Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

KM 5B Vs Rovan 5B

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 08:25 AM
xsthomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the KM roller a few years ago,minus the servos and motor. I heard about all the problems with the cheap servos and China motor. Add a new Zen from DDM with mods and my radio, along with other mods. I recently wanted a different look from the Baja. Went with this cage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.JPG
Views:	1196
Size:	722.8 KB
ID:	2207073   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.JPG
Views:	1294
Size:	748.4 KB
ID:	2207074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.JPG
Views:	1123
Size:	693.7 KB
ID:	2207075  
Old 03-26-2017, 12:57 PM
McFlyz

It's funny how so many people go after a car or truck because they hear that the plastic is stronger or the motor is built better. Truth is all manufacturers cut on some part of the vehicle, whether it's on the electronics, plastic, motor or something else they all skimp someplace. They just try to figure out how make it look good but be profitable. Back in the 80's & 90's I would have been skeptical about buying brands that I don't see in my local hobby shop, but today I wouldn't worry. I normally pick one that has a crappy motor and electronics. That's normally what I replace. But if you like aluminum parts then the plastic parts really don't mean much. If I feel it's a good price I don't really care who makes it. Just my 2cents. Marty.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:22 PM
xsthomas

People can buy whatever they like. Its just a hobby. I tend to do my research before buying anything. Not even HPI at there high prices, sells a baja with a Zenoah. they use a China knockoff. I happen to like Zen, I have been using them in boats for 15 or so years. Good motors. They're are owned by Husqvarna, cant go wrong there. Can get parts down the road. Just buy what you like.