Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

NEW 5b/5t air filter

Old 12-25-2009, 07:08 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW 5b/5t air filter

has anyone here tested this out or planning to get one , would something like this increase performance for street use http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.6865/.f
Old 12-25-2009, 07:59 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: NEW 5b/5t air filter

paper? I will stay away from that system..foam all the way..
Old 12-25-2009, 09:22 AM
nothinbetr2do

i wouldn't use that set up either. just go with the stock set up with a red neck filter and an outerwears pre-filter, it's the best set up to run. just take the stock outer filter off and put on the red neck one, then put on the outerwears pre-filter. make sure all filters are oiled well and your all set.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Johnnysplits

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

has anyone here tested this out or planning to get one , would something like this increase performance for street use http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.6865/.f
Absolutely!!! The paper filters are better all around...trap finer dirt particles and flow better than an oiled foam filter. For onroad use though, I would use a genuine K&N filter for maximum performance.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:50 PM
splcrazy

oh ok thats what im using right now for on road use a k&n filter from ddm , this new filter system dosnt even come with the paper filter and ddm dont sell the paper filter either
Old 12-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Johnnysplits

oh ok thats what im using right now for on road use a k&n filter from ddm , this new filter system dosnt even come with the paper filter and ddm dont sell the paper filter either
Yeah you have to get the filter either online or your local mower shop.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:16 PM
splcrazy

that sux , if they can bother to make the billet piece for this kind of application , then they should buy and supply the filter piece aswell for ddm to sell , even if they have to sell the paper filter seperatly i dont care , lol my mower shop in australia dont sell them kind of paper filters anyway cos australia is backwards LOL just like sol trujillo from telstra said
Old 12-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Johnnysplits

that sux , if they can bother to make the billet piece for this kind of application , then they should buy and supply the filter piece aswell for ddm to sell , even if they have to sell the paper filter seperatly i dont care , lol my mower shop in australia dont sell them kind of paper filters anyway cos australia is backwards LOL just like sol trujillo from telstra said
oh man that does suck
Old 12-27-2009, 09:29 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Be sure you are USING A TRUE K& N filter not the ones that are being listed a s "k&N type filter" or your just wasting your money..
Old 12-27-2009, 05:53 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

Be sure you are USING A TRUE K& N filter not the ones that are being listed a s ''k&N type filter'' or your just wasting your money..
yeah it is , i got it from ddm, it came in k&n packaging