Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Issue w/ jetpro V2 on my firehammer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Issue w/ jetpro V2 on my firehammer

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 08:26 PM
bigbademan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue w/ jetpro V2 on my firehammer

I have a problem w/ my exhaust manifold bolts coming loose on my Firehammer. It was happening with my stock CY23, but I figured that the threads were stripped out in the motor.

I bought a new CY29, and I am having the same problem. I loctite them, but they still come loose after a few minutes , causing the motor to WOT due to the air leak, which brings me to the next point. The last time this happened, the truck flipped and the motor was WOT for about 10-15 seconds and shut down. Now my pull start is jammed. Do you think I grenaded the engine? It has less than 3 tanks through it, so I am hoping not. I will take it apart when I get some time, but in the mean time, has anyone else had this problem with the exhaust bolts, and if so, what can be done to prevent them from coming loose?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:16 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Issue w/ jetpro V2 on my firehammer

Well I tell ya what I have done for years with exhaust bolts to take care of that problem..It will never come again..
Take your exhaust bolts..drill a 1/8 inch hole thru the head...now get some mechanic's wire..I think .032 thousands Dia,,
and safety wire the bolts.....wire has too be pulled tight from a tighted bolt to the next bolt as to not to loosen or back off
enclosed picture will give you a idea......Slawhammer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17483.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	1172812  
Old 04-04-2009, 09:54 PM
ZX9RBART

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Issue w/ jetpro V2 on my firehammer

The exhaust coming loose should in no way cause the engine to go WOT due to an air leak. Carb loose...maybe, but exhaust loose will just cause a performance drop. Pullstart locked sounds more like engine locked up. Maybe you got lucky and while upside down gas drained into your engine hydro locking it but i doubt it. Take the plug out and see if it will turn over. If not take the clutch bell off and see if you can turn the engine by hand (or take the pullstart off). Sounds like a locked engine though.