Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Suspension for FG MT5 and other ?s

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Suspension for FG MT5 and other ?s

Old 02-24-2010, 11:31 PM
rezac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension for FG MT5 and other ?s

What is the best fix for the stock shocks on the FG? They have no rebound at all. Should I put a certain weight oil in them or do you pretty much need to get different shocks all together to cure the problem? Also, are there any adjustable front a arms? The tires are so tilted, I can't remember if that is castor or camber or whatever. They are aligned and point straight ahead but they are slanted, the insides of the tires are barely touching the ground. I need a way to pull the top of the tires towards the truck and a way to push the bottom of them away from the truck to even them out and get them flat on the ground.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 PM
fourwheeler

Default RE: Suspension for FG MT5 and other ?s

I can't help with your front end problems but when I had an FG MT I ran 30wt silicone oil in the shocks and it made a huge improvement. Much smoother shock action on rough terrain.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:33 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may have bent the bolts in your upgrights, that'll mess up your camber really nicely. It's one of the weak points on the MT5, couple good rollovers and you can tweak the bolts that go through the arm into the hub.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:35 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

the stock shox just sux,im ordering some adjustable ones from uk
Old 02-26-2010, 01:21 AM
rezac

I haven't even run the MT5 yet. I got it from the hobby shop used. It is really sweet. I will be running it tomorrow after I put the new shock oil in.