Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Stock Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:53 AM
laganm21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Exhaust

How do you gut the stock exhaust, is there a easy way to do this or is this just a wast of time
Old 05-04-2009, 10:18 AM
cuemando

Default RE: Stock Exhaust

Standard exhaust like on an FG or a clone or what. It wouldn't be that hard to do if you can weld it back together.
My opinion would be to get a tuned pipe. I'm just new so not an expert yet. I have just fitted a dominator pipe to my Carson Comanche and the motor seems to rev a bit more freely but I haven't driven it yet. I have also fitted an O'neill brothers reed block. Don't really know to much about it yet but it seems to have made the motor crisper as it prevents double fueling.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:25 AM
laganm21

its the Stock exhaust for a Rampage witch is the same exhaust as the baja 5b stock, i hear of people doing this all the time. but the only way I see to do it is, to just break up the inside with a screw driver and dump it out one of the ports
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 AM
cuemando

I dunno. The screw driver method seems a bit agricultural but whatever works I suppose. I would cut the seems and split it, gut it then weld it back together. This might be like running no muffler though and cause engine damage??? They need some sort of back pressure to run right. From what I know about motorbikes, no muffler can burn the piston out but that's on four strokes. I assume two strokes would be the same. This is the best place to find stuff like this out as most here seem real helpful and have been playing with 1/5 scale stuff for ages.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:48 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I would just get a better pipe and not waste my time.