Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

using a toro gearbox

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
RCguru09
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: using a toro gearbox

Take a good looooooong look SIS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19564.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1201206  
Old 05-18-2009, 06:08 PM
QSPSB2

Hey drewcrew6,, Sure you can take it for a spin... But you need a pilots licence. The baby is going to literly fly... It will run in the low 6s @ 206 mph+

As for the gear box... I did purchase a few of them to check out. A friend and I had planed on building a few types of 1/4 scale cars to sell. And though these toro gear boxes may be a cheap alternative rear end!! But with little to no market on 1/4 scale & the recession we desided not to.

As for them Van-K wheels... That what i have on the Beretta at the moment.... There a good quality & light aluminum wheel..The pic below is the ones i purchased.. http://www.cometkartsales.com/store/wheels/vank2.htm
ORIGINAL: drewcrew6

That is a sweet ride , Let me drive it?????

How did the Toro gears hold up for you if you ran them. I am afraid the gearbox itself is to weak but the gears, well the jury is still out on that. So far my truck still moves.

Drewcrew6
Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:33 PM
drewcrew6

QS Wow UM okay put a passenger seat in it and take me for a run, That would be safer for me and the car !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like they are all 5" wheels do they have them in 4". Do you know if they make a "snow hog" tire in the 4 or 5" rim and outside about 10" ,width whatever.

Drewcrew6

Old 05-19-2009, 08:52 AM
RCguru09
Banned

QS Wow UM okay put a passenger seat in it and take me for a run, That would be safer for me and the car !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like they are all 5" wheels do they have them in 4". Do you know if they make a "snow hog" tire in the 4 or 5" rim and outside about 10" ,width whatever.

Drewcrew6

Mine are Van-k 4" wheels.Unfortunately they were discontinued many years ago. So the Answer is NO to all yor Inqueries. I plan on using a 8" tire for my build. Research in the answer to all your questions. Never rely on somebody else to do your own work for you.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

I'm gonna try and keep this as civil as possible so the admin's don't lock this thread...
But this is just getting ridiculous....
[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

[&:]
Let me get this straight, "Guru"
When no one asks you a question you post a statement like "If you leave milk out of the fridge it will go off"
Then you come along and show a picture of a rim without any info.
After someone else has posted the details on that rim you all of a sudden come back and tell us it's not available any more.

Research in the answer to all your questions. Never rely on somebody else to do your own work for you
Ok, last time I looked this was a message board where people help eachother and give advice.
Research doesn't mean that you sit alone and Google things.
It also includes other people sharing their knowledge and experiences with things.
You have nothing to add to any conversation, and I doubt you even have your own RC car.
Please take your nonsense elsewhere because no one here is impressed with your endless drivel.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:52 AM
RCguru09
Banned

Lets get the facts straight.!!!!
I gave the info on my wheels. Fact: they are discontinued van-k 4"
not 5" wheels as shown by QS
The tire options are not avaiable for rims DC6 was looking for. That's sharing information.
Ihave added valuabe information to the conversation that you can't accept.
All facts and no BS.
No nonsence her just the facts.Im not impressed by U anymore.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:27 PM
drewcrew6

Drewcrew6: ( Looks like they are all 5" wheels do they have them in 4". Do you know if they make a "snow hog" tire in the 4 or 5" rim and outside about 10" ,width whatever )

Guru: ( Mine are Van-k 4" wheels.Unfortunately they were discontinued many years ago. So the Answer is NO to all yor Inqueries. I plan on using a 8" tire for my build. Research in the answer to all your questions. Never rely on somebody else to do your own work for you)

Not sure how you assumed that i did not look myself. As far as the "snowhog " tire I have found them in 4" so you as well need to be careful in what you state.

You plan on using an 8" tire for your build have you started it or is it just an idea?

Show us what you got going in rc cars since it sounds like you have 1 homebuilt and are planning another.

Guru: ( PS DC6:I just found 4" split van-k aluminum wheels tubeless and they work great. 1 lb. lighter each than yours. )
What have you used them on and how much do my rims weigh?

Drewcrew6

Old 05-20-2009, 05:41 PM
QSPSB2

DC6... Iv'e been trying to find the time to look for them tires for you and have came accross a link that may be of some help..

Scrool down near the bottom of the page and you will see the snow hogs.... http://www.gokartsupply.com/tires.htm

As for the rims i don't know of any 4'' aluminum rims that may work for you.... The 5'' rims are going to be history here in a year or soo.... All shifter karts require the 6'' rims now..
Old 05-20-2009, 06:02 PM
drewcrew6

Thanks Qs I did find those. They are on ebay as well. So what do you think about throwing apassenger seat in that monster Berretta? LOL

The other tire that Icannot find is the "Super Lug Tire" just above the "snow hogs" in the 4.10x3.50-4. The "snow hogs" would be good in snow and ice as well as grass that is not quite

dry. The " super lugs" i would think would be great in very loose dirt and loose snow.

Drewcrew6
Old 05-21-2009, 06:52 AM
QSPSB2

DC6... I know your just joking about putting a passenger seat in the Beretta.... It's also against IHRA regulations.... Not to mention all my electronics are located there... I'll be running a new supercharger engine next season with a Direct port Nitrous system and the bottle will be located there as well...

How about i take a few on board videos for yaa.... Sound cool?????
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62940.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1202910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83512.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1202911  
Old 05-21-2009, 09:21 AM
RCguru09
Banned

Drewcrew6: ( Looks like they are all 5" wheels do they have them in 4". Do you know if they make a "snow hog" tire in the 4 or 5" rim and outside about 10" ,width whatever )

Guru: ( Mine are Van-k 4" wheels.Unfortunately they were discontinued many years ago. So the Answer is NO to all yor Inqueries. I plan on using a 8" tire for my build. Research in the answer to all your questions. Never rely on somebody else to do your own work for you)

Not sure how you assumed that i did not look myself. As far as the "snowhog " tire I have found them in 4" so you as well need to be careful in what you state.

Drewcrew6

EXCUSE ME!!!! I only saw 6' and 8"at most places. That place was the only one that had 4' must be a limited supply. I wouldn't pay $30 for tires for a home build.
I plan on using 8" tires and making the 7" when done with the rims I have. No BUll!!! I better hurry and get some 5" wheels before they gonefor another future project.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:25 AM
drewcrew6

EXCUSE ME!!!! I only saw 6' and 8"at most places. That place was the only one that had 4' must be a limited supply. I wouldn't pay $30 for tires for a home build.
I plan on using 8" tires and making the 7" when done with the rims I have. No BUll!!! I better hurry and get some 5" wheels before they gonefor another future project.

< Message edited by RCguru09 5/21/2009 3:23 PM >

Guru what triggered that?
Old 05-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

This conversation is getting more and more bizarre every day.....

Old 05-22-2009, 08:57 AM
RCguru09
Banned

http://www.outdoordistributors.com/C.../snow_hog.htmlThat 's a yes and no to the origional question. So I m half right.No 10" tall snow hog tires. Yes to 4" wheel.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:48 AM
drewcrew6

QS Yeah I am joking but Iwish it could happen!!! Yeah a vid would be awesome. What kind of time and speed do you crank out with that monster? Do you only run local or are you atraveling racer?
What is the drivetrain?

Old 05-22-2009, 08:55 PM
QSPSB2

Cool i'll take some onboard videos for you next season.... Well i'm not quite sure what it's going to run yet.... With the set-up it go into the low 6s @206 mph or soo... I bought the car from a friend last year and have rebuilt almost everything on it.... He use to run it all over the country.... He ran a 762 BB / split brasswell's carbs / split pan / 3 stage fogger system / glide trans / 91/2'' full floater sheet metal rear end... The car has went 4.20s 1/8 mile & 6.60s 1/4 mile....

My set-up will consist of...JanCen 526 aries solid block, PSI 14-71 High Helix Blower, Mark Williams 4.10 Pro/Mod thirdmember, 9.5 ring & pinion Same sheet metal housing. Bruno/Lenco 10'' triple clutch 3,4,5 speed

I will run at a few tracks around here... I used to run a funnycar a few years ago and got out it for a while... My buddies talked me back into drag racing again.... Gee... What are friends for..... What can i say... The need for speed is in my blood... lol.lol.

http://www.osceoladragway.com/
http://www.us131motorsportspark.com/
http://www.bunkerhillrace.com/