Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WARNING!! - Watch out doing business with Oversize RC in Melbourne, Australia!!

Hey Guys,

Watch out doing any business with Oversize RC in Melborne, Australia!! I placed an order with them on September 7, 2009 for a pair of FS 1/5 scale wheel hubs, which they showed to have in stock! I received confirmation that they had been shipped a couple of days later! They did not tell me how they were being shipped or given a tracking number! After about a month I sent them an email and requested some information about my order, like where in the hell is it! Below is a copy of that request for information concerning my order!
    _____

Flag this messageRe:Monday, October 5, 2009 10:09 PMFrom: "oversizerc.com" Add sender to ContactsTo: "Richard Schoolcraft" hi Richard,
    Ill check the wherabouts of this order, if neccesary i will resend your order out, thanks for your patience,
    Kind Regards,
    The Sales Team
    www.oversizerc.com
    Showroom and Warehouse
    7, 171-173 Cheltenham Rd,
    Dandenong, Melb, Vic
    Australia, Ph 03 9708 5137

- Original Message -
    To: oversizerc@bigpond.com
    Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 9:43 AM

Hey Mates,

I has been about a month since I ordered some parts from you (Order #748143-254742B518EB)! I have also made three inquiries with you about the possible status and whereabouts of my parts! As of today, I have yet to receive the parts or and answer back from you as to the status of my parts! I would really appreciate it if someone there would respond! Thank you!

Richard

_____

Since then I have sent several additional emails inquiring about the whereabouts of my wheel hubs! I have yet to receive any reply from them! So, do not let yourself get caught in the same situation by ordering anything from them! BE FORWARNED!!

Richard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WARNING!! - Watch out doing business with Oversize RC in Melbourne, Australia!!

how much did you pay for the stuff you ordered , have you tried calling them

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WARNING!! - Watch out doing business with Oversize RC in Melbourne, Australia!!

they are well knowen for this auctioncity is the same guys allso

i used to get all my fs parts from here http://www.zerogravityrc.com/ great guys fast shiping only 5 days fron them to me in New Zealand
    owner www.rcinnovations.co.nz

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oversizerc has so many bad feedbacks on this forum its ridiculous.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I only paid $139.00 for the parts! It is not the amount I paid so much as the fact that they do not care that I did not receive the order, if they send it at all!

NEWS FLASH!!

I sent them another email yesterday with a copy of the post I placed here and on Large Scale Forum, and received a reply this morning claiming that they were going to finally resend the order! We will see if they really do!

Richard

sounds like a company that just rips off there customers, there is a place around here that does the samething, but at least i am in driving distance of that hobbyshop,so i was able to walk in and give them hell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes this hobby shop is all over the placewith promises . there prices are all over the place also. ive been told to stay well away from this 2? shops.
    we have even tryed calling them and no one anseres there phone. then you send them a email and thay reply saying thay have the product.
    ive even hear that pople have checked out there so called shop and well it leave somting to be desied.

i beleave thay drop ship items .and dont realy carry a lot of stock. may be some els. can back me up . but i have know of people placing orders and it taking forever to get the items set out . if sent out at all.

well mate i do hope u reseve your parts.. or should i say if thay realy sent out the origanal parts and now sent out more you should reseve to sets....hahha...well we know that will probly not happen......
    apache56(viper/hull),rcmkzenith,tunnelhull(jordo),2xfalconcat,con questcat, zen/rcmk. next i want 67inch off shore cat hull.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oversizerc has so many bad feedbacks on this forum its ridiculous.

Yeah, they seem to be really erratic in terms of customer satisfaction. For everyone who says that they had a good transaction with no regrets, there's someone who feels scammed.
    RCUniverse.com | Wattflyer.com | RCUvideos.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it wouldnt be the first time oversizerc pulled stunts like this on their customers , it sounds like they recieved your order but were too lazy to prepare the order and send it out , but in the end everyone that complained about not getting their orders all ended up recieved them , but recieved them VERY LATE , this is the main reason i dont buy buy cheap chinese rc imports cos then this is the sort of headaches you will get from crap hobby shops such as this , stick with genuine original rc's and genuine hobby shops to avoid this LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I believe the whole issue stems from communication (or lets say a complete lack of customer care). All those who had good experiences, seem to have had 'no' experience. I'm not saying they didn't buy anything of course, what I'm saying is that they ordered, and the stuff came. What more can you ask right? Nothing, of course, that's the ideal way it could go down. But if they had needed to contact the guy for whatever reason, they would seen have been on here just like everyone else.

It's amazing how long someone will wait as long as they have reasonable communication.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

it wouldnt be the first time oversizerc pulled stunts like this on their customers , it sounds like they recieved your order but were too lazy to prepare the order and send it out , but in the end everyone that complained about not getting their orders all ended up recieved them , but recieved them VERY LATE , this is the main reason i dont buy buy cheap chinese rc imports cos then this is the sort of headaches you will get from crap hobby shops such as this , stick with genuine original rc's and genuine hobby shops to avoid this LOL
    I don't see what Chinese products have to do with one Australian importer that can't seem to keep his customers happy.

It's time we start changing our idea that all Chinese companies are cheap and copiers. They are not. Be careful how you use the word 'Chinese', lest you are considered racist. Lets not forget one of the best companies in this hobby (Thunder Tiger, makes HPI look pitiful), is Chinese through and through, and has made wholesale improvements to the previously US firm Team Associated after their acquisition. Where you come from has no bearing on how you conduct business.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[sm=devious.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for editing the above.

China DOES mean cheapness, in general, that's what the Chinese strength is. Large manufacturing facilities, low cost production. What we need to get away from, is the assumption that Chinese ONLY means cheap, when it can mean quality as well. spl's post would be just right if he had substituted the word Chinese with 'cheap cloners', and I'm sure that's what he meant, I do not believe him to be racist at all, I was simply saying to be careful in case someone would BELIEVE that he was. It's just symantics.

For any Chinese company, it's a case of how you deal with the product, the distribution and the marketing. Nobody would deny that KM is making cheap copies, but you can't accuse Thunder Tiger or Nutech of that (amongst others). Both of those firms are producing their best work (not their cheapest).

It is the fault of the importers who see an opportunity to make a quick buck, provide no service or support, and spam forums with the cheapest kind of marketing there is, taking a lot of money quickly and disappointing a lot of hobbyists. Subsequently, the Chinese models get the bad name. Again this may not be right, but it is natural. It will take many years (if ever) for China to shake this reputation amongst the less sceptical.

If the Chinese companies want to do something about this, they need to select their trading partners more carefully, rather than selling to the guy who says he will take the most units. In this respect, the Chinese companies do have to share some of the blame. You can't select an importer with a bad reputation, then cry when your name is dragged through the mud. It cuts both ways.

EDIT: Case in point I heard recently from another hobbyist... He was looking in the UK to buy a Nutech. He found an online retailer (in the UK) claiming to have Nutech stock (I have checked with Nutech and this company has not bought anything, ever). The potential customer phoned this outfit, and asked for the Nutech. He was told 'Oh, no, we don't actually have those, you should buy a KM Baja, it's much better than Nutech.', of course the conversation ended there as the person concerned was experienced enough to know when he was being bare-faced lied to, but how many dishonest traders are fleecing inexperienced hobbyists this way? It boils my blood, I tell ya.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There are not any government agencies in Australia to fill a complaint with?
    Rebel Racing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah as some of you know I had a running wiht these guys.
    As soon as I threatened to take things further I got my order.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

Whether these guys are in the business of ripping people off or they're just lazy/unorganised, everyone needs to know not to deal with them.
    It's heartbreaking to send your money to someone in good faith over the net and not hear anything about your order for months and months.

Hope you get your stuff.

If it ain\'\'t broke..... pull it apart anyway!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes thats what i ment to say
    ORIGINAL: Foxy

Thanks, but I don't think my post needed reiterating, nor are the fighting smileys helping.

China DOES mean cheapness, in general, that's what the Chinese strength is. Large manufacturing facilities, low cost production. What we need to get away from, is the assumption that Chinese ONLY means cheap, when it can mean quality as well. spl's post would be just right if he had substituted the word Chinese with 'cheap cloners', and I'm sure that's what he meant, I do not believe him to be racist at all, I was simply saying to be careful in case someone would BELIEVE that he was. It's just symantics.

For any Chinese company, it's a case of how you deal with the product, the distribution and the marketing. Nobody would deny that KM is making cheap copies, but you can't accuse Thunder Tiger or Nutech of that (amongst others). Both of those firms are producing their best work (not their cheapest).

It is the fault of the importers who see an opportunity to make a quick buck, provide no service or support, and spam forums with the cheapest kind of marketing there is, taking a lot of money quickly and disappointing a lot of hobbyists. Subsequently, the Chinese models get the bad name. Again this may not be right, but it is natural. It will take many years (if ever) for China to shake this reputation amongst the less sceptical.

If the Chinese companies want to do something about this, they need to select their trading partners more carefully, rather than selling to the guy who says he will take the most units. In this respect, the Chinese companies do have to share some of the blame. You can't select an importer with a bad reputation, then cry when your name is dragged through the mud. It cuts both ways.

EDIT: Case in point I heard recently from another hobbyist... He was looking in the UK to buy a Nutech. He found an online retailer (in the UK) claiming to have Nutech stock (I have checked with Nutech and this company has not bought anything, ever). The potential customer phoned this outfit, and asked for the Nutech. He was told 'Oh, no, we don't actually have those, you should buy a KM Baja, it's much better than Nutech.', of course the conversation ended there as the person concerned was experienced enough to know when he was being bare-faced lied to, but how many dishonest traders are fleecing inexperienced hobbyists this way? It boils my blood, I tell ya.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you have complaints with some less than user friendly company/distributor in Australia then the best place to report them is Department of Fair Trading. There's a few websites depending on the State the company you are dealing with is located. Just Google (or Bing) Department of Fair Trading and you'll find them

Example for the NSW one is:

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Ab...complaint.html

Why bark yourself if you have a dog.

Yell in their ear with all the details you can give them and let them hunt the relevant party down. A few complaints about a rip-off company/dealer and they get closed down.

http://quarterscalespeedway.com/

For all the Quarter Scale Car photos you'll ever want to see.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Guys,

Guess what showed up today? Thats right, my FS MT alloy wheel hubs! It only took 3 1/2 months to get them, but get them I finally did! They also sent me a set of upper and lower arms for nothing, as a peace offering or just to be nice I guess! I guess perseverence does pay off! I would still be a little careful when ordering things from them! These hubs came over in just a few days by UPS with a tracking number this time!

Richard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

shouldnt have to yell and scream to get customer service. thats not right. i drive past there shop quite often and have been in there a couple of times....
    there track record is not great but unfortunatley in good ole auzzie "cant be bothered" attitude, nothing will be done about it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol mate yeah here in melb the postal service is shocking man , i order something from the city which is about 20 minutes drive and back with the traffic , and it takes them bloody over a week to send it by post to my door man , i can order something from DDM all the way over from USA from the other side of the world and it will get here in 4 days faster than it takes for australia post to send something locally

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

haha...Those jokers are still pulling the same ****e....Last time I ordered from them it was when the FS gears were first available in steel... took 2 months to get to me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol the australia post has gone on strike now and im still waiting for my order 2 weeks later .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They're not striking any more, and apparently the 2 days they were on strike didn't affect the mail delivery anyway.

If it ain\'\'t broke..... pull it apart anyway!