Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Tell me if this is a good deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
rezac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me if this is a good deal

I just bought the recat rampage TT. So far I love it, it has the side dom pipe and I just ordered the 30.5 big bore kit and steel gears for it, it has the upgrade kit also. From the same hobby shop I got it at, they have a used FG MT. It has a Samba pipe, Magura front brakes, 2 speed conversion, upgraded servos, upgraded linkages and a k&n filter. A guy sold it to the hobby shop and only used it a few times. They are selling with new never been mounted forged aluminum BADASS beadlocks for $1050 with radio. The guy that sold it to the LHS had another MT that was heavily modified, he ordered the forged rims in for it and someone stole his modded MT and thats when he sold the otehr one to the LHS. Should I just stick some money into the TT like shocks and other little things or will I have a lot of fun with the FG also? I would probably install the 4x4 kit on it. I can't decide what to do since I have never driven a 1/5 MT before. What do I do? Should I buy it? Is it a good deal? I could get the truck without the beadlocks for 800 but they are so sweet! Decisions decisions, I wont have the money for a month or so since I just bought the DX3S and some other stuff to make me temporarily happy lol.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:22 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Tell me if this is a good deal

since u got the rampage u got a 4x4 already..i say get the fg mt also and enjoy the the 2 speed!!forget the 4x4 conversion.better yet get the 3 speed conversion when it comes out!!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 PM
rezac

Damn, I didn't know that was even in the making! I got rid of the 5B because it was horrible in this area, not good in the snow or anything unless you stud the tires but the tires cost so damn much. I guess I could see how addicting the TT is with the big bore. I am pretty hard on these so I need something that is going to hold up. I take them to a couple different motocross tracks. Its pretty sweet. The FG does feel like it has pretty awesome suspension and looks really sweet. How stable are they in the air?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:15 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

ive seen vids by dc2man and its pretty good in jumping he had the beetle tho..im setting up my fg for drag racing only..since i have a 5t and rampage for offroading already and my 5b will be for drag race and offroad sometimes hehe..try to search for fg 3 speed in here i think pete(bad boy hobby) posted it already.