Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

my hostile bajafest pix!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 10:30 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my hostile bajafest pix!!

I watch most of the live feed and think every one got there money back in give away parts and this is not counting all the fun they had.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:33 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

rob if its only easy to prepare something like this ,you have to do this quarterly heheheh..
Old 09-27-2009, 05:40 PM
looker2756

ORIGINAL: badboy2

this bajafest was actually held at hostile racing products owners backyard..which is 40acres!!idk what kind of support hpi gives but i know rob from hostile and his crew spent time working on the tracks..john schultz was there with hpi guys tho..it was a great weekend..savagejim largescalerc ran 4wd after running the bajas ..they have their own mains and qualifying too..i think they ran mcd and redcat im pretty sure theres fg in the mix..theres 5 or 6 of them..
There were no FG's in the 4x4 races. It was all MCD's with 1 Redcat. I wish I could get the results of that race, as I still don't know where I finished.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:51 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Hostile, I must say THANK YOU too for also making such an effort on your own accord.
Events like these are what further the hobby and in a healthy, proper, and ethical way.

Definitely two thumbs up from me [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-27-2009, 05:57 PM
dc2 man
Banned

ORIGINAL: 46u

Does FG put on any events like this in the US? LOL Just had to say that Savagejim.
yah but what your not realising is FG are the big sponsors on the track around europe 1/5th scale.

hpi are the big boys in america & its in america where all there buisness was catered for with the 5b making huge amounts of fans, thats why they do events like this.

like i say if you were to compare levels of sponsorships between hpi & FG would dominate over and over

Old 09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I would love to see FG sponsored events in the US, at least to get themselves exposed in the US further.

Likewise, I wonder if HPI does much in sponsoring events in Europe? Most everyone there has heard of the 5B and 5T.

I think FG would actually do okay in the US with a little more exposure here. They are afterall an industry standard RC
Old 09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hpi are huge....they first hit of the r/c big with nitro models then when gas r/c cars went big they were in there with the 5b to make there mark and they have.

fg i think myself are huge cause of there impact in the onroad/track racing all around the globe,then the fact that they operate central europe and supply all of there own winning teams sure where could you go wrong..its a big industry...

but like you say they never actually impacted big here in the states did they?

i think that was the first idea behind the fg mt for other markets like america where they originated.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:24 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: looker2756

ORIGINAL: badboy2

this bajafest was actually held at hostile racing products owners backyard..which is 40acres!!idk what kind of support hpi gives but i know rob from hostile and his crew spent time working on the tracks..john schultz was there with hpi guys tho..it was a great weekend..savagejim largescalerc ran 4wd after running the bajas ..they have their own mains and qualifying too..i think they ran mcd and redcat im pretty sure theres fg in the mix..theres 5 or 6 of them..
There were no FG's in the 4x4 races. It was all MCD's with 1 Redcat. I wish I could get the results of that race, as I still don't know where I finished.

thanks for correcting me..next year ill be running my redcat too hehee..
Old 09-28-2009, 02:30 AM
JohnnyGreed

No chicks?? A sport only for men obviously...
Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 AM
looker2756

ORIGINAL: JohnnyGreed

There were at least 2 women running at Bajafest. I got to meet & spend some time with one. Pam & her husband Brad were great people with a love for the hobby like most of us. She did very well & had a great time being part of the R/C community with everyone. There were more wives & G/F's there as support too, but I do know of at least 2 that drove & had great times.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:22 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: JohnnyGreed

Only been in large scale since first of the year but have been racing 1/8 for about 5 years. I have run with 3 or 4 females in that time. No it is not a mans sport only but not many woman seem to be interested in it. I wish more woman would take interest.