Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Moo's new Nutech NMT

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Moo's new Nutech NMT

got my pipe and motor yesterday

the 5b propipe just about fits like a glove...a tad tight at the rear but by turning one rear cage screw round it'll give enough clearance...quick bit of fabbing at the front with some 4130 replacing the front cage cross bar and a strut from that on each side to the shock tower and weld on a mount tab... easy peasy. i'll try it first with the 26 then throw in the OBR full mod 27.2 to see how the nuey handles some big hp

it fits under the MT body with 1/4" clearance but for the tb2 half the body would have to be cut off

Old 12-15-2009, 01:48 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moo: Like we talked before..The 27.2cc & vicroty pipe is the perfact combo for this truck...
In my opinion the 30.5cc is too much engine......you will have a very fast truck with the 27.2cc combo and be able
to control it with great fun of driving it.....So keep me informed on what goes on my friend...Slawhammer
Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 PM
clubin

WOW , Moo, that fits great, and looks good too.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:08 AM
mradlin

The pipe looks like it fits quite well Moo!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Nutech Racing

Goog pipe[8D] can't wait to see the video
Old 12-17-2009, 11:37 PM
mooman007uk

so started thinking about how to mount the sausage pipe as it's come be known...named by chris at nutech, and after a bit of indecision, spare time and enough4130 laying around I thought I'd build abit of a cage...the front will come when my next order arrives from aircraft spruce but here it is so far

Old 12-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Nutech Racing

Looks nice .
Old 12-19-2009, 03:27 PM
mradlin

I think the biggest question Moo, is how many Stella's went into the design and production of the cage? LOL
Old 12-19-2009, 04:01 PM
dc2 man
Banned

moo nice

what kind of filter is that? is it nutech? looks good....

i think im having a little bit of walbro 813 trouble

first time.......me and slaw are trying to figure it out on my thread here,could you chime in if you have any further info to add?
slaw was telling me you had trouble from yours recently also

thanks moo,im not used to the 813
Old 12-19-2009, 07:19 PM
mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: mradlin

I think the biggest question Moo, is how many Stella's went into the design and production of the cage? LOL

quite a few and had too many last night so didn't finish painting it til this morning..so all mounted, pipe on with the stock CY 26 and took it out for a rip[sm=eek.gif] pit was requiring Noah to get me to the good part so just ponced around for 20mins or so, managed to get a a couple mins vid of how this pipe goes before the camera batt dies...some idiot forgot to check it before they went out

looks better used

so with the stock motor and this pipe i reckon the NMT has more than enough power, maybe a race ported top end and some ceramics to get the most out of the pipe as it was meant for modded engines...bottom end is awesome and it just wants to keep revving but the 26 ran out of legs

[link]http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/mooman007uk/?action=view&current=MOV01019.flv[/link]

it's an hpi filter with an angled shredhead filter manifold
Old 12-19-2009, 08:48 PM
bentley marshall

that looks like it gos well moo
Old 12-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Nutech Racing

nice video.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:58 PM
pwaicon

It really moves with that pipe. I am looking forward to seeing it with your 4 bolt in there, it is going to be scary fast. [X(]
Old 12-20-2009, 06:09 PM
clubin

Moo, one thing i'd be very curious to see is what hapens when you install some 3000 or 5000 in the centre diff. Great vid.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:28 PM
roninx

I wonder if that pipe would work on this "Nutech Rally" when it comes out

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x...rent=_0004.flv
Old 12-20-2009, 06:37 PM
clubin

Well, Moo beats his models, but i think the guys at NuTech are harder on their stuff. lol Full throttle landings WOHOO! If they are selling it must be good. That video rules.

All that came to my mind when I seen that video is drive it like you stole it. ROFL
Old 12-20-2009, 08:28 PM
rckiwi

Great vid Moo, I also see you are into recycling (blue milk bottle tops)
Old 12-20-2009, 11:59 PM
mooman007uk

clubin I got 120000 in the centre right now and it's working real good for me... allows enough slip on throttle on landings but delivers equal fr/rear when you give it throttle

roninx , the pipe will fit the rally...now I got the 27.2 in it fits even better as the zen exhaust port is 2mm shorter so clearance at the back is perfect...this pipe was made for the nutech i swear...absolute perfect fit
Old 12-21-2009, 04:25 PM
x Wild Bill x

I have a few questions/suggestions here. You say that they are in pre-production still and I am guessing that is why I can't find them anywhere online. Do you have any idea of when Nutech plans on releasing them and if maybe they will have a list of US Distributors?

Also, the truck appears so far from your videos/tear down and overall statement to be very durable, yet light and agile and I would hate to see such a good product fail due to a poor information/sales page on their website. Just something I have noticed in that companies such as HPI have a very good website, with many pictures showing all kinds of angles of their vehicles and parts as well as action shots, not only that but it is put together very well. Am I expecting the same thing from Nutech? No. But when I go to their site and click on 1/5 vehicles I would like it to take me to their 1/5th vehicles, instead it does nothing and I have to circumnavigate the page to find what I want. Also, once there they have very poor descriptions/details and overall explanations of all their products. Once again, I understand that this is pre-production and they are a new company. But, I feel that if they invested minimal money in a better website that has good pictures of their products, the parts that are in them and what kind of R&D they put in they would sell many, many more models. When I see a website that doesn't really fully disclose a model, I feel that they have something to hide almost or do not want people to know how cheap that model is, not the case here. Also, when I go to a web page I would like to see a detailed description so I know what I am spending $1,000+ dollars on. Sorry for the rant, I just feel that Nutech as a company could stand to better by leaps and bounds with a quality website. I wish I could do web design as I would do it for them for free, just so I could see their new products take off.

Until then, I anticipate the release of the new product and will try to save up until I can purchase one. But I will make sure there are dealers with spare parts and accessories before spending my hard earned cash and I feel many others will do the same.

Thanks for reading all of this haha,

Bill
Old 12-21-2009, 04:35 PM
roninx

Here is a US Distributor,he as 2 in stock

http://www.nutech-racing.com/EN/1000298.html
Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: x Wild Bill x

I have a few questions/suggestions here. You say that they are in pre-production still and I am guessing that is why I can't find them anywhere online. Do you have any idea of when Nutech plans on releasing them and if maybe they will have a list of US Distributors?

Also, the truck appears so far from your videos/tear down and overall statement to be very durable, yet light and agile and I would hate to see such a good product fail due to a poor information/sales page on their website. Just something I have noticed in that companies such as HPI have a very good website, with many pictures showing all kinds of angles of their vehicles and parts as well as action shots, not only that but it is put together very well. Am I expecting the same thing from Nutech? No. But when I go to their site and click on 1/5 vehicles I would like it to take me to their 1/5th vehicles, instead it does nothing and I have to circumnavigate the page to find what I want. Also, once there they have very poor descriptions/details and overall explanations of all their products. Once again, I understand that this is pre-production and they are a new company. But, I feel that if they invested minimal money in a better website that has good pictures of their products, the parts that are in them and what kind of R&D they put in they would sell many, many more models. When I see a website that doesn't really fully disclose a model, I feel that they have something to hide almost or do not want people to know how cheap that model is, not the case here. Also, when I go to a web page I would like to see a detailed description so I know what I am spending $1,000+ dollars on. Sorry for the rant, I just feel that Nutech as a company could stand to better by leaps and bounds with a quality website. I wish I could do web design as I would do it for them for free, just so I could see their new products take off.

Until then, I anticipate the release of the new product and will try to save up until I can purchase one. But I will make sure there are dealers with spare parts and accessories before spending my hard earned cash and I feel many others will do the same.

Thanks for reading all of this haha,

Bill

very valid points I will forward this on to chris the owner of nutech

roninx...willy is taking backorders no MMT's are available yet and are not as far as I know in stock there... and he's only a dealer not a distributer...only distributer currently in N.America is Vancouver hobbies here in Canada
Old 12-22-2009, 12:44 PM
x Wild Bill x

Cool, I appreciate that and seeing that they are trying very hard as a new company to address all these issues is very re-assuring. I also find it very commendable that you are taking the time to post not only your positive review of their products on many different boards, but also how they are going through this much testing before releasing the final version. Allowing potential customers to see this should give the buyer confidence in the product as well as the company and the fact that they are truly committed to their products and customers and are not out to just make and sell an RC car for a quick buck...

Bill

P.S. I hope they are done and out by Fall of 2010 when my GF starts her masters schooling, I can purchase one to "take my mind off it" haha, good excuse for me :-)
Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 PM
mooman007uk

I believe they'll be out by end of Jan depending on how the new improved parts we're waiting on perform...only a couple of minor issues to be resolved and if they're AOK then they'll be ready to go
I got my new obr full mod 27.2 in now with the sausage vrc side propipe, 813, ada manifold and laut 4 shoe clutch so will be testing the stock drivetrain with at least 7hp...also got upgrade parts on the way like alloy diff housings to throw in ready to test with this beastie combo...stock this truck is very quick as seen in the vids..with this new motor/pipe it'll be overkill, i like big power but don't think I need this much[&:].

Now certain detractors will say but it should handle all this power in stock setup...i tend to disagree as it doesn't need any more ooomph..maybe just the pipe and it's handled that with no problems, stock motor and stuffed can outperformed my totally souped rampMT with a obr ported 30.5, 813, ada manifold ,vrc propipe and laut 4 shoe clutch...so as with fg , hpi, mcd etc when you upgrade power you expect to have to upgrade parts along with it..please correct me if I'm wrong here.. big bonus though is nutech ( a la FG, mcd) have all the upgrade parts available already that'll be needed if this HP set up proves too much...so far the diffs cups have been fine, the slots have been prone to wear but they are currently being addressed and tested in house, new material, heat treatment and supplier and i expect the latest version to test by the new year... the pins and shafts seem more than tough enough, they handle full throttle landings with no problem without any issues...hooray for centre diffs eh...was never a big fan but with 120000 in it I've noticed no difference to a spool setup but it still allows part saving slip when needed..now i admit I'm a big, big fan of the centre diff....so saying all that i'm not making any excuses here...just spelling it out as i see it.
The only weak points i see are the plastic diff housings that are in my truck...and yet again this has already been addressed with new formula plastic and thicker walls by nutech so these will be coming to me with all the other improvements as well for testing...lots of wrenching coming up.

thursday looks to be d day for the MT as it stands...totally stock drivetrain + huge power increase (more than double) so we'll see what the MK1 preproduction sample can really take, then in a week or so we'll see what MK2 pre pro can take then after that the upgrades will go in.... as always I'll bash the bejesus out of it, get vid and be totally honest with what i find...I'm totally looking forward to the next couple of weeks
Old 12-23-2009, 10:24 AM
x Wild Bill x

Sweet, I hope you get some good video of the MT with the full mod 27 in it! And I totally agree with you on the more power = broken parts thing. Happens all the time with full size cars, like stupid GM with the 10 bolt in my Camaro haha. But now you have really confused me, you mention tests of the MK1? Is this the standard MT and then the MK2? Is this going to be the pro version, just can't figure out what the MK means lol. Can't wait for the vid. One more question, since you regularly talk to the mfg. do you think there will be any different wheel/tire combination's or any bodies that they produce specifically for the truck?

Thanks,
Bill
Old 12-23-2009, 02:41 PM
roccos_van
My Feedback: (1)

Bill nutech has baja wheel adapters so you can run all the factory and aftermarket baja wheel and tire combos on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.