Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG Modellsport MT muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:04 PM
bsharding1982
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG Modellsport MT muffler

Hey, I have a FG Modellsport MT coming soon and can't wait. Thing is, I don't think my neighbors will care for the sound too much. Is there a good muffler out there or a silencer? I've tried searching for parts but can't seem to find anything.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Firehammer muffler

The stock muffler is among the most quiet muffler you can have on these cars,but maybe an extra silencer like [link=http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.1753/.f]this[/link] or [link=http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4389/.f]this[/link] will help.I think the stinger on the muffler is 16 mm/ 5/8 inch,so this will fit.Maybe you have to use an 90 degree elbow to point it the right way,i dont remember the shape on the muffler on the FH
Old 04-01-2009, 02:22 PM
bsharding1982
My Feedback: (12)

Ah, I was figuring a different muffler be needed, that would be cool because it looks like they can be removed easily. What is the difference between the Firehammer and FG Modellsport MT?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Lars from Norway

Nope,you dont need a new muffler as this is as quiet you can get.Using a silencer in addition to the stock muffler,has anyone tried this before,i guess it gets a lot more quieter?

Hmm,difference...Ehh,none?They looks very similar to me,look at Slawhammer's thread "new to the 1/5scale world",on this car it is almost only the chassiplate that isnt Firehammer anymore,haha!So i guess it is very similar.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:33 PM
mooman007uk

Default RE: FG Modellsport MT muffler

Dude you live in the states...if the neighbours complain about the noise....shoot them
Kidding aside the stock fg can is pretty quiet
Old 04-02-2009, 09:45 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: bsharding1982

Ah, I was figuring a different muffler be needed, that would be cool because it looks like they can be removed easily. What is the difference between the Firehammer and FG Modellsport MT?
Yeah, the stock box-canister is a tad quiter, I actualy broke down, went to Radio Shack, and got a deciblemeter. The tuned pipes, to my surprise are noisier.
However, a silencer on eitehr a can or tuned pipe will help tame the decibels:
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.1753/.f

As for the difference in FH and FG MT, well, I know from my own FGs, that the FGs come with the better Zenoah engines (much better than the DTX engines). Or if you want to save a little, depending on the seller, you can put a CY engine into the FG (the CY itself is still better than the DTX). The DTX engine is only 23cc, wehre the Zenoah and CY are 26cc (unless you order an upgrade, in which case you can upgrade the engine to as high as a CY 30.5cc).
Old 04-03-2009, 05:57 AM
splcrazy

the stock muffler that these come with sound like a low noise buzzing fan , very quiet doesnt even sound like a rc engine
Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Lars from Norway

I have somewhere seen some air intake silencers too,these helps to reduse the suction sound when you blip the throttle,you dont get so much "baaaap"-sound if you know what i mean