Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

my 5b vids round two

Old 07-26-2009, 05:59 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 5b vids round two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gRh5_ZejOo have a watch rate enjoy , ask questions , both my 5b's this time. third round will be running 19/55 gears , these are using 18/57
Old 07-26-2009, 06:28 AM
dc2 man
Banned

Default RE: my 5b vids round two

very nice vids man.i am not a baja fan but my god do they look sweet.love the pipes.and trevor simpson motors ripp dont they.man that second one is a bullet.

very nice work there and nice collection.

well done.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:03 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Beautiful machines. Just out of curiosity, why did you do both builds the same?
Old 07-26-2009, 10:41 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Because they are both bad-ass!

I guess he might have in mind to sell one and keep the other. If I could make consistent and precise RCs as these two, I would definitely do that and try to see if I could sell them as my own version I guess. Well, that is if the costs are not to prohibitive; Trevor Simpson engines by themselves are not cheap.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:21 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: cheezer1222

Beautiful machines. Just out of curiosity, why did you do both builds the same?
well because the baja5b with the chrome pipe was going to be a double engine beast build with two trevor simpson engines running esp30.5 cc but then the world economy crash happened and our aussie dollar was worth crap, and i just ended up just making it the same as the other one just out of boredom .

i just recieved my package from DDM with the kill switches and hostile 19/55 gears so ill put them in and see how it goes and do another vid . the day before i did this vid the irridium spark plug in the 5b with the chrome pipe crapped out , and i changed it for some other used plug and that 5b ended up running like crap.

Also that 5b with the chrome pipe is the newest and everything is still tight the bearings dont flow as fast yet , the diff especially is brand new still , alloy diffcases and alloy gearbox still have new grease, im waiting for summer to come i cant wait .

ive been thinking about selling the 5b with the chrome pipe but serously i wouldnt even be making a profit , and i wouldnt even be getting all my money back that i spent on it , unless i get a serious buyer thats willing to pay at least minimum $4,500 .
Old 07-27-2009, 04:05 AM
dc2 man
Banned

you think thats a lot of money to spend my fg beetle with all the builds i have done and the new cad four bolt engine i got from germany recently plus its complete elcon alloy plus two airbrushed shells..costing me prob double that .........

worth it though. look what we have for it.

best of luck with sale.