastic parts from the bottom): PN 6912/16
Engine mount screws (for alum engine mounts): PN 6920/14
To hold the TVPs to the 4mm chassis (4screws on each side): PN 6925/8

I should also add: As for screw backing out, the only ones that I lost are 6112's from the wheels. I put locktite on all else. And the quality of FG is such that I have had absolutely none of the wood screws that go into plastic parts come out. The plastics quality used by FG is such that they grip the wood screws' threads. I have unscrewed and screwed back in several screws several times on the grab handle, sometimes even over doing it, and they still do not back out.
The only pieces that I have had to replace are the ones that I wound up breaking (and at least for me, I have not broken much on my FGs).

Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

wait, doesnt that pipe blow towards the rear of the baja? arent you going to have oil all over the inside and electronics of your truck?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:16 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Yeah, for the way the pipe is positioned, it will drip exhaust and unburnt fuel/lube onto the servos.

I have had the coupler of the FG comp pipe come loose, that coupler is situated right over the servos. I just wiped down the servos, reinstalled the pipe back into the coupler, and fortunately, have not had any problems with the servos giving out.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:02 AM
splcrazy

that pipe is from my previous baja5b , i just had to get rid of the stupid stock can muffler , the baja5b pipe is only blowing oil fumes towards under the bonnet of the shell , its not spraying anything at all on electrics or servos . UNTIL i get the TGN race pipe built for this FG truck ill just continue to run this pipe .

after putting the 29cc raceported head and raceported carb i ran it today and have to say the power is only just slightly improved , it feels like its got better torque with improved top speed but its not that much to say WOW , i feel im going to have to slap on a TS beast crankcase induction engine with a 36mm ESP ported head and stuffed crank , its just too slow off the line..

i dont know i feel a tiny bit of regret doing the trade , my baja was worth maybe about $2200 with its mods but the FG was $2000 and thats how much he paid for it , the hobby shop owner even wanted to charge him $2400 because of aussie dollar to USA dollar rates , in the end it was maybe an even swap in money cost . and the $400 cash i gave him he ended up buying a DX3S for the baja i gave him but he gave the radio to me to bring it home with his baja cos he wanted me to install it into the baja5b for him cos he didnt know how to do it , but what he doesnt know is that the DX3S came with two recievers a SR3300t and a SR300 , i put in the sr3300t into his baja5b and kept the spare SR300 for my self which will definatly work with my DX3R lol so yeah i maybe say it was a good deal lol a FG MT and a free spektrum reciever
Old 03-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that pipe is from my previous baja5b , i just had to get rid of the stupid stock can muffler , the baja5b pipe is only blowing oil fumes towards under the bonnet of the shell , its not spraying anything at all on electrics or servos . UNTIL i get the TGN race pipe built for this FG truck ill just continue to run this pipe .

after putting the 29cc raceported head and raceported carb i ran it today and have to say the power is only just slightly improved , it feels like its got better torque with improved top speed but its not that much to say WOW , i feel im going to have to slap on a TS beast crankcase induction engine with a 36mm ESP ported head and stuffed crank , its just too slow off the line..

i dont know i feel a tiny bit of regret doing the trade , my baja was worth maybe about $2200 with its mods but the FG was $2000 and thats how much he paid for it , the hobby shop owner even wanted to charge him $2400 because of aussie dollar to USA dollar rates , in the end it was maybe an even swap in money cost . and the $400 cash i gave him he ended up buying a DX3S for the baja i gave him but he gave the radio to me to bring it home with his baja cos he wanted me to install it into the baja5b for him cos he didnt know how to do it , but what he doesnt know is that the DX3S came with two recievers a SR3300t and a SR300 , i put in the sr3300t into his baja5b and kept the spare SR300 for my self which will definatly work with my DX3R lol so yeah i maybe say it was a good deal lol a FG MT and a free spektrum reciever
lol, the FG can muffler will give you better performance than the HPI pigtail, and make half as much noise. It's too slow off the line because stock zenoah clutch springs 5400rpm engagement. Try a red spring.

I can't believe you find it so slow. The Zenoah engine stock, with a decent torquey pipe will backflip all day long. Mine backflips if I gun it from standstill, even on loose surfaces, and I only have a stock Zen 26 and a DDM torque pipe.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
splcrazy

I changed the clutch to the 8thou spring it feels better but it doesnt back flip . I might put back on the zen 34mm head and raceport it . Does ddm sell the proper zen 34 mm pistons cos they are cut different
Old 03-23-2009, 08:37 PM
mooman007uk

get a good pipe and it'll back flip, the hpi pipes make next to no bottom end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.