Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Mounting tires...

Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 PM
montreal31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting tires...

Just purchased PMT tires and FG on-road rims and just can't get them on?! Is there an easy way to mount the tire on the rims or...I'll go back to buying them pre-mounted in the future...Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mounting tires...

When i do this is first glue the inner foam on the rims,and then put the tires on.There is maybe other ways to do this,but this is how i do it!It takes some manpower to get them on though.Mount them on the rims before you even think of glueing them,and also make sure they seats neatly and nice on,flush with the rim.You dont want to adjust this after you have put on the tire glue!

And yes,i totally agree with buying pre-glued/mounted wheels
Old 12-22-2009, 10:29 PM
montreal31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mounting tires...

Thanks for the info, with that and a fewother suggestions from other forums I'm ready to give it a try (without swearing this time...)