Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Need Help Locating 48T Steel Replacement Spur Gear for FG MT5 2-Speed Transmission!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Need Help Locating 48T Steel Replacement Spur Gear for FG MT5 2-Speed Transmission!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:35 PM
avconslt
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Locating 48T Steel Replacement Spur Gear for FG MT5 2-Speed Transmission!

Hi Guys,

My son and I need some help in locating a 48T steel replacement spur gear for my FG MT5 Monster Truck! This weekend we just smooth stripped out the plastic high side gears coming off a small jump! I have the CY 29cc motor with a Jetro tuned pipe and I think it just has too much torque for the plastic gears! I have located the 16T and 18T pinion gears and the 46T spur gear, but have not been able to locate the 48T spur gear for the FG 2-Speed transmission #7451 (Was originally looking for a 44T steel spur gear, but was advised to go with a different set of gears!)! I would consider a new or used set of steel replacement gears or just a new or used 48T steel spur gear! I would sure appreciate any help you guys might be able to give us in locating this spur gear or set of steel gears! Thanks.

Richard
Old 08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Need Help Locating 48T Steel Replacement Spur Gear for FG MT5 2-Speed Transmission!

Have you hit up Large Scale RC? They carry CAT% MFG gears, all steel, and those are great
http://www.largescalerc.com/index.as...TS&Category=66

I am not sure if there are any steel 44T gears, I have only seen 46T ones. But maybe in Europe, they might have some steel 44T for FGs.
Check out Hobbythek and thumb through their pages
http://www.rc-car-online.de/htstarteng.htm
Old 08-10-2009, 07:15 PM
avconslt

Default RE: Need Help Locating 48T Steel Replacement Spur Gear for FG MT5 2-Speed Transmission!

Savage Jim,

Thank you for the response! However, I did try largescalerc.com and bigboytoysandhobbies.com also, with no luck!

Richard
Old 08-10-2009, 07:25 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Sorry I couldndt give you a definitive location, I thumbed through other sites as well and the smallest spur gear I could find for FGs are 46 steel.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:55 PM
avconslt

Thanks guys for your suggestions! By the way I live in Houston, Texas! I did try Big Boy Toys and Hobbies and they were out of stock also. I have located and bought the three other gears, an 18T steel pinion gear (#6432/01), a 16T pinion gear (#6431) and a CAT5 46T steel spur gear that is supposed to work on the 2-speed transmission, according to both Large Scale RC and Big Boy Toys and Hobbies! Apparently the company that used to make the 44T spur gear for the 2-speed tranmission was Crazy Nuts Racing out of California, but they quit making them about two years ago. So, I have been advised to go with a different set of gears, so maybe someone that might know where I can get a 48T steel spur gear or might have a used 48T spur gear left over! I will probably have to get the plastic one (#6052/01) and take it to a machine shop and have them make me one out of steel! But that could turn out to be very expensive!! I am still hoping for someone here to be able to lead me to one!

Richard
Old 08-11-2009, 07:26 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I remember Crazy Nut Racing, I always had my eye on them even while I was saving hard to buy my first 5th scale. I never knew they made a steel 44T spur; I'm actually disappointed I never saw them [:@]

Ow well. I think I will try to build a speed machine one day like those Florida guys, a 44T spur with high tooth count pinion will be a good first step in that direction. I think I will look for a Marder, probably used, because I'm in the midst of saving up for an Elcon.

I think I can upgrade a Marder and slap on a 44T spur and to get a good gearing to reach 60MPH (hopefully more). This spur coupled to a 26T pinion on the high gear might get a good top speed.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:13 PM
killermolly
My Feedback: (25)

is this it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86968.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1254638  
Old 08-11-2009, 09:15 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Yeah, did you just get that or are you teasing me and in reality yuou had that from when they used to make those?
Old 08-11-2009, 09:18 PM
killermolly
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Yeah, did you just get that or are you teasing me and in reality yuou had that from when they used to make those?
I got it from MMR when they sold CNR It's new new new
Old 08-11-2009, 10:07 PM
avconslt

Fernando,

I sent you a PM! Also, check your email! I will take it! How much? Send me your PayPal email address with the price! Thanks.

Richard