Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Were are you Wizard ?? large scale HELP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Were are you Wizard ?? large scale HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:23 AM
saspee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Were are you Wizard ?? large scale HELP

I am from the San diego area and I am new to this site RCU. I need help. Because of my lack of knowledge in Rc I am not able to fix this and I am at the point of calling my Redcat Mt truck a "piece of crap" So now I am on this site in need of extreme help. I have been told there is some Rc Guru / Genius in the SD area of California that can fix anything, and has like a billion something Rc's. Many people havetold me he does fixes for free. Problem is were do I find him. Another person in theRc field told me heis dead. Is this true? if not does anyone havehis email address or his cell number ??? ASAP please. I am frustrated as hell with my Redcrap. WERE ARE YOUELVENWIZARD ? I am desperate as hell ! help.

Saspee

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88314.gif
Views:	10
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	1268813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88314.gif
Views:	14
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	1268814  
Old 09-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Were are you Wizard ?? large scale HELP

I doubt there is someone like that. Try a hobby shop, or better yet a track but he will not fix everything for free, if HE even exists. What problem are you having? Try going over to ARC Raceway in Temecula and they should help you, or go to a hobby shop.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:34 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's still kicking around here,I see him post from time to time.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:43 AM
saspee

Let me tell you. So excited I was when I got this Redcat truck. I read manuel first, then break in, then ran. It seemed fine the after 3 runs the engine is making some wierd ass sound like it's ready to take a major dump. and now the friggen thing hardly starts. You have to keep pulling the starter rope over and over to get is running. I got blisters now.

What I dont need is some hobby shop charging me an arm and a leg of money that I dont have, when I can get someone like this Wizard dude to fix it for me for free.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:49 AM
redfisher1974

Your expecting someone to fix it for free? Nothing is free my friend,Even if he does not want anything you should still give him something.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:41 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

y dont u reset the carb needles and see what happens.u only have 3 tanks ,thats like break in runs.try to set the carb needles and go from there.u prolly need to lean them a bit since factory settings are mostly on the rich side.
and yes u cant call it a piece of crap yet .since your problem is tuning.that needs skills !
Old 09-05-2009, 02:01 AM
saspee

Omgbadboy, how can my Redcat run fine then all of a sudden after a few tanks the engine goes haywire and turns into a Redcrap. Between those tanks I didn't touch no carb screws. What they loosen them selves ( all of them ) no way Jose. It's an internal engine problem. If I want someone to look at my Redcat I want someone with Pro experience. There's got to be someone out there who's got that Elven's Wizard's number

Saspee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38128.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1268854  
Old 09-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Obeast44

Check for air leaks, exhaust leaks, vapor lock, reset needles to factory specs, check the plug, check the head gasket, clean and oil the air filter, I could go on if need be.......

Also if it has went to crap after a few tanks and you cant fix it, what makes you think Elven wizard will keep fixing for you for free?
Old 09-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Blitzer Fan

If you dont learn how to fix it yourself now your just not going to get the fun out of the hobby in my opinion...or just buy a new engine if you REALLY think its a engine problem..their not that expensive like $200?..badboy was also just making suggestions no need to be sarcastic and say "What they loosen them selves"
Old 09-05-2009, 10:08 AM
saspee

No Sarcasm. Just telling like it is. I just want to run my large scale and put gas and go. That's it. If I can get it fixed then that would be great.

So what should I do get a new engine or have itfixed andget theengine taken apart and replace probably a 5dollar part.Not rocket science here. I dont want also a amatuer fixing it, I want the best.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:27 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Those engines are pretty basic. Use common sense and follow the above suggestions 1st. No need to spend money at this point. Just check all the basics and go from there. One step at a time is best , so as not to get lost. There's plenty of good help from the guys here.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:12 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: saspee

Omg badboy, how can my Redcat run fine then all of a sudden after a few tanks the engine goes haywire and turns into a Redcrap. Between those tanks I didn't touch no carb screws. What they loosen them selves ( all of them ) no way Jose. It's an internal engine problem. If I want someone to look at my Redcat I want someone with Pro experience. There's got to be someone out there who's got that Elven's Wizard's number

Saspee
It is possible that from running around, when jumping and all, the needles could have been jostled around and knocked out of tune. This is one reason why it might be too rich now. So resetting the needles is definitely a first step here.

Also, do some other things that are a maintenance must (every RC needs these done):

* As already mentioned, check you plug. With all the pulling and yanking you did on the engine to try to start it, I can guarantee you fouled them. The reason why is during start-up, the engine is spewing the most fuel in relation to air (the choke is on, thus you have a richer situation). Pulling and pulling and pulling but no start or the engine wont stay started will rich-foul plugs like nobody's business.
Go to you local automotive store and order as many plugs for your RC you can get. If you RC uses NGK CMR7H plugs, you can get those damn cheap at auto stores; they cost easily less than $5 each, and that is less than a single nitro plug! Trust me, I strongly bet your plug is rich-fouled from trying to start it but it wont stay started.
The reason why an engine that starts up properly does not rich-foul is because once the engine finally fires up and statys started, it burns off that excess fuel off the plug and that keeps the plug in proper condition.

* Remove the air filter foam; clean it and re-oil it with air filter oil.

* Inspect the fuel lines: If they have any tears or when fuel is passing through them, if gas is dripping from them, you punctured them some how (maybe rocks got to them). Replace them.

* Make sure you are using the Correct gas-lube ratio. For now, since you only have 3 tanks, use a 25:1 gas to lube ratio. Always use 2-stroke oil, not motor oil you put into your full sized car.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:16 AM
badboy2

what im saying is, its prolly a tuning problem..if u think its not the carb check the gaskets..it can be the head gasket thats causing a leak.did u try changing the spark plug?check the gas cap see if theres some blockage on the pinhole...start from this basics and hopefully youll find it out!even if theyre gas engines they need tuning too.and u prolly flooded it also.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Chris_RC

You said you havent touched the needles yet, why havent you? These motors require tuning ya know? Thats the way engines are, they run fine then all of a sudden they run like crap.

Okay, say I was this magical wizard guy who has a gizzilian rc's. Why would I want to work on a cheap Chinese Redcat model and spend hours working on it when I have much better things to do. It is probably just a small problem.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:21 AM
badboy2

chris are u the wizard hes been lookin for? hehehe
Old 09-05-2009, 11:35 AM
SAVAGEJIM

We all are the wizard he is looking for. In reality, he does not need just that guy, there are many of us here who can help him.

He is fairly new and what he needs is the know-how of maintaining RCs.

saspee, RCs are much more hands-on than a weed-eater, chainsaw, or leaf blower. As you run around, everything shakes, vibrates, and gets knocked around so you have to do a bit of hands-on tinkering to put everything back to the way it was. That means re-tightening screws, nuts, and bolts, tuning the re-tuning the carb when the engine begins to run like crap, periodically cleaning the air filter, replacing gears when they get stripped from rocks, etc.

We will all help you out here, feel free to ask whenever you cant get something corrected.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Chris_RC

I bet I could do whatever he needs, but it is probably just a small problem. And it wouldnt be free either! [8D]

Anyway, I found that guy you wanted. PM or email him.......

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?memid=283924&section=profile[/link]
Old 09-05-2009, 12:30 PM
saspee

I think thats the Wizard dude I was told he has big hair, but another said he hasn't been around. Ok so I emptied the gas out and put that AM/PM stuff in. Went to the autostore and got a new spark plug. Still the Redcat is running bad. Is it a stuck valve or something. What ?
Old 09-05-2009, 12:41 PM
dc2 man
Banned

check your airfilter.

you dont need to contact that guy you can get as much help and sound info you need from us here.

ok first i would say have you your mixture right?? whats your oil/fuel mix?

is your carb filling up and taking fuel to bulb completly?? check this

are you running with choke on? if so it wont run check that too,the switch on side of carb like a handle

big needle on carb close it fully with a screw driver and close the low speed needle fully,both are marked l & h then open H 1/ three quater turns open,then open l needle 1 and a half open and let us know how it goes??

dc2
Old 09-05-2009, 12:49 PM
SAVAGEJIM

The next step is to look at some of the other simple stuff:

Check the air filter. If it is saturated with dirt, clean it and reoil it with air filter oil.

Check your fuel lines and make sure they are not punctured. Press the priming bulb on the carb to cycle fuel through them, observe the lines to see if gas is leaking out. If gas drips out or seeps out anywhere, replace the lines; they have a hole in them.

With the engine off, only turn on your radio and RX. Work the trigger back and forth. Make sure the throttle linkages goes forwards and backwards smoothly. If it sticks anywhere at any point, trace down the binding and fix whatever is binding it.

If the above is okay, return your needles to factory setting. Then fire up the engine, let it warm up to operating temps (let it idle for a few min). Then, begin to tune to make it run right. Set your idle catch screw so the engine idles the smoothest. Then begin to tune you low and high needles which should be at factory setting. Since your needles will be at factory, they should be close to where they need to be; you may want to lean a little to get better running.

Here is a vid done by HPI for tuning CY engines. Listen to the sounds of the engine so you know what sound cues to look for in your tuning:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tMUfbQCzI8[/youtube]
Old 09-05-2009, 01:37 PM
mooman007uk

several things, the long aluminum tube that comes off the exhaust can is not your friend...you need to lose that, next the fuel tanks don't vent well, also check the fuel lines are crossed up....the one with the brass clunk on the end needs to be pushed to the bottom of the tank and connects to the bottom carb nipple, the other wants to be 1/2 inch in the tank and goes to the top carb nipple. then watch the vid jim posted...excellent for folks new to gas tuning. Check around the gasket between the crankcase and cylinder for any wet areas cos the gasket might have blown. if you got a strang noise try to isolate it, where is it coming from? if it's inside the engine then you'll have to tear it down...which is very easy...it's a cy engine that redcat use, as do hpi and many others, any chance of taking a quick video with sound to help us pinpoint your problem
Old 09-05-2009, 03:08 PM
saspee

For u all to know about me I work in a office and I dont like to get my fingers dirty. All I know about real cars is put gas and go. And take it to a quickie lube. I dont know jack about mechanic stuff. I cleaned the air filter wearing latex gloves "mind you" and oiled it. I am still getting the same results with this Redcat truck.

In my humble opinion is this the Walmart of trucks ? I got gas cause I thought it would be easier to operate. I have a Losi LST2 from a estate sale and that dont run, What's the problem with that who knows ?

Old 09-05-2009, 03:40 PM
speedypetey61

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

melven-elven is far from a wizard, unless you consider a disturbed lonely fellow with more stories then walt Disney a wizard of bull crap.
I wouldn't be surprised if you are him....
He has done that more then a few times on RCU.

The Wizard..lololol what a joke
Old 09-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Dan M
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: saspee

For u all to know about me I work in a office and I dont like to get my fingers dirty. All I know about real cars is put gas and go. And take it to a quickie lube. I dont know jack about mechanic stuff. I cleaned the air filter wearing latex gloves ''mind you'' and oiled it. I am still getting the same results with this Redcat truck.

In my humble opinion is this the Walmart of trucks ? I got gas cause I thought it would be easier to operate. I have a Losi LST2 from a estate sale and that dont run, What's the problem with that who knows ?

not to be a smartass but just sell the buggy and find another hobby .

there is not and never will be an RC car that does not require you to know it inside out , take it apart , clean it , fix it , tune it , oil it , and understand it , that animal simply doesn't exist .

the only other option is for you to take it somewhere and have it fixed / tuned every few runs , and you already said you don't have the money to do that .

not one hobby person on earth will be willing to do for you what you could do for yourself with just a little effort and time (not more then once , and damn sure not for free)

the electric cars are no different , in fact sometimes they can be harder to understand , they are however a bit cleaner (sometimes)

regards

Dan
Old 09-05-2009, 03:59 PM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: speedypetey61

melven-elven is far from a wizard, unless you consider a disturbed lonely fellow with more stories then walt Disney a wizard of bull crap.
I wouldn't be surprised if you are him....
He has done that more then a few times on RCU.

The Wizard..lololol what a joke
I was thinking the same thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.