Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Kalee Belt Driven 4WD Picture Heavy!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Kalee Belt Driven 4WD Picture Heavy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 06:10 PM
csicso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kalee Belt Driven 4WD Picture Heavy!!!

Wonderful car!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Obeast44

ORIGINAL: zerogravityrc

Thanks yeah you have to watch out for the idiots on the road I opt to stay ahead of the crowd leaving the idiots well behind but for whatever reason people just don't see bikes I don't care how loud they are lol my Duck has open cans on it so its certainly not quite and people still pull out or in turn into my lane you just really have to pay attention in town which is why I spend allot of time on the county roads and hwys that's where the twisties are anyways!!!

P.S I think I can help you out I will get back to your PM tomorrow when I get back in the office, I placed my Kalee order with the factory so I should have replacement parts and vehicles at my warehouse sometime in April, with all my revision the factory will not be completed until late march [:@], so I might just be able to part with the ones on my other sample .

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
My biggest problem on my bike was people coming head on at me, passing cars and not seeing me. One time I almost ate a Chevy S10, I literally could tell the brand of cigarette in his hand on the steering wheel. Thats how close it was. ******* never even slowed down..stopped or anything. I was on the white line and couldnt get over any more at all. I pulled into a drive a few hundred yards down the road and had to take a smoke break. I havent forgotten the guys face and hopefully one day I can let him know what I think of his driving
Old 02-23-2010, 11:33 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

Do you have some video coming of it running?
TIA

ORIGINAL: EngageRC

The rally 5t is available now...
http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...%2C-KMC/Detail

That looks llke a nice rig!!
Anyone have info on the FS 1/5th scale version of the Slayer?
http://www.fs-racingart.com/detail.php?pid=1160

Hi all how does both the Fs and the Kaylee run? Anyone please post video's...also let us know if these 4x4 are better or not than the Nueteh 4x4 truck and buggy. Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 11:34 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

Do you have some video coming of it running?
TIA

ORIGINAL: EngageRC

The rally 5t is available now...
http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...%2C-KMC/Detail

That looks llke a nice rig!!
Anyone have info on the FS 1/5th scale version of the Slayer?
http://www.fs-racingart.com/detail.php?pid=1160

Hi all how does both the Fs and the Kaylee run? Anyone please post video's...also let us know if these 4x4 are better or not than the Nueteh 4x4 truck and buggy. Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

Hello Crusher
I took on a few of these Kalee as samples for testing, after 2 months of running this Kalee I am confident in saying out of the box the Kalee are better quality and more durable then the FS product. Its hard to compare the Kalee to FS as they are very different chassis and manufactures but as far as quality goes and out of the box durability the Kalee defiantly wins, with the few revisions I am having the Kalee factory make before they manufacture my order I am very confident this Kalee model will make a lot of happy RC enthusiasts and bring another great 4wd chassis to the market along with it a belt drive system .

I have a ton of videos on this post throughout the 4 pages, here are a few of the links below

This is a video with it bone stock right out of the box
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8Hwa232OQ

Here is with a performance pipe and proline wheels with bowtie tires
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tbCqG3x_ws

This is a video with the performance pipe, stock wheels/tires back on and a new body
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mz0vN3FiB8

This video is with performance pipe, proline wheels/tires
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UscVVBdUA3E

As far as comparing these to Nutech I honestly cant say because I have not taken delivery of my first Nutech order so I haven't had the honor of running a Nutech yet but soon, very soon from what I have seen in video and read about the Nutech I am sure the Nutech will be a few steps above the Kalee and oodles above the FS, the biggest thing with Nutech that FS and Kalee don't have is a team of engineers, lots of R&D, great factory and a company that backs there product with astonishing dealer and customer support along quality that will make its competitors worry lol which if you read some of the recent post on RCU you will see for yourself [8D].

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 02-23-2010, 11:55 AM
L3G10N

I love the update telling me that Ill get my sampler soon enough

Old 02-23-2010, 03:05 PM
aluminum crusher

Thanks it looks pretty cool and going thru all that snow it's gotta be tuff esp if that belt has no signs of wear after all of that stress. If you happen to make another video do alot of high speed runs without blipping the throttle or letting off the throttle until it's almost out of your sight. And by the way that pipe made a BIG improvement on performance. Thanks PS I like this set up..... This is a video with the performance pipe, stock wheels/tires back on and a new body
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mz0vN3FiB8 but I think in the video at the bottom it performed much faster with that set up.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:54 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

Thanks it looks pretty cool and going thru all that snow it's gotta be tuff esp if that belt has no signs of wear after all of that stress. If you happen to make another video do alot of high speed runs without blipping the throttle or letting off the throttle until it's almost out of your sight. And by the way that pipe made a BIG improvement on performance. Thanks PS I like this set up..... This is a video with the performance pipe, stock wheels/tires back on and a new body
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mz0vN3FiB8 but I think in the video at the bottom it performed much faster with that set up.
I was surprised it went through all that snow so well too, I am interested to see what paddles on the rear would will be like in the snow , the pipe did make a huge difference as does to any stock motor and certainly makes it louder and more fun to drive lol.

I am on my 8th full tank of gas now and its all been in the winter, the belt looks and feels just as it did when it was new I figured after all the water and thawing it would have started to dry out and crack but so far so good I haven't even heard it slip or skip a tooth yet .

I to like the 8" wheels but they take so much more power to turn from the motor and servo, I like being able to switch back and forth depending on where I am running the 8" certainly come in handy for ground clearance and contact patch .

I will get some more runs on the road as soon as some of the salt starts to clear off it rusts out all the steel lol thats why I have been trying to keep it in fields, I had a few runs on the road but had alot of cleaning to do afterwards to get all the salt off it lol, spring is right around the corner I cant wait but I was surprised that it has performed as well as it has considering I have been running it on ice rinks with snow on top thats what all our fields are we had 3 days or rain in the middle of winter for Christmas then it all froze solid lol.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

Old 02-23-2010, 04:20 PM
aluminum crusher

OK cool keep us posted on what ever you do to it. Thanks
Old 03-16-2010, 05:29 PM
nutechracingusa

OK Guys
I just finished up my 12th tank of gas now and I had some slipping going on in the rear end so I pulled it in for a tear down, spring is finally here so I am eager to get it ready for some summer basing in the dirt in stead of snow and ice lol. I decided it was time to take her apart for a rebuild here is what I found which I am glad it happened now so I can get pictures off to the factory before they finish up my order

Looks like a little premature wearing of the drive cups I will have the factory upgrade the steel on those as well.

Here it is after a quick cleaning I cant take things apart when there a mess lol!!

Looks like I got some water probably from all the snow inside the differential box definetly going to seal this when I put it back together.

All the bearing seem to be holding up even though they are all rusty from the water I will be putting a boca bearing kit in before I put it back together.

All of the external gears seem great little to no sign of wear.

Now here is where the problem came in

Definitely going to have the factory change the material of these I have to finish taking the rest of the internal differential gears apart and clean them ran out of time today so I will get some more pictures up as I finish cleaning everything so we can see how the rest of the gears look.

Here is where I would assume I got most of the water and moister from that blue rubber seal for the shaft.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

Old 03-16-2010, 05:37 PM
L3G10N

ORIGINAL: zerogravityrc>Here is where I would assume I got most of the water and moister from that blue rubber seal for the shaft.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

In fact scott, remove the blue rubber and the little piece of plastic over the rubber and Ask the company to place a bearing there.
This is a trouble already fixed from HPI since a while. It's the same bearing as the oposite side of the gear.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 PM
nutechracingusa

I was expecting it to be a bearing lol was surprised when I found it to be a rubber seal, I was planning on using a bearing in place of the seal when I put it back together I will certainly pass this onto the factory as well :-), I was hoping some of you knowledgeable HPI guys would help out with this one .

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 03-16-2010, 07:14 PM
sparky 25

The stripped gear is from the diff right?

its probably the same problem that was happenng on most other bajas with the plastic diff case,

the plastic diff case flexes some allowing for gears to get stripped,

an alloy diff case is the best way round this problem, just what i have encountered
Old 06-12-2010, 02:36 PM
adr_ian

how is this thing compared to the Redcat Rampage MT?

Its bigger but is it better?

looking for my first gas truck.....
Old 06-16-2010, 04:25 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: adr_ian

how is this thing compared to the Redcat Rampage MT?

Its bigger but is it better?

looking for my first gas truck.....
Hello
Sorry I have never owned a Redcat so I cant compare it but that's certainly not the truck you want to compare something like this 2 as they are completely different beasts and chassis. This is a 4WD belt driven truggy that is very similar to the HPI 5T and 5B sort of a mix between them and then some, fair amount of the parts are compatible to the HPI and the rest are unique to Kalee. I have all the parts listed on the site now and in stock, we will be full part and tech support for this model from Kalee in the US, if you have any questions just let me know.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

Old 06-17-2010, 06:48 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Hey zero, are you going to bring one of these over to the track some day?Kevin said you had these in stock.. they sure do look interesting..[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 AM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

Hey zero, are you going to bring one of these over to the track some day?Kevin said you had these in stock.. they sure do look interesting..[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]
Hi Bud
As a matter of fact I am planning on coming out this Sunday with my Kalee, Nutech Mega Beetle and my new little 1/10th Scale Nutech RAYO 10 4WD buggy :-) hope to see you there.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 06-17-2010, 11:03 AM
work2ride

Damn Ineed to get the 5T running soon Scott. I want to check the Sheboygan track out soon.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:06 AM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: work2ride

Damn I need to get the 5T running soon Scott. I want to check the Sheboygan track out soon.
Get it ready I'm heading out there Sunday its just a practice day and my first time out there :-) should be good conditions with all the rain hopefully it wont be very dusty.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 06-17-2010, 03:32 PM
hndaman1

Hi Bud
As a matter of fact I am planning on coming out this Sunday with my Kalee, Nutech Mega Beetle and my new little 1/10th Scale Nutech RAYO 10 4WD buggy :-) hope to see you there.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

sunday we might not be there(family things) but saturday
Old 06-17-2010, 04:11 PM
nutechracingusa

Hi Bud

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Sat is a race day and I have never been out on a track yet so I wanted to go on a practice day to check it all out and see what its about, Ill certainly be getting out to some of the races but I want to do a little setup for a track first I have only ever bashed out in fields, ditches, beaches ect so alignment and setup hasn't been to important :-), now its time to dial it in.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

sunday we might not be there(family things) but saturday
Old 06-19-2010, 07:23 AM
clubin

It is sure cool how much like the HPI the Keelee is.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:12 AM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: clubin

it sure is, but it is nothing like the baja..it is 4wd I cannot wait to see this hopefully today..[sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: clubin

it sure is, but it is nothing like the baja..it is 4wd I cannot wait to see this hopefully today..[sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Wow the 4WD sure makes a huge difference, I ran a tank through it in 4WD then I managed to pop one of the front drive shaft pins so I just removed the front drive shafts to see how it was in 2WD and wow it was a huge difference. It was more of a hand full in 2WD but I can see how time out there in 2WD would make you a smoother drive. Next time hopefully this coming weekend I will bring out the new replacement front drive shafts, I brought along a set of the rear shafts but not the front, isn't that how it usually works out lol, all in all I had a blast out there and learned a lot about the handling and setup of these large scale.

Here is a little clip of the Kalee in 4WD and some of it in 2WD, also managed to get a short clip of my Mega before the battery died in my little key chain camera :-(.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfRr9Ng40oo

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

Old 06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
hndaman1

awesome, glad you can make it out there. our next race is JULY 3rd, hope you can make it down..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.