Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what would you keep?

out of these 3 5th scales which one would you keep and why.

xtm with 23cc engine. very good shape (same as the duratrax firehammer)
    duratrax firehammer 23cc engine.very good shape.
    fg marder 26cc engine. very good shape

all vehicles are currently stock.
    BARREL ROLL\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'S ARE INEVITABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    signed C.C.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: what would you keep?

Keep the FG parts will always be there

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i was thinking about that but alot of the fg parts are interchanglable with the firehammer also.
    i like that the marder has the 26cc zenoah though.
    signed C.C.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Definitely the FG!
    Past: Kyosho Ultima, T/A Rc10T, OFNA OB4-Nitro
    Current: NIB Tamiya Supershot, MCD Proline RaceRunner, HPI Baja 5T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd keep the Marder. High quality parts and the biggest engine out of the bunch
    RCUniverse.com | Wattflyer.com | RCUvideos.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Deffo the Marder, better quality and more parts, even tho most fg parts fit the other 2 cars. FG is a better base to start with and will have a Zen 26cc!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yep keep the FG , you cant go wrong with a FG

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

yep keep the FG , you cant go wrong with a FG
    Nail, head, hit.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You should know by now..FG has been around the longest of all the RC units out there...over 20 years.....
    Most other's like the firehammer is a clone of the Fg Marder...and lot of parts innter change..........
    There is no question about it..........Fg Marder all the way.......Slawhammer
    Car....\"slawhammer Special\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if the FG has been around the longest then why hasnt it been popular for aftermarket billet parts like the hpi baja5b ? , the 5b has only been around for a short amount of years.

is it because the FG has always been high priced and not so many people could afford one so then the interest in making billet parts for them really low ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I too say keep the FG. There are tons of parts and hop-ups designed directly for the FG. Though they might in many cases be direct fit for the FG clones to, it is not always a 100% gauranty the FG hop-ups will be always 100% direct drop-in parts. (Example: Some DTX/Smartech gears will not fit the FGs 100%, not without buying other associated parts to make those gears work).

There are those who will poo poo on the FG and say that it has let them down, but my own experiences are contrary. And at least a couple of other FG owners will also agree.

Very good truck, and at least you have first hand experience with the FG and the clones and know for yourself.
    I hate stray Tomcats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wow!!!!!! it looks like it's the fg lol. yes i have all three listed (plus a km baja) and all seem to handle about the same BUT i just ran the fg with the jetpro pipe and HOLY****!!!!!! batman. that 26cc zenoah is much better than the 23cc cy with the jetpro. oh'well now to get the others cleaned up so they can go on the market.
    thanks for all your opinions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx70582.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	1229313  
    signed C.C.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

if the FG has been around the longest then why hasnt it been popular for aftermarket billet parts like the hpi baja5b ? , the 5b has only been around for a short amount of years.

is it because the FG has always been high priced and not so many people could afford one so then the interest in making billet parts for them really low ?

cos FG make their own is why no one else does and the majority of aftermarket stuff is geared to the USA where FG aren't as popular as the 5b. there are euro aftermarket players elcon is an example but FG have it pretty much sewn up. The day integy make FG parts is the day FG's rep goes down the toilet in my opinion.

Oh and keep the FG for sure

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah so your saying that because FG have already made all the alloy bits as for the compettition model there is really no real reason to bother making another brand of alloy billet parts if you can just buy replacement parts for the comp model to even replace the plastic parts in our non comp models . but then why do we have over five companys making their own billet parts for the 5B

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's all to do with marketing cos FG are primarily in the eurozone (they never bothwered with the USA until recently...maybe they just found it on the map) and the volume sales in the USA/Canada aren't worth the tooling costs for the aftermarket big players such as GH, integy and the smaller ones like vertigo, craftwerks...etc. Even rpm say they wont make arms for fg cos of the volume (yet there are probably 500000 fg's out there but RPM don't know where europe is apparently)....these companies are only interested in USA sales, i don't think half of them know europe exists
    I know small companies like DPS have made a few alloy parts for FG and a few european companies also....just troll thru the online euro stores and you'll find bits and pieces that you never knew about before but 99% of the upgrade parts made by FG can't really be improved upon so it's hard for a company to compete and when they do like elcon the price is high cos the volume is low. FG, the clever Germans, started making upgrades the day they started making cars over 25 years ago.....perfect marketing strategy which is still working to this day.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

moo, your insight has pretty much hit it on the head. Yes, it is very clever marketing. I remember that even before comp versions came out, the only way to get the nice alloy bits (suspension arms, diff housings, etc.) was to order them from FG. Even to this day, alot of the FG hop-ups either come directly from FG themselves or like you said, Elcon. Since FG are perfectionists as far as their finished products (for the most part, I have some very minor gripes, but nothing damning), I am glad they took this quality standards to their aftermarket stuff.

This is just a guess on my part, so it is not to be taken as truth. Aside from having to compete with FG's own higher quality hop-ups, I am thinking that a part of the reason why the aftermarket guys in the US do not spread out into Europe for the FGs is because it might be because of trade laws. It might be hard for them to establish themselves there because they might have to jump through alot of burning hoops and dance a jig at the end of it before they are given vendors licenses, etc. Also, aside from FG's own hop-ups and Elcon, they might have to compete with other smaller hop-up guys who too are trying their hardest to squeeze into FG and Elcon hop-up territory.
    I hate stray Tomcats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It might be hard for them to establish themselves there because they might have to jump through alot of burning hoops and dance a jig at the end of it before they are given vendors licenses, etc.
    It's true, except that they have to do the jig while juggling a one eyed piglet as well.

What has been said is true though, it's hard to find better parts than the official FG alloy stuff.
    RCUniverse.com | Wattflyer.com | RCUvideos.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's true, except that they have to do the jig while juggling a one eyed piglet as well.
    LMAO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah i'd still like to see what a company could come up for the FG like, my favorite is darksoul racing his billet parts always amazes me , my eyes would light up to see what he could come up with for the FG MT .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As for Darksoul or other similar guys like these making aftermarket parts for FGs, I have no doubt that they will make very nice high quality custom parts for FGs that are totally unique to the FG hop-ups. I also have no doubt their parts will be on par with fG quality and materially. If an American aftermarket companies make FG hop-ups, I hope they do because they are original and unique.

As moo was trying to express earlier (at least what I got from it), I hope Integy does not attempt to do so. They should stick to hop-ups for the lesser RCs. Not because I think they cant make quality parts for FGs; I am sure they can make quality parts, it's just that I strongly think they dont want to so they maximize their profit margin.
    I hate stray Tomcats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OMG!!! integy in my opinion does not make hop ups.they make pretty parts for pretty people lol. the quality is a downgrade from most stock parts they replace as they are weaker.
    it's all about looks for integy people. sorry but i'll never buy ANYTHING integy!!!!!!!!. i'd rather run all day than sit there looking good on a shelf.

well back to the subject
    i'm keeping the fg and for now the xtm. both are dialed in and run and handle great. the only downside is my my km baja has not been run in a while lol.
    signed C.C.