Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King motors Baja Owners I need your opinions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King motors Baja Owners I need your opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 12:54 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default King motors Baja Owners I need your opinions

I am seriously considering buying a king motors Baja from Heat Hobbies, The buy it now price for the 23cc version is 500. shipped, and 629. for the 29cc versions.

1rst do they usually go for less if you bid on them.

2nd I would like to hear from owners of both, I have heard the 23cc version the motor fails pretty fast with out a crank bearing upgrade. How about the 29cc version.

Yes I have read many pages on the king motor clone, but direct help would be good.

I will probably run poulan synthetic 2 cycle as that is what I run in all little 2 strokes, weedeaters chainsaws, tiller etc.

The final question? How do I slip something like this past my mother. I pay the rent on time everytime and meet all my bills on time, but the rath of a woman scorned, OUCH!!!! You would think it is her money I am spending and not mine[sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]

Thank you for your help
Old 10-09-2009, 01:17 PM
strtzpmp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King motors Baja Owners I need your opinions

we3ll i dont know about the buggies but im sold on danics km t1000 on ebay 747 and 59 shipping with no problems so for and has 2.4 ghz system all metal gear high torque servos and alot of upgrades in it and i thinkthess pipe onit or some other performance pipe, and its 8 inches bigger than the 5b....whats not to like for that price...its better then the km 5b in the long run.... im just switching the motor to a portedzenoah when i get it and that should be it....maybe just another 500 in arms and toweres/supports lol and you will have the best rc truck i think...my opinion guys.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:55 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my KM Baja from them a couple of weeks ago for 439.00 shipped. I figure that the engine will go bad sooner than later so I have budgeted for an engine upgrade. BTW, you will need to replace the servos and possibly the radio in a short period of time. The differential is my next upgrade and I should be set until I crash into something. BTW, I'm a newbie to 5th scale but the big KM thread has been very helpful.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Johnnysplits

ORIGINAL: silverman1

I am seriously considering buying a king motors Baja from Heat Hobbies, The buy it now price for the 23cc version is 500. shipped, and 629. for the 29cc versions.

1rst do they usually go for less if you bid on them.

2nd I would like to hear from owners of both, I have heard the 23cc version the motor fails pretty fast with out a crank bearing upgrade. How about the 29cc version.

Yes I have read many pages on the king motor clone, but direct help would be good.

I will probably run poulan synthetic 2 cycle as that is what I run in all little 2 strokes, weedeaters chainsaws, tiller etc.

The final question? How do I slip something like this past my mother. I pay the rent on time everytime and meet all my bills on time, but the rath of a woman scorned, OUCH!!!! You would think it is her money I am spending and not mine[sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]

Thank you for your help
I got mine on ebay from heathobby. I won the bid at $426 shipped. Unfortunately, Ihad to paysales tax because im in Florida too. For me, I bought the KM because im gonna upgrade everything. I figured it was a waste to buy an hpi baja for the price that they are.I wouldnt hold out too much hope for the factory engine lasting long...and its certainly not enough power for me. As far as your mom not finding out...can you ship it to your job or a friends house?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Obeast44

If your bills are paid up, and you can afford it. I dont see how she could complain.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:03 AM
strtzpmp

yell her if shes gunna flip if you buy itthen she can buy it instead....still get b*itched at and save $$...plus get a baja lol. if not then let me be woman!!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:55 AM
borley1863

Answer to your mother question... Hacksaw and dustbin liners does the trick!
Guy