Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

KM dealer in Canada? KSRC002 or 2.0?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

KM dealer in Canada? KSRC002 or 2.0?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 04:03 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KM dealer in Canada? KSRC002 or 2.0?

i have been searching for a canadian shop that deals with KM baja's, no luck so far..anyone here know of canadian dealer? and if not, possibly point me towards a reputable US dealer? i would like to avoid the whole E bay thing if i could, not to mention the KSRC002 being sold on ebay are sans "tuned" pipe..

and i would like feedback from anyone that has spent any time with the new 2.0 alloy version of the KM baja.. or feedback from anyone that runs all aluminum cars...
it looks like a good idea, but plastic can flex a little better than aluminum...would you say that the 2.0 is more for looks? i dont really care what it looks like, i just want to pick up the best knock off i can , LOL kind of an oxy moron i know but what can guy do?

this car will spend most of its time (broken i am sure HAHA) in the rocks, not the sand, so i am thinking that the standard KSRC002 would be my best bet..just for resistance to dents and the like..but you tell me.. if the alloy version is the best one out thats the one i will go with, just so long as i can get a 29cc stuffed into it.

this is my brothers account i have just noticed.. i am BuggyChamp on the forum...

Anyhow, thanks for any help/direction/feedback you can lend!
Cale
Old 07-19-2009, 01:03 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Default RE: KM dealer in Canada? KSRC002 or 2.0?

There are no reputable dealers selling the KM Baja in the US.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:46 PM
BuggyChamp

Okay, so say a guy living in canada wants to buy a KM product. where does he or she look? direct from the source in china? some place in AUS? one of these make shift websites i see?

there must be someone slanging these things around here...

Cale
Old 07-19-2009, 12:54 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

There are no reputable dealers selling the KM Baja anywhere in the world. You can find alot of crooks selling them, but thats always taking a chance. Look in teh KM Bjaa thread, people tell you where to go direct and how much. But, they are not that reputable either, since they are selling a stolen design. With the price of used bajas being so low, its always safer to buy a used real thing.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:06 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets not turn this into a clone/theft thread. The question is simple: Are there any distributers/retailers in Canada or United States selling King Motors products?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:12 PM
BuggyChamp

i agree with the post above, i personally dont care about clone or not, IMO thats like saying that you will only buy factory brand rotors for your car because all the cheaper brands are clones, or some other brand of replacement A arms for you RC, those would also be clones...or buying some other cheap brand of paint...that would be a clone of another brand of paint..
hell you could go on forever, so people just need to get over that clone crap. i just want to know where to buy the car, in Canada if possible
Old 07-20-2009, 02:52 PM
BuggyChamp

if you happen to be a canadian and your looking for a 5B or "clone" check your e mail if your hooked up with tower's mail service. 225 bucks off a 5B SS.. same price as a cheap O till the end of the month,
Old 07-20-2009, 08:52 PM
SAVAGEJIM

In Canada? I cannot think of any.

In the US? I can think of a couple, but they are total tools and I will not mention them nor will I ever recommend them to anyone here in RCU. One of them came here in RCU and started all sorts of crap, even making another account to poser as a noob. He had a totally weird way of trying to push his stuff on us; all he did is piss us all off, even the clone fans were rubbed the wrong way by this guy.

Really, you should look at the running KM thread and ask those Australian guys where they shop. They know the reputable stores and even though you would have to order internationally, you will be better off if you really want this clone 5B.

Alternatively, as already mentioned, you can buy a used 5B and really, they are very easy to make like brand new. One of the moderators here actually scored a real HPI 5B for $400 USD and even got a couple of electric RCs in the deal too! And to boot, he converted it into a 5T with a Proline 5T upgrade kit and the RC looked like it was fresh out of the box!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:01 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

There must be an echo in here. Worded a bit more eloquently. Thanks Jim.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:22 PM
BuggyChamp

well, i am now thinking that i best just take advantage of this deal at tower and pick up a new SS, the price is damn near the same as the ksrc002 and at least i know i can get product support. i did not know that it was such a PITA to get these KMcars, and i dont like the idea of not being able to contact who i bought the product from..
thanks for the advice
Cale