Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

E 85

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:20 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E 85

E 85 is 85 pecent ethanol race fuel sold for $10dollars a litre and is like 120ron octane since our baja5b engines dont have rubber components it should work excellent , dont know how or if it will mix with 2stroke though , im running esp raceported heads so they say to use the maximum octane you can get your hands on , if i run this stuff would i maybe have to get a TS cylinder head with the differant compression domes to make it work ,what compression dome would i need to run this kind of fuel ?
Old 06-08-2009, 05:22 AM
sam123
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: E 85

Apparently itsnot good forthe diapragms in the carb...and it will give you less performance becauseethanol contains less energy per mol than regular petrol.

And btw its 85% petrol and 15% ethanol.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:30 AM
splcrazy

this fuel is the highest amount of energy in the HPF Horsepower factory here in melb vic dandenong, done tests with fuels and e 85 gave a huge amount of kw upto 310kw over the rest , e10 was 294kw, 91 was 287kw, and 98 was 293kw.

And btw ITS 85% ETHANOL AND 15%98RON PETROL http://www.racefuels.com.au/fuelsDetail.asp?ID=16
ORIGINAL: sam123

Apparently itsnot good forthe diapragms in the carb...and it will give you less performance becauseethanol contains less energy per mol than regular petrol.

And btw its 85% petrol and 15% ethanol.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:39 AM
sam123
My Feedback: (1)

Oh, my mistake. I appologise. I was mistaken for e10.

Anyway, I guess you could give it a go. If it does ruin your carb then its only a couple bucks to get a rebuild kit.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:42 AM
savagecommander

it will ruin the diaphram in the carb- and you will also have to flow about 30% more fuel. if you can take advantage of the high octane you will have more power than running gas.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:58 AM
splcrazy

the 813 will handle it , with the internal pump and modded shaft it should work good i think ?. what are those alcohol carbs used for then ? could you run the baja5b engine on methanol but the engine needs 2stroke
ORIGINAL: savagecommander

it will ruin the diaphram in the carb- and you will also have to flow about 30% more fuel. if you can take advantage of the high octane you will have more power than running gas.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:45 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As savagecommander pointed out, IF you can use the increased virtual 'octane', you might see a decent gain. I would guess (and it is just a guess), that you will get LESS performance unless you increase the compression dramatically, due to the fact already stated, energy per molecule is far higher in petrol. We haven't been using it all these years as our primary combustion fuel for nothing. If something was significantly better, people would be using it.