Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

The Unboxing and First run of my 5B 2.0

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

The Unboxing and First run of my 5B 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:43 AM
vge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Unboxing and First run of my 5B 2.0

Whats up folks, whelp this weekend I finally got my Baja in this weekend. Yesterday my daughter and I took the Baja out to a nice business part that a bunch of friends decided to meet at. Wow we had lots of fun. My daughter drove it like a champ. I am actually thinking of looking for a nice deal on an original 5b for her. Yesterday my DDM Dominator ver2 came in the mail so last night I put that on. I cant wait to see the improvement. Today I am gonnna have to go pick up some new tires because I basically turned the ones that came with it into slicks before I was even done the first tank. Anyway check out the vids I made. Drop some comments and subscribe for me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/theiceman1972
The Unboxing
The First Run
Old 05-31-2009, 11:20 AM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: The Unboxing and First run of my 5B 2.0

hi another md guy, nice. your new baja looks good, your going to love the new pipe. thanks for sharing with us
Old 05-31-2009, 01:26 PM
vge

ORIGINAL: nothinbetr2do

hi another md guy, nice. your new baja looks good, your going to love the new pipe. thanks for sharing with us
Thanks. Today I am going to take her out and see how she runs with the new pipe.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:14 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

cool vids! i like the sound of the dom v2!
Old 06-01-2009, 01:44 AM
sam123
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the video. I enjoyed that.

Now I want one lol.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 AM
vge

ORIGINAL: badboy2

cool vids! i like the sound of the dom v2!
Yeah that dom v2 is very nice. Very nice sound, and performance upgrade. I was surprised that it did not sound as loud as my friends dom v1 pipe he had on his 5T. But I think thats because his engine is bigger than mine. But I really think I am going to stick with the 23cc with the dom v2. Has plenty of speed and torq. My daughter even loves it.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:22 AM
vge

ORIGINAL: sam123

Thanks for the video. I enjoyed that.

Now I want one lol.

Go get one off ebay. There is a guy names rc_man88 that sells them mad cheap brand new in the box. I only paid $750 for mine and $24 shipping. I had it in 3 days. The guy is great.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:50 AM
dimag093

Lucky you mate [8D]
Have tons of fun with her
Old 06-01-2009, 04:48 PM
dc2 man
Banned

man i must say i really enjoyed your videos.........really cool.

that is a very nice machine,lucky you.

i was expecting you to be really easy on the throttle until i watched the video...........man that thing is well able to move.

sounds very well tuned,did you do any tuning?

do what you do man cause you do it good!!

best of luck with it..........
Old 06-01-2009, 06:10 PM
vge

ORIGINAL: dc2 man

man i must say i really enjoyed your videos.........really cool.

that is a very nice machine,lucky you.

i was expecting you to be really easy on the throttle until i watched the video...........man that thing is well able to move.

sounds very well tuned,did you do any tuning?

do what you do man cause you do it good!!

best of luck with it..........
Thanks for all the great compliments. Actually right now only thing I did to the 5b 2.0 is toss on the Dom v2 pipe. I have decided I wont do any tunning until the third tank. Right now I am still on my second. I was told it is lasting so long because I used the same premium gas I put in my Mini Cooper S..

Old 06-02-2009, 03:24 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeh, the HPIs seem to require only the bare minimum of tuning out of the box, if I remember rightly, my old 23 only needed a 1/4 turn on high speed. You can tune after the first tank though if you want, no reason to wait. These engines don't work on 'pinch' like nitros, they are ringed, so they are ready to rip straight out of the box, it just makes sense to let everything bed a bit on the first tank, then let her rip.

By the way, the octane of the fuel you use is not having any bearing on how long or how fast you run. High octane fuel is only for high compression engines, like my S2000. Without the added compression, the explosion is actually less powerful. If you switch to regular unleaded, you may even notice a small improvement in performance.

I can't see your video from the office unfortunately, but it sounds good from what others have said, I'll check it out when I get home. Enjoy!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:17 AM
vge

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Yeh, the HPIs seem to require only the bare minimum of tuning out of the box, if I remember rightly, my old 23 only needed a 1/4 turn on high speed. You can tune after the first tank though if you want, no reason to wait. These engines don't work on 'pinch' like nitros, they are ringed, so they are ready to rip straight out of the box, it just makes sense to let everything bed a bit on the first tank, then let her rip.

By the way, the octane of the fuel you use is not having any bearing on how long or how fast you run. High octane fuel is only for high compression engines, like my S2000. Without the added compression, the explosion is actually less powerful. If you switch to regular unleaded, you may even notice a small improvement in performance.

I can't see your video from the office unfortunately, but it sounds good from what others have said, I'll check it out when I get home. Enjoy!
I wont be using high octane anymore. I just happen to be getting gas for my Mini Cooper S. So I said oh well might as well toss in a buck.