Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

a few new parts + installed pictures...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

a few new parts + installed pictures...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:27 PM
9672jh02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few new parts + installed pictures...

hey guys, been a while since ive spent a bit of money on the baja, well when i say a while, about 1 month :lol: so many nice things but not enough money is the case, but small chunks a bit at a time and its slowley getting how i want it. heres a few pictures of the latest parts i recieved today from a nice white van man with a box.

the parts include:
  • pistion stopper
  • proline front foams
  • proline front desperado wheels
  • proline rear desperado wheels
  • hostile extra hard mx tires
  • ramtec front springs
  • ramtec rear springs (on backorder)

and fitted

i also did a few diy mods one recent, one a while back
the first is a attempt to keep a majority of the grass out of the damm pods and ender the engine, as the pod-dams arnt avalable in the uk yet i made these as a tempory soltion i hope till i can get the pod dams.

i also made a while back a set of dogbone boot protectors out of some aluminium i had left over. all hand made and realy just guess work with the measurments, but didnt turn out too bad

hope you like it and please comment

johno
Old 07-07-2009, 09:55 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: a few new parts + installed pictures...

Wow, looks very nice!

I'm really digging the heavy duty front bumper.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:11 AM
9672jh02

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Wow, looks very nice!

I'm really digging the heavy duty front bumper.
chears mate, the front bumper i would recomend to anybody looking to get one, its aprox 10 mm thick, plastic and it also doubles up as a chassis brace aswell, so it eliminates 2 problems with one product, and its super strong. saved my baja from a post once i would say half speen into a wood post, the post moved and the baja just bounced off with not a scratch.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 AM
splcrazy

yep not enough money is a problem lol , the list of upgrade parts is huge and just when you say yep im finished with modding this thing out , then another few brandnew differant items become available and the spending starts again, i still want to get the scorpion main chassis and side pods in mirror polish for both my 5b's lol do the maths and it equals a huge hole in my pocket .

great looking 5b man , hey are you enjoying the headspinning intoxicating smell of the new hostile tyres lol
Old 07-08-2009, 03:15 AM
9672jh02

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

yep not enough money is a problem lol , the list of upgrade parts is huge and just when you say yep im finished with modding this thing out , then another few brandnew differant items become available and the spending starts again, i still want to get the scorpion main chassis and side pods in mirror polish for both my 5b's lol do the maths and it equals a huge hole in my pocket .

great looking 5b man , hey are you enjoying the headspinning intoxicating smell of the new hostile tyres lol
chears buddy, yeah having 1 5b is expensive, but 2, id be skint all the time if i had 2 lol

as for the hostiles, i think they have gorn to my head, im on my 3rd set and still not finished, i also keep the cutouts left over to keep things smelling nice
Old 07-09-2009, 04:39 AM
splcrazy

YEP two baja5b's each estimated cost is $6000 each and still adding new parts , if i can find my other thread i started i need to make an update soon lol i made my own solid rear tail light peice , i have the hostile mx tires too but hardly run them so i set them aside cos now i mainly use my beasts on road , so im planning to get the hostile slicks front and rear very soon , but i would prefer a slick tyre with a deep tread pattern like the SLD tyres i think they're called but they run on elcon rims for the 5b