Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

carb issues....wt 603......

Hey guys

...........my truck has a 603 carb.new............ran good and strong on friday..............went to gas it up yesterday...did so...but now when Igive it gas ...........it bogs...bad............does not get to full throttle RPMwise....bogs real bad carb opens all the way judging by the butterfly next to Han Lneedles...car is set to 1.25 on low and 1.5 on high side ...idles great but when Iget on the gas bogs alot .....?????????????????

not running in dirt ...on tarmac......cylinder bolts are tight....manifold bolts the same...gas is the same as Iwas using on friday.......

Any ideas???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: carb issues....wt 603......

A air leak around the carb. Check the carb gaskets. I suspect the primer gasket under the primer bulb. That's the first place to check.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

brand new carb and gaskets...............

I switched the old 668 to 603 ....was running great ..........filled it up ...now bogging on ..........not getting up to rpm's needed ...you think it would still be the gaskets??

sprayed wd-40 on carb area......with filter on .............no changes in idle at all..............idles perfect .............

?????? confused

thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The problem is usually around the carb. Check everything. It could be the intake gasket??? Bogging is a sign of a air leak somewhere??? It dosen't take much. Check the fuel line to the tank and fuel filter too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no no, 1.5 on the high might be too much gas. try leaning out the high speed, see if you get more rpm's. an indication of an airleak is an erratic idle and will most often be located by wd-40.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ITS WEIRD......I AM AT 1.5 ON HSN.......IF I RICHEN IT UP ......PLUG STAYS DRY ...ALMOST CARMEL LIGHT BROWN.....VERY LIGHT LIGHT GREY ......NOT OILY OR DARK...

LIKE I SAID EARLIER ...SPRAYED ALL AROUND CARB ,MANIFOLD ...NEAR BOTTOM OF THE JUG NEAR GASKET (COPPER ONE)....NO CHANGES IN IDLE AT ALL TO SIGNIFY AN AIRLEAK.....i PULLED THE HSN AND LSN OUT ALL THE WAY .....SPRAYED A LITTLE CARB CLEANER...NEW CARB NOT EVEN A 1/2 TANK THRU IT ...NO MORE BOGG JUST WORRIED THAT IT WILL NOT RICHEN UP AT ALL AT 2 FULL TURNS ON THE HSN...IS A ONEILLS 28.8 PORTED HEAD ......

COULD THIS LEANER EFFECT BE A BAD CARB????

THANKS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had th same problem and it was bogging as soon as I gave it gas. NO erratic idle. I found out it was a bad gasket. Not even WD-40 found it. The primer gasket. You had a air leak somewhere and by checking everything again you probably fixed it if you removd the carb and checked it. 1-3/4 on the high is ok. You can try checking the filter screen to ake sure it's new.