Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Nitro size air by nutech MMT

Old 02-27-2010, 11:22 AM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro size air by nutech MMT

This deserves a thread on it's own , check out this huge air, gas jockey (Scott owner of Vancouver hobbies) at the controls of his Nutech MMT, stock with stock cy26 and just a modded boat pipe.

I have to ask can your FG or MCD do this and keep going...I doubt it..if you think so get out and get us some vid to see. gauntlet is down now for all including me so i have to get my truck flying to beat that unfortunately i had a pinion bearing failure at the weekend that ended up stripping my ring gear so was out of the game and reduced to camera guy

there was a tiny bit of damage as you will see

[link]http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/mooman007/nutech%20rc/?action=view&current=Movie.flv[/link]
Old 02-27-2010, 12:09 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitro size air by nutech MMT

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

This deserves a thread on it's own , check out this huge air, gas jockey (Scott owner of Vancouver hobbies) at the controls of his Nutech MMT, stock with stock cy26 and just a modded boat pipe.

I have to ask can your FG or MCD do this and keep going...I doubt it..if you think so get out and get us some vid to see. gauntlet is down now for all including me so i have to get my truck flying to beat that unfortunately i had a pinion bearing failure at the weekend that ended up stripping my ring gear so was out of the game and reduced to camera guy

[link]http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/mooman007/nutech%20rc/?action=view&current=Movie.flv[/link]
Dude that was wicked and it's hauling the mail...lets see that pipe and if you guy's get a chance make a good clean smooth jumping ramp. And that was 4x4 correct? Thanks
Old 02-27-2010, 11:25 PM
mradlin

That's a great vid!! Gas Jockey is a maniac!!

Any damage after all of that?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Ron E

awesome video of 5th scale major air... wow that nuetech is fast and tough.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:15 PM
DarkFire989

Nice vid. But my friends FG doubles that height at least at monster truck shows and keeps on moving without breaks[&:]
Old 03-01-2010, 10:32 AM
mooman007uk

I've seen fg's get big air...is your buddies stock? all I'm trying to show here is how tough these trucks are out the box, if you have $1000 to spend on a 4wd and if you bash pretty hard but don't want to spend time and money fixing your rig all the time then these are the trucks for you

i went out yesterday and hit that heap but the last landing bent my chassis and cage...popped the end of a shock off too...not bad considering the impact really...hopefully now i have that jump out of my system

[link]http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/mooman007/nutech%20rc/?action=view&current=MOV01385.flv[/link]
Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 AM
DarkFire989

The only thing hes changed is his rear lower A arms. Everything else is stock suspension wise. His machine shop made custom A arms.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:03 PM
roccos_van
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

Nice vid. But my friends FG doubles that height at least at monster truck shows and keeps on moving without breaks[&:]
Wow that's great, how about a video like mooman has done...[&:]
Old 03-01-2010, 06:25 PM
DarkFire989

The video is being worked on right now. We do shows at Monster Jam events.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:34 PM
dc2 man
Banned

i think to be fair its a lot of damage for one jump outing moo.......
Old 03-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Nutech GmbH

MR 2,

What are you talking about? [sm=50_50.gif]
Old 03-01-2010, 11:06 PM
mooman007uk

upon strip down tonight the only nutech part i really need is a shock end did break 2 mount tabs off the fuel tank but there's still enough to be ok, ..after taking off my cage the chassis bow disappeared...rear end where the diff mounts is slightly tweaked but easily straightened...so i beat on my pipe and cage so all looks sweet, bit of final tweaking when it goes back together..so not really any damage for one jump outing really, and it was only the last bad landing that ended my day...so all considering I was pleasantly surprised.
If you think that's alot of damage for one outing Dan launch your "Cleon Beetle" WOT 10ft in the air and land on solid ground and tell me how much damage you incur
Old 03-02-2010, 01:07 AM
willclark77
My Feedback: (2)

Great vids!  Keep them coming.  I'm glad I'm not the only person who sees a mound of dirt and refuses to stop until parts break. 
Old 03-02-2010, 03:53 AM
dc2 man
Banned

ORIGINAL: Nutech GmbH

MR 2,

im taliking about a lot of damage as moo specified for one outing, is it ok to express an honest opinion lol

he said he bent chassis,snapped an a-arm,stripped rear diff, and whatever else.

it did take a bashing,but one session?

i myself thought it would be stronger,thats a lot of damage.....

it sure took a beating though!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:15 AM
Nutech Racing

LOL!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:19 AM
Nutech Racing

upon strip down tonight the only nutech part i really need is a shock end did break 2 mount tabs off the fuel tank but there's still enough to be ok, ..after taking off my cage the chassis bow disappeared...rear end where the diff mounts is slightly tweaked but easily straightened...so i beat on my pipe and cage so all looks sweet, bit of final tweaking when it goes back together..so not really any damage for one jump outing really, and it was only the last bad landing that ended my day...so all considering I was pleasantly surprised.
If you think that's alot of damage for one outing Dan launch your ''Cleon Beetle'' WOT 10ft in the air and land on solid ground and tell me how much damage you incur
Moo,

How many tanks you run the MT? how many jump and crash until now? It's time to spend some sapres?

Chris
Old 03-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Nutech Racing

ORIGINAL: dc2 man

ORIGINAL: Nutech GmbH

MR 2,

im taliking about a lot of damage as moo specified for one outing, is it ok to express an honest opinion lol

he said he bent chassis,snapped an a-arm,stripped rear diff, and whatever else.

it did take a bashing,but one session?

i myself thought it would be stronger,thats a lot of damage.....[img][/img]

it sure took a beating though!

MR.2 ,

I remember you post on other thread that you sepnd about 6000usd to upgrade your "Elcon " Beetle, and you broke many parts at first run, is it right? [X(]

If you would like to compare with a 6k usd modified and a 1k usd out of box Monster Truck, maybe your 6k beetle is tougher.

I think its fair to say that Moo's Mega Monster already abused over 4 months, its time to spend few dollar to replace parts, no car won't break, it depends how you drive your car.

Chris
Old 03-02-2010, 05:28 AM
Nutech Racing

Scott is a very nice driver! nice video![8D]

Old 03-02-2010, 10:26 AM
dc2 man
Banned

chris

i was just innocently saying that he broke a lot of parts in that outing and bashed it pretty hard..

i am not saying its a week model in any way shape or form.

when i first got my fg beetle i had to spend so much money to get it running....

that megamonster looks very tough!

dont think the worst always about peoples comments,if people cant say something about a video why am i on the forums.

i dont b.s
Old 03-02-2010, 10:38 AM
dc2 man
Banned

i spend money on my fg after 3-4 years running,never at the start........maybe after 6 months (honestly) it all broke up but it got a big hammering before then,months of abuse.

chris,im not cutting the megamonster (i still want one)

i just said he broke a lot of parts in that outing "innocently" but hey HE DID BASH THE HELL OUT OF IT lol

it does look mega tough!

im sure if i junped my elcon that high it would rip apart.

the only problem i honestly have with nutech is the diff gears,thats it........but HEY these are still TESTING MODELS

now thats impressive.

please dont read too much in to the comments,im just an honest guy!

now as regards to moo and gas jockey you have set the bar with "the jumps" alright!
Old 03-02-2010, 11:22 AM
mooman007uk

been running my MT for a while now, about 3 gallons, it's not had an easy life as a test rig.
like anything parts will need to be replaced as they wear out...nothing built lasts for ever unless it sits on a shelf, but as GJ says the amount of abuse to parts failure ratio is amazingly good...this is the toughest truck i've owned or seen out the box and tougher than multi thousand dollar rides too that I've seen or owned
...complete strip down last night revealed the total damage

1. cage a bit bent...straightened with a hammer and vice...cost of repair...zero
2. chassis after cage was removed only tweaked at the rear end,,hammer time again..cost of repair...zero
3. pipe manifold bent...needs heat and hammer to straighten...cost of repair will be zero as will hammering the header round again from oval
4. broke 2 rear mount tabs off the fuel tank...still has enough to hold it in place so cost of repair ...zero
5. rear stock cage plastic wing mount/bumper...broken beyond repair so either make a steel one or buy a new cage to hack up...cost about $24
6. one shock end pulled off the threads..still reusable with a bit of epoxy but seeing as they're pennies i'll get a new one

so IMO that's very,very little damage for the amount of tumbles, size of impact of the last jump, speed and height... about $25 worth and a bit of my time

I think that speaks volumes for the MMT's durability as the only nutech parts to break were tank tabs, shock end and rear cage/wing mount....
Old 03-02-2010, 11:36 AM
dc2 man
Banned

what people expect & want, is "tough" not fairly tough. (regardless of price)

i can see nutech building the ultimate,which maybe will cost a little more in time but hey isnt it worth it for the ULTIMATE toughest monster model.???

people dont want something that breaks at all FULL STOP.... its too soon to need parts.

i think after seen you vid moo its like the others it falls apart.

i think NUTECH can build the ultimate monster though,good that these are just testers!

what you lot think,more r&d.......

i dont know about megamonster title maybe "GOOD MONSTER" OR "MILDMONSTER"

PEOPLE can bash me for being this honest,i will be,NUTECH should be on TOP,so they should perspire to build the toughest mt available,I THINK THEY CAN.......

people do NOT want what i had to do for a relibale product,spending in excess of 7-8thousand to do so.

lads in honesty its tougher than most but NOT YET tough enough.

IMO
Old 03-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Nutech Racing

ORIGINAL: dc2 man

chris

i was just innocently saying that he broke a lot of parts in that outing and bashed it pretty hard..

i am not saying its a week model in any way shape or form.

when i first got my fg beetle i had to spend so much money to get it running....

that megamonster looks very tough!

dont think the worst always about peoples comments,if people cant say something about a video why am i on the forums.

i dont b.s
Mr.2,

just like what you said, i am telling the truth you posted on other thread that your 6K USD beetle broken so many parts,and if you think a straight out of box 1K model after 3 gallan and over 100 jumps and abused 4 monthz Truck only broke some parts to replace then you call it lots of broken parts, of coure i can say your 6K beetle broken lots too!

Dont get angry, i am only telling the truth i like your 6k+ beetle, but i do think you spent over 6k usd on it but still broken lots, is it worth?

Old 03-02-2010, 12:14 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hell no im not angry.

my elcon fg was worth double the money cause now i could run it through a wall and it wouldnt break..

this is what i want to express.

moo has bashed this hard and showed to the world that parts break,and they break on a regular basis...

NOW that nutech knows the faults,go and improve,built the ULTIMATE..........INCREASE the price if needs be but HEY at least we will all know what you have built then,i think its these bloody screws & pins and diffs that are the weekest point in any model.

me if anybody would love to see nutech with the best models.

i think you lads are very close to it.

but the diffs and screws and stuff that moo pointed out needs to be addressed.......

NUTECH bring on the ultimate R/C

cause i know you can.

i wouldnt mind paying out big money if i got something incredible.

people are tired of doing too many repairs for little run time.

in all honesty!

Old 03-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Nutech Racing

MR 2,

I want to see your 6k+ beetle hit the wall and wont break videos!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.