Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

1/5 Electric Prototyp - Lehner 3060

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

1/5 Electric Prototyp - Lehner 3060

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:44 PM
studysession

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/5 Electric Prototyp - Lehner 3060

absolutely stunning
Old 08-14-2009, 08:50 PM
traxxaspede

Amazing work!

If your current controller doesn't work out, you might want to contact Castle Creations, because I know they can make custom controllers for high voltage/amps.

You gotta promise to get some videos of it running as soon as you get the controller, it looks so fast, especially with that Merc body.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:03 PM
intimidator_md

This is absolutely beautiful. You have done a masterful job. Can't wait to see some vids and action pics of this beast. I wanna know how fast she goes!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:22 PM
dc2 man
Banned

thats a nice design and lovely body.but im sure a prototype like this would require lots of testing to see how all holds up.

my big problem with this model is its electric and very powerful,tyres here are the problem and no sound....for two reasons,the top of the range tyres i can get are good but for this type of power who knows....i reckon there would be loads of spin out on the track in corners,when i run my oroads with new tyres and everything ok i always rely on engine sound to help me along and it helps preventing spin out in corners by listening to the rpm,this sudden rpm imbalance as car is starting to spin out of control helps me out and enables me to catch car on time before it is able to loose control........thats my big problem with elec cars down to the smallest ones i have had....you get no warning in corners just incontrolable corner spin out that you got to control before your expensive kit hits a wall.......because you cannot hear whats going on until tyres have already lost all traction!

i do not run in tracks all my time but when i do go to my nearest track it is difficult surface to run on and tyre choice is critical,i own a lot of expensive machines and do not want to destroy them either.

i like the engine sound always in corners as it helps a lot in this area.it gives the driver a lot of feedback about what is going on.makes car a little more forgiving.

but best of luck its very nice.and i would sure like to see a video of it in action.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Model Concept France

Hello,

I give you news about this project.
OK, I said that my Schulze controller is burned out.
The company Shulze are testing my engine with the controller 40-300 For them, this controller has a different behavior with lehner 3060 engine.
So, they made tests.
After that, they send me a new controler, with some modifications.

So I look forward to receive the new controller.

Don't worry, I don't forget to make videos !

Best Regards !
Old 11-09-2009, 09:46 AM
lutach
My Feedback: (1)

Schulze found out what the problem was that made the 40.300 fail. Did they send you a new controller?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Model Concept France

Hello,
This prototyp is finished. All electronic parts are ok. Very performant.
Look this video :

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5IDeClgp0]Video MCF[/link]
Old 11-15-2009, 01:06 PM
studysession

Awsome video - thanks for sharing....
Old 11-15-2009, 01:57 PM
GiantScale

Good God! That thing would smoke any gas car no problem.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:20 PM
DarkFire989

Until he needs to swap out the batteries while the other gassers are still running.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Sherv

WOW! Real burnouts!!! Skid marks!!! ENVY!!! I am a nitro/gas only person but great job on the build... Looks like the hard work paid off!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:19 AM
rhylsadar

hi

nice video. its a marvelous car. [8D]

have you changed now the wiring of the motor or are you just using 6s lipo now?
anyway if you have not changed the motor i guess you are still not on the safe side with your setup. 6s with a 3060/7 is much more probable to fail due to the extreme ampere loads the esc has to bear. low voltage and high rpm motors ist just not the way to go.
in case you have not switched the motor i suggest you give it a try with a 12s setup and a motor with around 500-800 rpmv (e.g. lehner 3060 with 10-14 turns) and maybe a bit longer gearing. i am sure the electric components would stay much cooler and runtimes will increase.

bye
rhylsadar
Old 11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
lutach

That is one of the most beautiful vehicles I've seen. Did you get the data out of the ESC to see what kind of power it's making?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:06 AM
markheggie

I totally agree. I absolutely love electrics and this is one the coolest machines I have ever seen, but I can't believe you are running it on 6s! that is not enough voltage. How much heat is developed in the motor? in the controller? in the batteries? High amps causes heat. Heat is inefficiency (see gas engine, a good model of inefficiency). This prototype would be much better off with 12s and lower Kv motor. Remember, voltage is your friend. I assume that you know that 12s running at 150 amps is the same power as 6s at 300 amps. The main difference is the 6s high amperage setup will see premature failure compared to the 12s 150 amp setup. Especially when you have 14s controller! or even better do 14s! then less amps (130),which is less wear on the batteries, less wear on the esc and less heat! if you are developinga lot of heat, that will also translate into decreased run times, because of low efficiency ( assuming you are seeing a lot of heat.How do you burn a esc rated for 300 amps?). Especially if you are creating heat in the batteries. that is sure to decrease the life of batteries. Why do you think Tesla Roadster has water cooled batteries? so just in case they are pushed a little harder than they like (which is about 4c per cell), they dissipate the heat. I would love to see this thing on 14 s. the lower the amps, the longer your electronics (controller, batteries, motor, etc)last.