Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI Baja SS for $650? Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:11 PM
alexchen86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Baja SS for $650? Worth it?

Is this a good deal on a used Baja SS?

http://houston.craigslist.org/tag/1563201895.html

He's asking for $650 but I am not sure what kind of condition the buggy is in. I know in the hobby world you get what you pay for. I have never built anything bigger than 1/10 scale so I have no idea what to look for in terms of potential damages and problems. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I wanted to build my own kit but then this deal is pretty good for the price. What do you all think? He will be sending me additional pictures tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Freezetron

Default RE: HPI Baja SS for $650? Worth it?

I'd get alot more detailed info AND pictures on the Baja before I would commit to it, IMO. So many hidden things can be wrong with it that are not easily viewed by simple craigs list photo's
Old 01-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Johnnysplits

Iwould spend the extra $200 and buy it brand new. At least you know that it will be builtYOUR way and not someone else's.There area lot of people out therewho shouldn't have tools if you know what Imean.The majority of the baja's that areout there are beat to death. If youare gonna go for it,I would suggest that you havethe seller take MANY pics of everything close up...even though you still wont get the whole story from them. Sometimes it's just not worth saving a few dollars. From past experience, I would never buy any r/c stuff used unless it was right in front of me.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:52 PM
alexchen86

Thanks for the advice guys. I once bought an old nitro RS4 before not knowing the previous driver had a major side impact destroying the radio rx box and completely throwing the car off tune. Eventually the RX gave out and I went head on into a curb. Sold as is after fixing it...got rid of that nightmare!

The seller of the Baja will send detailed pics and also let me do a test run this weekend. Anything specific I should inspect during the test run? I just like the bundle as it's a good deal and he is providing the original manual.

TIA!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:54 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never post the link if you really are thinking about it, or one of us may scoop it out from under you, just saying.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:12 PM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys,

I`ve read this thread with interest as i`ve been trying to sell my hardly run SS (i dont think i even ran out the second tank) for 600 UK pounds and that was including a futaba digital 25 kg servo on the throttle/brake and the futaba 3303 i think on the steering, the spotlights with the battery indicator and a couple of sets of road tires.

Fortunately i dont need to sell it any more, but i just thought at half of what i paid for it, it would sell quite quickly. i think these things are much more popular in the states than they are here in the UK 

Take it easy
                                                                                                                     john