Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Redcat Rampage V3 Monster Truck and Dunerunners

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Redcat Rampage V3 Monster Truck and Dunerunners

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 06:04 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat Rampage V3 Monster Truck and Dunerunners

i modded my Dune Runner with HPI Baja hubs and tires...very grippy

Old 03-14-2010, 09:23 PM
NitroBurn1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

Not many parts difference from V1 to V3 that I know of...despite numerous requests from many people the main dealer has been very vague on the improvements as you can see in this thread
differences I know of between the 1 and 3 are...dual steering servos, big pin diff cups, HY26cc engine (not CY), metal layshaft brake square, better foam in tires, bout it really...supposed to be suspension changes but this has yet to be confirmed, despite the new shipment being here for a few weeks now there has still been no actual confirmation of upgrades[]

as for the steel gears, there were definitely some duffer sets out there at first, i believe clubin got the first bad set just after I got mine[&:]...i managed to luck out it seems

I felt kinda bad after I dug up these himoto gears for rampage owners (it was mooky in the UK who I first saw with a set) mine were perfect but many other sets weren't...DDM must have had a few returns at first... but haven't heard of any complaints for many months so as clubin says i think they're sorted now...i reckon a batch must have snuck thru that weren't hardened

so a quick blow of my own trumpet.... 2 major rampage achilles heels fixed by moi. tracked down steel gears for all and discovered tempering diff cups solves the constant breakage issue many suffered...without these 2 band aids most rampMT's would be sitting unused and broken in the corner including mine...yep I'll take credit where it's due..and while i was doing this someone else higher up the chain sat around it seems and did nothing to address the issues ...hmmmm... and of course i was properly thanked by this individual...NOT
Do you suppose there will be an upgrade kit with v3 parts? I have not heard of hy engines, are they better than cy?

Also, I am currently running the stock MT gears with Proline excavator tires and the gear ratio isn't right with this setup. Should I get the buggy steel gear set to fix this (29, 31, 25, 25 )?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Obeast44

Depending on what engine you run, if youve got a 29cc and up you can get by with the 29/31/25/25. Anything smaller and I would stick with 27/33/25/25 and lower
Old 03-14-2010, 11:48 PM
NitroBurn1

ORIGINAL: Obeast44

Depending on what engine you run, if youve got a 29cc and up you can get by with the 29/31/25/25. Anything smaller and I would stick with 27/33/25/25 and lower
I have a cy 29cc with Jetpro pipe on my Rampage MT. If I use 29/31/25/25 I would get more top end speed and if I use 27/33/25/25 I would get more bottom end power, is that correct? Are the 27/33 gears MCD?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 AM
mooman007uk

the 27/33 are MCD but himoto do make these in steel...they don't show them on the website but if you email Colin there he can send you them. i run a ported 30.5 and vrc but still use 27/33 for the excavators...if you're into speed then go for the 29/31 but bottom end will suffer some...i use 29/33 for 5B size wheels and tires like the badlands/hostiles etc and 25/35 for paddles in sand
The upgrade kit parts are already installed as they were in the V2.
HY is a clone of a clone[&:] so can't see it being better than a CY.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:03 AM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

the 27/33 are MCD but himoto do make these in steel...they don't show them on the website but if you email Colin there he can send you them. i run a ported 30.5 and vrc but still use 27/33 for the excavators...if you're into speed then go for the 29/31 but bottom end will suffer some...i use 29/33 for 5B size wheels and tires like the badlands/hostiles etc and 25/35 for paddles in sand
The upgrade kit parts are already installed as they were in the V2.
HY is a clone of a clone[&:] so can't see it being better than a CY.

Even if it isn't better than a CY and it is a 2 bolt, at the very least, you might be able to put an aftermarket head kit on it. I had a bought a head kit for my Firehammer MT before realizing I had a 3 bolt engine. That was quite disappointing.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:09 PM
clubin

Try getting a set of 23/26 MCD gears. For my Dune Runner, I am running 29/33/23/26. Good gear ratio with 5B tires/rims.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:44 PM
bbuzzard

I am going tot experiment more with the gear! But here's a vid with the 25/35/25/25 gearing chopping down a hill...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YoHYCiNDHw[/youtube]

Hit a boulder somewhere going up and mashed up the hing pin holder...fixed that and finished running soon after...that's a tough beast!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utFX84tY3rY[/youtube]
Old 04-11-2010, 12:53 AM
dealwithit
My Feedback: (55)

hmmmmm that seems like its going really slow?
Old 04-11-2010, 08:32 AM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dealwithit

He has it geared for torque.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:45 AM
bbuzzard

ORIGINAL: csp1971

ORIGINAL: dealwithit

He has it geared for torque.
You are correct sir! I will be messing with the gearing today...hopefully with some video

Old 04-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Dave ESPI

I work in a Hobby Shop.

I've bashed the electric and some the nitro stuff from redcat. Their 8th scale Rockcrawler is cool.
Obviously they are billed as "entry level", so the price is low, and repairs are bound to be needed sooner than later.

We are seriously considering carying the redcat line of gassers.

What parts should we stock that are a must have for breakages, and what is the most common?

It seems like gears, dif parts, and drivecups/ dogbones are most common issues.

Perhaps swaping out the plastic gears for metal ones would be a wise move before offering the car for sale as a pre-emptive strike to eleminate the 30 minute buyer remorse syndrome?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:00 AM
bentley marshall

i would stock & sell nutech cars .....you wont need to stock meny parts becouse they dont have the problems that redcats have
Old 04-26-2010, 02:50 AM
dealwithit
My Feedback: (55)

yes, setting up the car with steel gears and a simple 8k clutch spring would help it actually finish a few tanks of fuel before parts would probably be needed.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Obeast44

ORIGINAL: bentley marshall

i would stock & sell nutech cars .....you wont need to stock meny parts becouse they dont have the problems that redcats have
About like those diff cups you had huh? Ive gotta ask how much is Nutech paying you guys? It seems like every thread out there a few certain people keep pushing Nutechs. Im sure Nutechs arent having ANY issues either eh? Ive seen countless threads of people with problems disappear on that forum. I know they are new, but why even come into a Redcat Specific thread and say that ****?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:49 AM
roccos_van
My Feedback: (1)

About like those diff cups you had huh? Ive gotta ask how much is Nutech paying you guys? It seems like every thread out there a few certain people keep pushing Nutechs. Im sure Nutechs arent having ANY issues either eh? Ive seen countless threads of people with problems disappear on that forum. I know they are new, but why even come into a Redcat Specific thread and say that ****?
That is 100% not true.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 AM
bentley marshall

the drive cup problem has been fixed and new cups supplied free of charge ...lets see redcat do that
Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Obeast44

ORIGINAL: roccos_van

That is 100% not true.
Acutally its 100% true, albiet misleading after I have been told whats going on by someone that wishes to remain anonymous. Evidently they get put into a "testers" section thats not open to everyone, I wont even comment on that. So you can understand my perception of them disappearing. What I will say is this, and ive repeated it countless times. My Redcats have been nothing short of fantastic, yes they took work and money to get them reliable. With the vast amount of information compiled on what to do, its a pretty straight forward process. And for the price there isnt a better entry level 4wd largescale option out there. Nutechs arent even in the same price point, so comparisons would be moot. I will say I would love to snag a TB2 with the MT arms. Unfortunately the cost, and the fact that a few of the nutech regulars look down upon everyone from their make believe thrones turns me off to them.Redcat Vs Nutech...They are to completely different animals, even you should realize that.
Bentley, I also understand wanting to further the brand you prefer, I get that, we all do to some degree. But please at least have some class and show a little respect, by not jumping into a Redcat specific thread and bashing them.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:10 AM
bbuzzard

I've had my Dune Runner for over 6mos and haven't had any real problems. This is what I broke so far: the plastic gears (C+D), rear upper turnbuckle, the original body, rear spoiler, front left steer hub and that's it...[8D]

All cheap to replace and had my parts within a week.

I must be lucky, eh?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Nutech GmbH

Hi Obeast 44,

" Ive gotta ask how much is Nutech paying you guys? ".

The answer is "NO". but you come to nutech froum to promote your redcat cars, May I know who pay for you to do that?

And I remember one guy asked me to sponsor him , but we did not offer to him, maybe he is angry now? post negative things to Nutech?

I don't want to bring problems between Redcat and Nutech on public, but please I do wish you not to insult Nutech again.

PS. If people praised Nutech and we all pay for them, I think i Must be a very rich man, because you can found more and more end users enjoy their Nutechs.

Thank You

Nutech Racing

Old 04-27-2010, 10:04 PM
bbuzzard

Can we get back on topic? IMO, the Nutechs and Redcats are apples and oranges so ya'll can keep this negativity in PM's to each other! [:@]
Old 04-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Obeast44

ORIGINAL: Nutech GmbH

Hi Obeast 44,

'' Ive gotta ask how much is Nutech paying you guys? ''.

The answer is ''NO''. but you come to nutech froum to promote your redcat cars, May I know who pay for you to do that?

And I remember one guy asked me to sponsor him , but we did not offer to him, maybe he is angry now? post negative things to Nutech?

I don't want to bring problems between Redcat and Nutech on public, but please I do wish you not to insult Nutech again.

PS. If people praised Nutech and we all pay for them, I think i Must be a very rich man, because you can found more and more end users enjoy their Nutechs.

Thank You

Nutech Racing

Actually not once I have jumped into a Nutech thread and said not to buy them, nor have I bashed on them. They are fine machines, just like the Redcat. What I do have a problem with is Nutech forum mods and people obviously affiliated with Nutech bash on Redcats. Then in the next sentence they say get a Nutech in a Redcat specific thread. When did I promote my Redcat on the Nutech forums, thats news to me. The only thing I recall doing there was try and buy 46Us TBII Pro Race tester. Yes I tried getting a TBII from you guys at a lower price to take to some Baja events to get the name out there. I actually was offered a substantially reduced price on a TBII Pro race by one of the US Distibutors. Unfortuantely by the time that happened my Nutech TBII budget had been alocated elsewhere(OBR Zen Full Mod 30.5). Im not bashing Nutech by any means, every new RC is going to have issues. Heck MCDs STILL go through diffs like a hot knife through butter. I will say you guys are very active in listening to your customers, not once have I said otherwise. Nor have I ever said they werent a good RC. The problem I have is the way Bentley and a few others jumped into a Redcat thread bashing on them.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:08 AM
roccos_van

ORIGINAL: roccos_van

That is 100% not true.
Acutally its 100% true, albiet misleading after I have been told whats going on by someone that wishes to remain anonymous. Evidently they get put into a ''testers'' section thats not open to everyone, I wont even comment on that. So you can understand my perception of them disappearing. What I will say is this, and ive repeated it countless times. My Redcats have been nothing short of fantastic, yes they took work and money to get them reliable. With the vast amount of information compiled on what to do, its a pretty straight forward process. And for the price there isnt a better entry level 4wd largescale option out there. Nutechs arent even in the same price point, so comparisons would be moot. I will say I would love to snag a TB2 with the MT arms. Unfortunately the cost, and the fact that a few of the nutech regulars look down upon everyone from their make believe thrones turns me off to them.Redcat Vs Nutech...They are to completely different animals, even you should realize that.
Bentley, I also understand wanting to further the brand you prefer, I get that, we all do to some degree. But please at least have some class and show a little respect, by not jumping into a Redcat specific thread and bashing them.
Actually it is 100% NOT TRUE.

Here is a thread I started with a problem. As you can see it has not dissapeared. http://www.nutechracingforum.com/vb/...read.php?t=824

BTW - I owned a redcat v2 for over a year so I know what they need and or don't need to be 'reliable'.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Obeast44

I never said all of them Roccos, just some of them do. I have been told that they get moved to the testers section, because those issues were on tester vehicles.Once again, it looks like threads with issues were getting deleted. I never said you didnt know about Redcats, and I apologize to you. My last response where I quoted you wasnt aimed at you, it was aimed more so towards Bentley.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
roccos_van

I never said all of them Roccos, just some of them do. I have been told that they get moved to the testers section, because those issues were on tester vehicles.Once again, it looks like threads with issues were getting deleted. I never said you didnt know about Redcats, and I apologize to you. My last response where I quoted you wasnt aimed at you, it was aimed more so towards Bentley.
Fair enough. And you don't need to apologize we are all expressing our opinions - yours is just as good as mine. I still like redcats as well fyi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.