Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Moo's new Nutech NMT

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 07:26 PM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Moo's new Nutech NMT

Bill I'm refering to MK1 as the preproduction model...it's the first version, the MK2 will be the production version (but I guess will really be the MK1...now I'm confusing myself lol)...the pro all aluminum will be coming at a later date. All fg and MCD wheels fit and there should be a few more option buggy tires coming from nutech...there are a couple of new body styles on the go too....the sandstorm body which looks like the desert rat bod has been retrimmed to fit the MT and as soon as I'm allowed i'll list the others that are being worked on...have to be careful because copyright from automakers has to be sorted first i suppose

Production of the MT will be starting 7-10 Jan I've been informed today...I've a list of all the improvement/modifications that have been done for the production version in direct response to testers findings and will post those up tonight...delivery for the new MT should be for the end of January so if you want one get your orders in...
Old 12-23-2009, 09:21 PM
roccos_van
My Feedback: (1)

Julian I am really pumped to see a vid of your ONB and the VRC pipe on the MT. Tell us when you are going to make one!
Old 12-24-2009, 09:33 PM
mooman007uk

so here's 8mins of the nutech MT with my 27.2 OBR full mod 4 bolt zen, 813 carb, ada mwent out today for a run...running rich on new motor but holy cow it's crazy power already...once this is loosened up and dialled in it'll be insane...
So I have to admit I was wrong on 2 counts...one I thought this would be overkill...nah you can never have too much power and 2 thought i'd be carrying my MT back to my pick up for the first time cos the diff housings would fail,,,nope...everything is fine...drove it back to the truck yet again!!! I have to say this truck is damn near indestructable...best rc i have ever owned and only costs a 1000 bucks...I can't break it...yet...but I'm trying...only thing that went bad when i inspected it after an hour of running was 1. diff cup slot wear in rear cups...as i've said though this has been addressed already and am waiting for parts...2. front shock tower bent...same thing already fixed with better alu and heat treatment 3. steering link bent and a link screw snapped and also been improved...better alu for link and grade 8 screws...that's it. oh and dogbones popped out twice on one wheel landings but factory has put small orings in the cups to stop this...it was also my fault as i took a bit of camber out the front to try and it allowed to much play...the diff cups slide to take care of this but with thick (50000wt) oil they tend to stick so stronger internal springs are to be fitted to production models...can't fault nutech...every issue has been addressed from testers findings...also batt box will now have an oring and 4 screws to seal it to make it watertight, diff case plastic is harder and walls are thicker 9though my main concern i had no problem with these)anifold, shredhead airfilter mani and vrc propipe...too lazy to edit it so grab a beer and enjoy...1 more tank like this and i'll tune it...I can't bloody wait

[link]http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/mooman007uk/?action=view&current=MOV01056.flv[/link]
Old 12-24-2009, 09:44 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MOO:...Now you know what I am talking about....with that engine & victory pipe...
Like I said perfact match....when you get it broken in..It will be a screamer.........
I love that combo ...I my self use only a victory pipe with the engine...I will use only that pipe...
Let me know more on this set up later on.....Slawhammer
Old 12-24-2009, 09:57 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome video Moo! Great running vehicle.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:26 AM
osnitro

Moo,

First the Ramp and now the Nutech; keep up the good work and thanks for helping the hobby.

Great vid, some more jumps for the Nutech it looks like it can take it.

Also are you working on the gear noise or?

BRC
Old 12-25-2009, 03:19 PM
mooman007uk

Gear noise is normal, the primaries ring cos of the steel hardness i guess, they mesh perfectly and have no sign of wear so just a trait one has to live with...at least you know when they stop making a noise you'll have a problem, can hardly hear it now with the pipe anyways.

going to take a shovel next time to that pit to add some to the jumps to get more air...it jumps real well and better since the pipe and cage went on...cage is 12oz heavier than the plastic one and pipe is 9oz heavier than the can and has made a noticable difference.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:22 PM
dc2 man
Banned

thats a sweet video

and man that 4bolt onb sounds like a screamer...
Old 12-26-2009, 12:57 AM
osnitro

Sweet, it look like it jumps well from the vid.

Also sweet work on the cage looks awesome; is that cage going to be a hop up option?

BRC
Old 12-26-2009, 12:52 PM
mooman007uk

I'll be working on a cage that follows the stock shape more so can be used on MT and TB2 and that will be an option hopefully by end of Jan, middle of Feb, wasn't going to build them to sell but inteest has been high so changed my mind...just have to make a jig so i can get them all the same, also working on a sweet brace system for the stock plastic cage that'll have the pipe mount for the vrc propipe attached...as a cheaper option than full cage
Old 12-26-2009, 01:48 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moo: Looking good my friend...Make it happen...you be the man ..and you love to create..so others will
be happy with a good product.......Glad you like the engine & pipe combo.....for this rc unit.......
In my opinion..it is the best there is to use...there are other engines..head kits..pipes...to use on the market....
I my self have researched many different engine & pipes for best over all results....Depends on the application
and what a RC Guy wants to do I guess for his Rc Unit...........Hands down..27.2cc race ported & VRC Pipe...
you need no other engine or pipe.......This combo has all a person will ever need.......Slawhammer
Ps: Of course you will have your speed people who just want to keep going faster.....It's not all about the engine....
proper gearing..wheels & tires as well...
Old 12-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Nutech Racing

Nice video, when can see some new videos?
Old 12-26-2009, 08:57 PM
mooman007uk

I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow and now i got a gorilla pod for my camera getting video is easy

Old 12-26-2009, 09:48 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Mooman, nice rig-up to mount your camera on your TX, I am now inspired to attempt the same [sm=thumbup.gif]

As for the pic of yourself, I cannot help to say that I always thought you to be some rather fat fellow. I guess the avatars you choose lead me to believe that; you had Homer Simpson, and now that fat dude from Wallace and Grommet.

Anyway, I'm very impressed to see that the TB2 pro you have put through hell is actually holding up quite remarkably. Your's, Pwaicons, and other member's TB2 Pros that are being tested has convinced me to definitely get one when they hit the market.

Even though it will put back my endeavor to save up for a Cleon, I will postpone the Cleon to get one of these.

Chris, great job on the RC! I do urge you to make a push to get your TB2 into mainsteam US distributors and even into local RC store shelves; these will be a hit. Moreover, I also urge you to continue your development of this RC even after it hits the market for sale. That way, further down in the future, you can have even a TB3 for us with further improvements and innovations!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Obeast44

Damn Moo, your even uglier than me! JK man hehe Nice setup on the camera.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:59 PM
mooman007uk

Thanks Jim..lol ..I'm a lean fellow as you can see OB I need a shave that pretties me up some[&:]

also I've got the standard MT not the tb2 pro...all plastic and yet it has proven to be the toughest rc I've owned or seen first hand...i love it, don't even bother taking any tools anymore (or dogleash) other than screwdriver and plugwrench (during first tanks on this new motor) and have driven it back to my pick up everytime...going out tomorrow hopefully to beat on it some more for another tank or 2

MT will be out end of Jan and Canada and USA now have distributers in place and sure dealers will be lining up for these, tb2 has been out for a few months but the dist/dealer network was not in place.

And have been told today that further improvements will be ongoing for all models, nutech aren't going to just sit back but will continue improvements and working on new models
Old 12-28-2009, 03:03 PM
x Wild Bill x

Nice video, looking good :-)

Bill
Old 12-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Nutech GmbH

Nice video
Old 12-31-2009, 12:48 AM
mooman007uk

2nd tank on the OBR full mod and VRC sausage pipe...still not tuned for max power but getting there..next tank..right at the end of 2nd vid a bolt came out of the rear upper arm and i lost a dogbone..you'll see when it happened..still managed to drive it back to my pick up...still running the preproduction diff cups that have now worn at the spider pin groove (been expecting that as stated in earlier posts but upgrade is already done) that caused a diff lock up and rounded off a couple of teeth on the diff ring gear..so waiting on replacement parts and the tougher upgraded diff housing (postman is a bit behind at the moment..bleedin christmas)...other than that drivetrain and everything else is 100%..front and centre diff are A1 apart from a bit of spider pin wear on the diff housing.again still running the un upgraded original housings.new ones have bigger steel inserts and thicker, tougher plastic..still lots more to come from this motor pipe combo too and with upgraded diff housings i don't see any more issues...diff pins and shafts are perfect, cups still slide...though there is slot wear on the diff cups but again revised parts are on the way....every problem i've encountered and reported has been acted on immeadiately by the factory and revisions are constant...hats off to Nutech..they are not just listening but acting on feedback instantly..never experienced this level of commitment before

[link]http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/mooman007uk/?action=view&current=MOV01073.flv[/link]
[link]http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/mooman007uk/?action=view&current=MOV01074.flv[/link]
Old 01-01-2010, 08:10 PM
kidd

i got bored and modified this pipe on my titan. didn't feel it needed another thread since it'll probably fit the nutech. and lay off my welding skills i don't get enough practice.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Nutech GmbH

Nice job. Jet Pro pipe?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:17 PM
JCBaja

This RC looks amazing. Any word on if it will be offered as a roller? I am strongly considering giving up my baja for one of these after seeing the durability and performance in this review. A roller would be nice as I can just transfer over my engine and electronics.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:24 PM
kidd

yes, it's jetpro.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:47 PM
dc2 man
Banned

nice job...

the jetpro are a very high firebreathing pipe...i love my jetpro v2 pipe on my beetle they are huge and look great if a litle difficult to mount.

great performer.....
Old 01-03-2010, 08:49 PM
mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: congajc

This RC looks amazing. Any word on if it will be offered as a roller? I am strongly considering giving up my baja for one of these after seeing the durability and performance in this review. A roller would be nice as I can just transfer over my engine and electronics.

maybe in time but nothing as yet planned for the rtr...the all alloy pro will be a roller when it's released but will be at least a couple of months yet...however the cy26 in these runs real good with a pipe, if you can't wait for a roller at least you'd have a nice new 26sitting on the shelf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.