Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG on grass and gravel

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 01:38 PM
waqr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG on grass and gravel

Today I have had a blast with my FG. I was out for about three hours. Here is a video of my day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSfi5YAtAwo
Old 08-15-2009, 02:45 PM
dc2 man
Banned

Default RE: FG on grass and gravel

man thats an awesome video.....

looks like you had a great time.i like your drifting on the gravel.some nice driving there.and good area too.truck is looking good man.

one thing,are you running a little lean,the motor sounds to be reving dangerously high...or maybe its just me......

great work man....
Old 08-15-2009, 02:51 PM
waqr

Thanks Maybe you are right, I still haven`t found the proper needle settings on the new carb. The high end needle is about 1,5 turns out so that is pretty much stock setting. I have used this setting for a few tanks now and the engine seems to go pretty good like this. But maybe I will richen it just a tad to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the tip dc2man
Old 08-15-2009, 03:11 PM
dc2 man
Banned

which carb is this again is it the wt 711?

i think you mentioned that before cause i used the same in my old o neills kit and man its powerful,your truck is damm fast now waqr.....

how do you like the o neills kit now?

the 711 should perform excellent with that motor.

it just sounded on the lean side to me but maybe im wrong.........either way does it matter as its going like a clock.

whats your oil ratio,how many mills to 5liters of fuel??
Old 08-15-2009, 03:18 PM
waqr

Yes, it is the WT-771. I love the performance of the carb, especially in the middle-high rev range. One thing though, lately I have had problems starting the engine when it is cold. In the beginning this was not an issue. Do you have any tip on how to get the fuel to the engine without the choke (I usually prime a few times and blip the throttle)

Regarding the Oneill kit, it is great. No problems at all so far. Great power all around

I use 200ml of oil for 5 litres of fuel = 4%. I know that you probably can use less oil but I like to be on the safe side. What oil mix do you have in your CAD engine now?
Old 08-15-2009, 03:36 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Have you tried an 813 carb? That one has a very nice low end operation and can even be started cold without choke.

I tried it the other day and yes, it actually fired up with no choke at all.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:48 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hey sj i have that carb and im not trying to sound smart here but the way that works is they just removed choke shaft....the piece that you grab on the outside just to turn on choke and the choke butterfly is smaller but on this carb now the whole lot is operated by the throttle position,when your servo is in closed position throttle shaft in carb is closed so acting as choke when engine is cold.....then when you blip throttle it opens............they say it is chokelss but effectivly it isnt lol......i have stripped mine down just to look at it [yes im that curious at times lol]

waqr man the carb setting are prob off a little,maybe as i said if you are too lean man it will affect start up........try a slightly richer mix and i bet no problems in the morning,i dont mean oil i mean a richer needle l/&h setting maybe 1/8th on both....

just my opinion.

p.s i use 200mill to 5 liters in mine syntetic,man we gota mind those motors.....

cheers

Old 08-15-2009, 04:19 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: dc2 man

hey sj i have that carb and im not trying to sound smart here but the way that works is they just removed choke shaft....the piece that you grab on the outside just to turn on choke and the choke butterfly is smaller but on this carb now the whole lot is operated by the throttle position,when your servo is in closed position throttle shaft in carb is closed so acting as choke when engine is cold.....then when you blip throttle it opens............they say it is chokelss but effectivly it isnt lol......i have stripped mine down just to look at it [yes im that curious at times lol]

cheers
No, definitely, thanks for the info! I never disassembled any of my 813's so I didnt even know about thier innards having all this.

Whenever it comes time for me to rebuild or take one apart for maintenance or whatever other reason, I will definitely have a peek at those bits!

Old 08-16-2009, 09:02 PM
TheFgMan01

Well if you fine tune that carb your truck should be alittle faster.. it sound okay to me though. Is it the stock 26cc Zen?? My 26 Zen screams like that as well.. i couldnt tell if you were running a pipe or not though.

Knowing for sure if its too lean, when the motor IS at full rpm its sound like a moped hitting the governer.. kinda hard to explain LOL umm.. like a rev limiter on an actually fullsize car. So that another way of telling, atleast thats what my CY29 did lol