Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Walmart Warning!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:31 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Walmart Warning!!

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

ORIGINAL: dreadnaut

At least their bicycles are still crud.

Ya they kiled the Mongoose name.. Mongoose was a cool bike back in the day when I was a kid, not any more..
Yeah i used to have the Mongoose Decade Pro(stll have) i remember i cut grass the whole summer to save up enought money to buy it.....i still remember the price 419 +tax....Blew away my murrays and huffy bike i had prior...never did freestyle like it was intended to due, but i enjoyed it. lol beer talk
Old 12-24-2009, 12:13 AM
mxdubbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love "Hurricane hobbies" in Hurricane Utah.I love there service.I went in there once looking to buy a shock for my stampede with out hesitation the owner hands me a brand new shock with springs ect. for FREE!!It was a traxxas replacement shock but still.I have bought 4 trucks from there and they help out in any way possible.When I was just getting into R/c a about 2 years ago I went into look at the pede and the let me test one right there on there track.If anybody needs stuff that lives in southern utah go there.Its about a 2 hour drive but I have to go there for other stuff anyways.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:55 AM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

this is not sold "by" walmart... its sold through them as stated here

Walmart Marketplace is a venue for approved retailers to sell new products on Walmart.com.

Including these retailers on our site gives you more choices — with hundreds of thousands of additional products. Over time, we'll be adding even more Marketplace Retailers — bringing you more brands, more options and more ways to save.

Shop Marketplace With Confidence
Walmart.com selects only established retailers based on their ability to:

* Provide a large assortment of high-quality products and brands
* Deliver strong customer support
* Comply with product safety requirements

Safe and Convenient
Marketplace features only new products from established Marketplace Retailers. We've made it easy to access multiple retailers, along with all the products and services we offer on Walmart.com. Your checkout is conducted through Walmart.com and we never share your personal information with any Marketplace Retailer, so your financial information is safe.

How it Works
Once your checkout transaction is completed, the Marketplace Retailer manages and supports the order, including shipping and handling, customer service, exchanges and returns.

We hope you'll enjoy the vastly expanded assortment Walmart Marketplace offers customers like you.
so dont expect parts support id figure... nor should you expect to be able to return it at your local walmart if its a pile
Old 12-24-2009, 08:37 AM
madmaxx11
My Feedback: (51)

Wal-mart isn't the only one doing this. Pep-Boys Auto is selling Traxxas electric cars and trucks. But they don't sell parts. You still have to buy parts either on line or the LHS. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:51 AM
rclynx

Don't know where your Pep Boys is but I'm told ours has parts also [&:]
Old 12-24-2009, 12:06 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

we do not have a pep-boyz, just an autozone.. but they might be getting traxxas also I heard a rumor on that[X(]
Old 12-24-2009, 03:13 PM
IloveMYxt2

Wow, Traxxas has really gone down hill in my opinion. Whats next? Big Lots and the Dollar Tree?
Old 12-25-2009, 10:54 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

Wow, Traxxas has really gone down hill in my opinion. Whats next? Big Lots and the Dollar Tree?
It's all about market saturation...the more units they move, the better chance they will make money on parts purchases...I'm sure it is more profitable for them to sell you a part you broke that you have to install...no matter where the original was purchased.