Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Cluth question?

Old 01-19-2010, 04:45 PM
borley1863

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cluth question?

Hi i have an evo tuned engine that i am just about to put in my MCD race runner, i have bought an hpi clutch with red spring, the thing i have noticed is that i took the old engine out and was looking at the clutch and what washers they used to space it. I noticed they only used the wafer thin ones on top of the clutch! The clutch holder is a flat one like on my new engine.
what i noticed is once you undone the clutch it doesn`t ly exactly flush as the spring is slightly wider than the clutch shoes so without any spacers it is rubbib=ng againg the centre screw on the clutch holder?
|My new clutch would sit the same on my new engine, so is it alright like this as i cant see any wear on the old clutch spring, or should i use spacers?
Thanks in advance.
Guy
Old 01-19-2010, 10:24 PM
ttr125fan09
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cluth question?

you may want to post some pictures with certain thing circled so it is easier to clarify what you are talking about

my 2 cents