Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Different clutch housings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:02 AM
waqr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different clutch housings?

Hi!

I recently bought this clutch housing kit from DDM:

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.4176/.f

When I should install it on My FG Monster I had a hard time to get the large engine mount to fit correctly. It all ended up with me using the old clutch housing instead. When I compare the two clutch housings I noticed that the old one had some material cut off (I hope you understand what I mean) in the lower right corner which allowed the engine mount to fit correctly (see black arrows in below picture:

You could also see it very clearly if you look at this link:

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/cgi...en=0Tsuche8345

Why didn`t the new clutch housing have this material cut off? Which clutch housing should I order if I want the material cut off as shown in above picture? Isn`t the Zenoah clutch housing that I should have for the Zenoah engine?

Confused :blush:
Old 07-08-2009, 01:32 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Different clutch housings?

I had the same problem, I bought an ESP ported engine for my 4x4 MT and the clutch housing didn't have the cut. Unfortunately I sold the stock zenoah engine (which had the cut) already. I emailed Troy at Largescalerc, they have the the clutch housing/coupling flange.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:05 AM
pwaicon

You will need to order the clutch housing in the second link you posted, the FG part # is 8345.[link]http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.2158/.f[/link]
Old 07-09-2009, 02:19 AM
waqr

Hi!

I just found out the reason for the difference on the clutch housings:

The original Zenoah clutch housing is the one without the "material cut off". What FG does is that they modify this (cutting away material in order for the FG engine mount to fit properly) and then they add approximately 20 USD on the price [>:] (Zenoah 6 USD & FG 26 USD)

So to sum up:

If you are going to buy a clutch housing for you FG offroad buy the stock Zenoah and do the cutting yourself.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:50 AM
dc2 man
Banned

or just cut/machine the one you have one the engine......end of story....