RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Large Scale Racing in Richmond VA

Old 12-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Bat Fastard
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Large Scale Racing in Richmond VA

Hello all, I have been searching for a place to race my Baja 5B clone close to, or in Richmond VA and have not been able to find any tracks. If there is enough interest, I have the equipment and the space to build a fairly complex offroad track for the big buggies and trucks in the Hanover air park. I'm also interested in 1/5th scale onroad and know of a private paved go-cart track in Ashland that would be perfect for 1/5th scale onroad competition. Just testing the waters here..... any other large scale owners in the Richmond area interested in a track designed for the 1/5 scalers?

BF
Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 AM
roninx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Large Scale Racing in Richmond VA

ORIGINAL: Bat Fastard

Hello all, I have been searching for a place to race my Baja 5B clone close to, or in Richmond VA and have not been able to find any tracks. If there is enough interest, I have the equipment and the space to build a fairly complex offroad track for the big buggies and trucks in the Hanover air park. I'm also interested in 1/5th scale onroad and know of a private paved go-cart track in Ashland that would be perfect for 1/5th scale onroad competition. Just testing the waters here..... any other large scale owners in the Richmond area interested in a track designed for the 1/5 scalers?

BF
Bat Fastard YOU HAVE A PM
Old 12-15-2009, 10:50 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

All so check in the RC Regional Racers & Bashers thread.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_206/tt.htm
Old 12-17-2009, 06:19 AM
Bad boy Hobby

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Bat, It seems for a long time, there was never enough people to get together and make something happen as far as large scale racing, but since then there is a group of guys located here that has started to organize such events nationally.
I look forward to racing guys out of LA like CC Racings crew, or the guys out of Cali, Miami or where ever, I think this is a good thing for the hobby, I also see there serious by taking on Doug from ESP to help organize these events.
So the bottom line is, if you don't mind traveling a bit, or check with your loacl 5th scale clubs to see if they are hosting any of the events,, these types of races are going to be huge!'

Anyway, check it out, I don't see the actual season calander up yet, but it will be annouced soon I'm told.

Just wanted to give you a heads up!
Good luck
Old 12-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would be interested in a large scale track. I wouldnt come often (Gaithersburg MD) but I would show up! Right now I go to AwesomeRC track with my nitros in Fredericksburg.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:41 AM
DANNYHOCKIN

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm just south of Richmond and would love to see large scale take off around here. Let me know if I can help!