Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

rampage mt / fg trucks ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
halls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rampage mt / fg trucks ?

So is the rampage mt a tuff truck or is the fg 4x4 beter i want to get one but not sure which one to get. I read some where that the rampage is eatting up diff cup is that true?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:50 AM
laganm21

Default RE: rampage mt / fg trucks ?

Yes the redcat is a very good truck, and ture they are having a issue with the diff cup as of now but tempering the diff cup to blue\gray will help out. I have broke one diff cup since april 2009 and i have over 5 gallons on the truck, but i am still running the stock 23cc motor, the diff cups become more of a problem when you put 28.5cc and 30.5cc in them, but outher than that issue i have not replace anything on the truck at all. as of all 1/5th scales out there all of them have some flaws in the design , so i cant compare the redcat to a FG because ive never own one, go the FG fourm and ask whats the common problems on there rig, and there is all ready a post on redcat rampage fourm on that subject
Old 12-10-2009, 02:12 PM
roninx

Look at the Nutech you might like the new MT,But FG is a very good, all i have ever owned is FG onroad and offroad.Now im getting Nutech MT
Old 12-10-2009, 10:17 PM
fastlane01

RED CAT! That Nutech is what it is.... New not all bugs worked out yet. The Red Cat Mt is just fine. FG better want to spend some money. If you run in the back yard and jump small jumps you'll be fine. On the other hand if you jump small mountains any of these trucks will break. Don't believe the hype. Red Cat TT is what I have and I couldn't want more.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:59 PM
mooman007uk

bugs aren't worked out yet..true..but not too many to work on, rampage fg and the new kid on the block are all decent rc's ..as fastlane says depends on how you drive them

I'm not too soft on my rc's so check out the videos in this thread of the nu and judge it for yourself, I have both ramp and nutech and owned an fg 2wd baja (not 4wd) but that didn't like my driving stlye very much

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9280740/tm.htm[/link]
Old 12-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Nutech Racing

Rampage no bugs? what a joke. do you have Nutech MT? how can you compare?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:02 AM
roninx

I don't know about the Rampage,but the NUTECH MT looks like its hard to break

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/w...rent=Abuse.flv
Old 12-11-2009, 12:47 AM
mooman007uk

+1 Chris
Old 12-11-2009, 08:41 PM
fastlane01

Moo put a 30.5cc engine and a freekin chrome molly cage on it and then jump the **** out of it. show these people how tough it really is. Point is... they all break when massive power and more weight is added.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:26 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

im liking the nutechs but the ones that 46u and mooman are testing..those are the pro version i think..the regular version looks weak! but who knows..and is it easy to get parts for the nutechs?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:42 PM
mooman007uk

I'm testing the standard version...all plastic..and yep it's tough...I own rampage (had 2 but offed one) and nutech and the nutech is so far way tougher..no snapped arms upper or lower, no broken diff cups, no stripped primary gears...standard are steel...and at 10lb lighter it doesn't need a 30.5 the stock 26 blows my totally modded obr 30.5 vrcpropiped rampage into the weeds as the vids show...the one i raced with a pipe is no faster than the stocker..a tad quiker off the line maybe but that's it...the nutech doesn't need the big cage cos it doesn't have chassis flex problems which is why i built the ramp cage and as for showing how tough it is the videos speak for themselves...it's bone stock...apart from breaking one front c hub nothing else has broken so a $1000 truck versus my totally modded $2500+ ramp.... Hmmmm...
It's getting a 27.2 OBR 4 bolt full mod and vrc propipe to test with more horses so we'll see then how it handles Seans best combo diff wise but the bonus is at least there will be an upgrade if they don't handle it...fg splined cups and internal gears fit these diffs!!!
And I will be making a chromemoly cage for it cos i like making them, not cos it needs one.
I still love driving my rampage...totally different drive and wont be selling it but for an out the box, stock preproduction sample the nuey is so far IMHO a better product
Old 12-11-2009, 09:55 PM
badboy2

im confused mooman yours is the fuego?im lookin at the nutech website (US) and i see sand storm and fuego..are they both 4wd??and is the chassis brace comes aluminum in standard models??i wanted the one with all alum parts! hehehe
Old 12-11-2009, 10:34 PM
roninx

ORIGINAL: fastlane01

Moo put a 30.5cc engine and a freekin chrome molly cage on it and then jump the **** out of it. show these people how tough it really is. Point is... they all break when massive power and more weight is added.

Can you make a vid i would like to see what the rampage can do.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:35 PM
mooman007uk

mine is a standard megamonster with a proline desert rat body...i've not had a chance to paint the clear MT body that came with it so threw on a spare rat bod i had kicking around and it fit nicely so it's stayed on..the fuego bod is real similar...all models are 4wd and the fr /rear chassis braces and front wheel hubs come in aluminum standard...the pro model when released as MT/fuego with the bigger shocks than tb2 and sandstorm will be all alloy but will retail at about $1399 with no motor but for that you get alloy diff cases x3, alloy arms, engine mounts, centre diff mounts , servo mounts, front arm brace, upper arms, clutch carrier and servo saver, 7075 chassis, shock towers and steering link...for all out bashing I prefer the plastic arms, they've so far proved to be unbreakable
Old 12-11-2009, 11:14 PM
badboy2

ORIGINAL: roninx

Can you make a vid i would like to see what the rampage can do.

i think theyre talkin about the nutech although he have a rampage too,he can prolly post some for u.i like my rampage too but like every rc they all have weak points.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:00 AM
badboy2

i was watchin that moos vid i thot he was gonna test how tough was the boulder in the corner hehehe..
whats the other truck running?
Old 12-12-2009, 12:21 AM
mooman007uk

which one...one without the bod is another nuey MT with a boat pipe...truck with the blue flamed asgard is my ramp MT

those damn boulders keep attacking me
Old 12-12-2009, 12:29 AM
badboy2

i was reffering to the one that has no body on.heheh i can see u hittin those hehhee..
Old 12-12-2009, 12:49 AM
laganm21

well for me nutech dont have the support that ramp has DDM dont even carry parts for it (well i cant find them) i like to be able to get parts for my rig on the fly without haveing to pay custums and the extra shipping cost , i dont own a nutch so i cant trash it, I own a ramp and i like paying for 2 to 3 dollar shipping if i had a nutech shipping would be at leat $10+ because it over seas
Old 12-12-2009, 02:23 PM
mooman007uk

parts availabilty will be just fine soon, DDM are not as yet nutech dealers so no you won't get parts from them...nutech are still setting up dealer and dist networks as they are still a new company...trust me you'll be able to get parts for these soon enough...I'm lucky the Canadian distributer Vancouver hobbies is just a couple of hours away ...MT and pro series trucks should now be released in the new year and i'm sure dealers will begin to pop up all over when they are...production has been held back because the factory is making sure any bugs we find are worked out before they sell them to the general public unlike other brands that shall remain nameless

Now to something i need to say, here and on other forums people I know to be advocates of the rampage are trying to infer that I'm now pushing nutech because I'm testing one and rubbishing the rampage...not so...yep i make comparisons that are valid, I own both trucks and they are similarly priced and will be competing for buyers

so to set the record straight I paid retail for my nutech...I didn't get it free...I know the Canadian distributer who asked if I'd like to try one as he knows I'll bash the snot out if it and be able to supply good feedback, (I do currently get new updated items to try from the factory is all) , so as an avid rc'er who's always looking for something new and hopefully better or as good as what I currently own, i jumped at the chance. I'm not a one horse stable

When I'm asked a question I answer honestly based on my personal experience...now if you don't want to hear an honest answer that you may not like then please don't ask the question.

I will continue to bash the snot out of this truck...as I have all my other rigs and review the NMT based on my testing and findings, once the testing is complete and the factory have a finished version that will hit the market then i will sum up how I honestly think it is, it's strengths and any inherent weaknesses and what people can expect to be buying

hopefully someone will be getting the new cen trucks to test to compare next to the nutech and rampage in the near future as well...information and knowledge is a wonderful thing and the more we have of it the better for us all
Old 12-12-2009, 02:37 PM
mradlin

ORIGINAL: badboy2

im confused mooman yours is the fuego?im lookin at the nutech website (US) and i see sand storm and fuego..are they both 4wd??and is the chassis brace comes aluminum in standard models??i wanted the one with all alum parts! hehehe
Check here to see Moo's Nutech.
http://www.nutechracingforum.com/vb/...read.php?t=279
Old 12-12-2009, 07:36 PM
SAVAGEJIM

RED CAT! That Nutech is what it is.... New not all bugs worked out yet. The Red Cat Mt is just fine. FG better want to spend some money. If you run in the back yard and jump small jumps you'll be fine. On the other hand if you jump small mountains any of these trucks will break. Don't believe the hype. Red Cat TT is what I have and I couldn't want more.
Just wait a little longer, because Nutech as we speak are continuing to fix those problems. The thunderbolt you say yesterday with whatever problems will more than likely not have those problems tomorrow. And from the commitment that I can see all over the net, Nutech will be nothing like even its parent company. From the amount of effort that Nutech is putting into their newer Thunderbolt 2 RC, I have no doubt that this RC will Rival even a highly upgraded MCD MT.

I have been saving up all year to eventually bu an Elcon Cleon, but seeing the TB2 pro version, I am very very tempted to get that one instead. I tell you, if Nutech rolls out the TB2 in a roller version, I just might buy one itself. And I know Nutech will not skimp on materials, design, etc. Even though the TB2 will be a few hundred more than the Redcat Rampage MT RTR, I know that it will will use materials quality seen on high dollar RCs (FG Pro, MCD Pro, etc.). 6061 and 7075 alum parts, treated to T6 hardening, high quality polycarbonate nylon plastics, and so forth.

Look at Mradlin's link, and you will see in that site, a site sanctioned by a registered Nutech distributor, the parts and materials quality is mentioned.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:49 PM
mooman007uk

well said Jim, you've hit the nail squarely on it's head...nutech aren't aiming at the rampage but MCD and FG..where the real volume sales are...especially in euroland where 1/5 sales are 100 times more than in N.America...in Germany alone 10000+ fs units have been sold since it's debut and way more than 100000 fgs!!!...in real terms N.America is small potatoes, total N.Am 1/5 sales including the 5b/t aren't even close to that! let alone 10+ of them that have had fg's for 25 years

the standard nuey is about $150 more than the ramp but wont require any work, the pro is priced well below FG comp and MCD ultimate and will be sold as a roller with the same build and materials quality, they're doing this right and letting real world racers and extreme bashers test and troubleshoot before general release. How many companies can you have a one on one relationship with the managing director and head tehnical engineer who listen, reply on a personal level and act upon your findings??? FG, MCD, HSP or HPI...try to shoot these guys an email and see if you get a reply...good luck ...,

as yet there wont be a roller for now for standard models there will be something else that will really appeal to many avid rc'ers...though right now i can say no more until I check with Chris to see if it can be announced yet.

roninx, just thrown another diff in the ramage so hope to get some footage of the it and nutech tomorrow in the same terrain, a new sandy venue with an 80ft hillclimb and a few jumps, if it doesn't snow then it's time for more severe moobuse
Old 12-15-2009, 05:44 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

So far there is no comparison between the Fully Modded Rampages and a fully modded Nutech. Saying a stock 26CC Nutech is better than a Redcat with a 30.5 ONB motor is not a comparison. Put a 5+ HP engine in a Nutech and then tell me what breaks. Until then, the Nutech is just a good looking new truck.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:45 PM
mooman007uk

got a OBR 27.2 4 bolt full mod going in it Rob, sitting on my bench right now along with the 5b vrc side propipe...as the nutech is 10lb lighter and in stock trim is already quicker than my 30.5 vrc piped rampage it has absolutely no need for a 30.5 to get it rolling...just boil the tires off it and be slower at the top is all...with the 27.2 and pipe it'll blitz almost any other 4x4 that comes near it cos of it's low weight , FG baja 4x4 will be a good race though.. they're light and agile and pretty quick with the stock 26...with the same engine and a pipe it'd be a toss up i reckon

I chose the 27.2 4 bolt as it's currently Seans best motor and the pipe was designed around it...only a touch less low end but comparable mid and way more top end and revs (his words not mine) than the ported 30.5...so the nuey is going to get a work out for sure and as usual I will report my findings honestly in my review thread for the benefit of all...what testing is all about right... and remember this is still a preproduction sample so if something does let go it'll get fixed as i, and other testers have, a one on one relationship with the Chris the owner and Ethan the head technical engineer who reply to our correspondence the same day and get busy immeadiately with remedies more than can be said of 99% of the other brands out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.