Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

I need your help !

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need your help !

I started with the Fg monstertruck stock and then after a while changed more and more until it got fully blinged out, shortly after getting the Fg i bought a Mcd blueline hummer h1 (very big) and it's a great car but big so i havent used it much i have driven the Fg much more but it have become quite heavy now with all bling and those heavy alloy wheels.

Now i havent used any of my two bigscales in almost 3years because lot's of stuff happen and i just havent had the time or will to take them out for a spinn. So i started to feel a new spark now regarding these bigscales and im thinking of getting another one that is not to big or to heavy.... my first thought was trying to get a kit and build it myself, because i just love to build things and have always felt that it's half the fun just to build it.

Was first thinking about the Hpi baja 5b ss... then i noticed that there was one a littlebit better Hpi baja 5t... looked better to me anyways, the downside was that the 5t is already built... not that it makes that much difference cause i will sooner or later replace parts and make it stronger. Just now i happen to see another alternative that looked very interresting.. Hsp warrior mxt (redcat) and that is 4wd and is a littlebit longer then my Fg and that is better for stability, as i have always thought that my Fg monstertruck had a littlebit to short distance between the front and rear wheels.

Can anyone tell me what in my situation is the best choice ? I know that all of them require upgrades at some point... just as every rc need when you try to make them better and stronger. All new from stores, and i will use my own radio equipment not that crap that they throw in the package.

Hpi baja 5b ss:
Hpi baja 5t:
Hsp warrior mxt (redcat rampage monster truck):
Old 02-11-2010, 05:37 PM
quarterscalelegends

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I need your help !

no comment from me... just wanted to stop by say "how the heck is it going!!!!" have not seen you around for a long time. Good to see ya back!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
DarkFire989

Baja SS is the way to go for a kit unless you wanted to dump some serious coin on a FG Competition model.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Automan

Im fine, thanks for asking. How are you ? yes it's been way to long, i will try to change that now with some new blood I just didnt feel like hanging around here before cause it felt like everyone that i have come to know here was leaving this place and then short after some sad things happen in my life and everything... but now i feel like a new spark and hope to see some old friends in here, that they like me return... im really glad to see you here, that's a good start.

Just something i have to ask you as i did many times before, have you made that video yet ? ..your mt did you have the v8/v10 engine on that ? i can't remember. Have you got hold of any nice things since last time ?

I was into electric bigscale helicopters a while, have two standing here... not that amazing stuff, just a Align 600 and a Mikado of similar size... havent used them much at all... electric scale rockcrawlers, not much have happen to me in the rc department these last years.

Edit: DarkFire, i have looked into that and Mcd etc, i want something different and it dont have to be a kit.. but it would be nice to get a kit. Im still confused.... but i think it feels like either the Hpi baja 5t or the Hsp warrior mxt (redcat rampage mt), they both look fine but i see that they will need upgrades... just as my Fg did after awhile, it always starts with one little thing then why not change that and that, then before you know it your car is all bling.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:33 PM
quarterscalelegends

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, lots of goodies. I have started a video series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITc2jm2D7Oo

No MT video yet, but now that i have the technology, it will be included in a video in the comming future.

The garage has been filling up. I also got into some electric rock crawlers and mini electric helis. Been having a blast with them.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Automan

ORIGINAL: quarterscalelegends

yea, lots of goodies. I have started a video series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITc2jm2D7Oo

No MT video yet, but now that i have the technology, it will be included in a video in the comming future.

The garage has been filling up. I also got into some electric rock crawlers and mini electric helis. Been having a blast with them.
Just amazing car, wow. Really great video, your doughter did a fine jobb in that video, is she interrested in your hobby and helps you with your cars of camera to ? If your kids get an interrest in a hobby you really love then it's a big plus and gets even more fun. Anyways, really nice video and i will look at more later, have to go now. Take care.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Soloratov
My Feedback: (1)

Hey there Automan.....I can't say from experience since I don't own an actual truck as of yet, but I have done a lot of looking and talked to a few guys. My local LHS has both a 5B and a 5T in the store, and I like them both. Seriously considering getting one in the near future, but I was swayed by one of the guys that works there toward one over the other. The 5T is basically a 5B with different front end to make it a truck. I like that, but the point he made was this, you roll it, it will cost you 200 bucks to replace the body........apparently this is not uncommon if it hits hard enough the posts punch right through. The 5B body parts are protected, and much cheaper. I personally will be getting the 5B SS, but thats just my 2 cents.......Good to have you around.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:08 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

the boddy issue on 5t is kinda solved now ,theres a lot of body options now..woodster from other forum makes bodies and theyre selling for 100 plus shipping.i ran my 5t 3times a month last year and my body is still in one piece.the other advantage of the hpi 5b\5t is theres so many upgrades or hop ups available ..
Old 02-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Soloratov
My Feedback: (1)

You make a good point Badboy. As I said I do want one, that just seemed to be the one thing I heard was a pain, but good to know it is being taken care of.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:47 AM
Automan

Thanks Soloratov, feels good to be back.

Yes badboy2, there are much upgrades to choose from for the hpi baja's, and that is nice... nowdays there are a quite good number of upgrades/hoopups for the mcd and that is great. The baja 5t is nice and littlebit better balanced what i can see then a 5b buggy, and better protected with bigger wheels all around... nice truck.

Sure the Hps warrior (redcat rampage) looks nice, good placment of the engine, 4wd with shafts, and a littlebit longer then the fg (that is better) but in stock i read the diff wont hold, the 4mm plate that hold everything aint strong enough.. "probably the material are not of the highest quality" that is a just a thought i had, then the shocks are weak, engine 23cc is way to small for the truck... other then that it seams to be holding up, and rear/front arms looks strong, they made a good truck but with some weak points = have to upgrade sooner then with other trucks.... but it's a lowpriced truck so what would you expect :/
Im still looking at this hps warrior (redcat rampage) and have some interrest in getting one. I already have a maxed out fg monstertruck and a topline to big mcd hummer h1.. one 2wd and one 4wd, so what is the best choice ? ....it's leaning towards the hpi baja 5t.... sad that it's not a kit but when i think about the baja 5t i start to think about mcd's baja and that one is 4wd, hmmmm..... i could get one more mcd, but that would not be that fun... don't get me wrong, mcd is very highquality but i just wanted to try something new this time, but i do not want to buy some crap. Sure i can live with the fact that i will need a few upgrades in the beginning... all bigscales that are not hooped up from start needs it, but i want the base to be a solid one and something i want to spend money on in the future, something i feel to be good quality. As i said before, when i bought my fg monstertruck way way back then it felt like good quality but there was some minor things that needed to be better, then as many in here i went nuts with the upgrade/blings

I do not drive crazy wild and send my cars like rockets into the sky, i drive hard but more to scale... if that helps you in giving me advice.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:27 AM
dc2 man
Banned

hey man if it was me i would just modify your FG even more,throw a good strong engine in there and that will make it light.

i have thousands invested in my two FG models one beetle pro (now full elcon alloy) also an fg evo,both which are standing me crazy money both have tuned engines and pipes. they are the top shelf in my collection.

my fg beetle is incredibly tough now,i have a 7.5hp CAD G270 one off engines from these guys, its blueprinted and cad ported,it sure makes my beetle light again along with the jetpro v2 pipe rear exit.

Xandi-Modellbau

here are some pics of them both.

Click for fullsize
[img]{akamaiimageforum}/thumbnails/464442/Nl30450.jpg[/img]
Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

ELCON TOTALLY TRANSFORMS these monsters in to something really special.the drivetrain unit is a must.

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize

hope you dont mind the pics now....

Old 02-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Automan

ORIGINAL: dc2 man

hey man if it was me i would just modify your FG even more,throw a good strong engine in there and that will make it light. [img][/img]

i have thousands invested in my two FG models one beetle pro (now full elcon alloy) also an fg evo,both which are standing me crazy money both have tuned engines and pipes. they are the top shelf in my collection.

my fg beetle is incredibly tough now,i have a 7.5hp CAD G270 one off engines from these guys, its blueprinted and cad ported,it sure makes my beetle light again along with the jetpro v2 pipe rear exit.
Thanks for the info, but i have already a big engine (with racecarb and all) in my fg and i have bought every hoopup there is, everything. My fg is really quick so it dont feel heavy driving it at all, just worried about that this weight put more strain on some axels and shockmounts that's all. If i would do real crazy jumps with my fg now things would probably break or bend do to the weight, but normal bashing like i do it will work just fine, driving fast and doing normal high jumps etc.

I'm not closer to decide what way to go yet, hmmmm.. what should i do :/
Old 02-12-2010, 02:33 PM
badboy2

if u want 4wd id go with the fg 4wd since u got a fg already youll have parts compatible with it too or the redcat..2wd id go with the hpis..i didnt like mcd coz its hard to get parts here in US maybe u can get parts easier there..
btw did u know theres a 3speed comin for the fg?u might wanna hold on to that too..
Old 02-12-2010, 04:03 PM
dc2 man
Banned

there must be some very "key" points upgraded on the fg monsters to make bulletproff,(maybe you already know this but i will rant on anyway lol) one the elcon system drivetrain it stops gears from seperating and moving around this alone is a great investment.

elcon wheel adaptors alloy to stop rims rounding out with the weight,good upgraded clutch spring (blue) these work fine for me.

GOOD DIFF WITH ELCON BALLDRIVE SYSTEM

i also got the elcon rear xl a-arms which are awesome.

basiclly mine is complete elcon now,only thing left of fg is chassis and rims.

but man was it worth it,i can bash this all day long with no issues,i have to do some terrible things with it to upset something now,it sits on 8 alloy strong shocks,only thing that usually goes wrong is (from heavy abuse in deep sand) broke clutch spring....lol and thats all... maybe some wheel bearings now and then...

and i bash hard,in my last vid i was jumping for a straight hour with huge air time.my fg evo comprises of a lot of elcon also

elcon is mega tough.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Automan

Only thing on mine thats still fg is the baseplate-chassi and i didnt change the rollcage cause when i was upgrading i couldnt find a good enough durable rollcage so i decided to keep the original. All other stuff is changed and only the good stuff... maybe it's my atomicwarproof alloy wheels, they put allot of strain on drive system and shocks, they are heavy but impossilbe to destroy.

I was thinking of getting the two speed a long time ago, if the new "gearbox" have similar problems.. i don't want it.

I will never use a beltdrive 4wd system in any car, totally crap in my opinion and the only 4wd system that is worth having is the shaftsystem seen on mcd etc.

Back to the "problem" at hand, either one of those cars or just wait... but i can't wait and i want something now as i can't find anything to upgrade on the bigscales i have, and i had a roadracer special edition and that was boring car to own, never anywhere nice to drive it. So it's down to a monster truck or buggy or other offroad that i can be happy with.

Any owner of the Hsp warrior mxt (redcat rampage monster truck) that can tell me how good it is out of the box, and what i really need to change right away ? 23cc crap engine on that truck.. why not just deliver it without a engine
Old 02-13-2010, 06:32 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hey man did you check out nutech new monster range of buggys?

they are awesome and a great price......

they have a whole load of new models out for 2010 also,maybe worth a look man.

they are VERY tough....

i run an onroad nutech extremly tough stuff...........
Old 02-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Automan

Will check it out, thanks dc2man !

Edit: they look fine, can't find any major weak points at first look on the pictures and info.. they seam to have a good design with no major weakness that i could find anyways. Are they cheap ? can't find anyone selling them over here though :/ What i want is first a good solid base car/truck and the price is not that important, only thing that is important is the car/truck has a solid ground and a very good design and potantial to be great/awsome after a few hoopups and mods.

As i said before i was leaning most towards the hpi baja's, but now i think i know what it will be, if nothing else of interrest popup here...... I was very interrested in hpi's baja but now it's leaning towards yet another mcd... a mcd baja1000 maybe, i said maybe cause it's not final yet.... i am still thinking about what would be the best choice for me at this time, not easy
Old 02-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Automan

**** crap Mcd baja1000 sold out and the new one are probably a few month away [:@] I want something now grrr...

I have two set's of Futaba 3pk HRS for my bigscales, should i get a Futaba 4pk 2,4Mhz fasst system to my bigscalers ? will i notice any big difference ? if i get that radio i will just upgrade the Mcd hummer with some alloystuff and small stuff like another tunepipe etc.

Or should i just get that Hpi baja 5b ss ? or the Hpi baja 5t ? i think i will skip the Hsp warrior mxt (redcat rampage), and i can't find any that sells the Nutech's around here. So please tell me what to do, as i seam to have hard time choosing something Man im frustrated now [sm=devious.gif]
Old 02-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Johnnysplits

Automan -
Youcan build your own hpi baja T if you wanted. Thats what im doing. I bought the instruction manual for the SS. So i've been collecting parts every other week when I get paid. The best parts of doing it this wayis that you will KNOW your T from the inside out , you get the satisfaction of building it yourself , and you can buy all the upgraded parts you want right from the start...which will savea lot ofmoney as well. I can't wait until mine is done!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:43 PM
badboy2

johnny are you keeping your receipts??whats your total so far?i wonder if r gonna end up payin more or less?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:04 AM
Automan

ORIGINAL: Johnnysplits

Automan -
You can build your own hpi baja T if you wanted. Thats what im doing. I bought the instruction manual for the SS. So i've been collecting parts every other week when I get paid. The best parts of doing it this way is that you will KNOW your T from the inside out , you get the satisfaction of building it yourself , and you can buy all the upgraded parts you want right from the start...which will save a lot of money as well. I can't wait until mine is done!!!
Now that was a great idea [sm=thumbup.gif] Sure i have thought about doing something like that at some point, and it is a fine idea but it takes time to look around for the best parts etc. You don't get that nice box.. just kiddig
A few of us are doing this more or less anyways, getting the stock car/truck and then replace a few parts now and then until everything is changed.... so it must be a better way doing that from the start tell us the total in the end, would be fun to see how much it will cost.... if i understand you right, you are not going to buy the stock hpi 26cc etc... what ever you decide i would like to know the total for the truck, would be nice to see what a hpi baja 5t "ultimate" would cost.

Good luck with your project, keep us posted with pictures please.