Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

5th scale ELECTRIC ALL LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Clayton420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5th scale ELECTRIC ALL LOOK

Hi everybody i stumbled across this site, http://www.engagerc.com

they have many different 1/5 scale gas and 1/5 scale electric as well as 1/4 scale r/c trucks

can i get some feed back about these or opinions on the 1/5 scale conversion kits they make for the HPI baja's
once more the site is engagerc or http://www.engagerc.com copy and paste the link to go there

thanks in advance for the reply.

im interested in them but not sure if they are the crappy XRCchinese made r/c stuff.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Clayton420

Default RE: 5th scale ELECTRIC ALL LOOK

i may end up buying one of the baja kits the rtr combo they have for sale just wanna make sure this place aint sketchy or the models they sell rather...
Old 03-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please, do a search on engage rc here on the forum before you buy anything, and have a look at his posts/threads. It does not invite me to buy anything to put it that way...
Old 03-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Clayton420

Old 03-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Clayton420

Old 03-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Clayton420

the one and only reason why im thinking electric  is because on the military base they have set rules about things
and im not trying to piss off my superiors if you get what im saying.
 otherwise yea id stick with gas as the 2-stroke non-nitro motors simply last forever.

after reading all of the posts about king motors and the clone rc-cars
so far ive seen that the clone rc-cars are hundreds of dollars less than HPI  or other brand name 5th scale's

howeverthat comes at the cost of cheaply made parts that havent been fieldtested to determine what building materials to make the parts with soto make the parts last.
and the clones offer little if not any customer suppport for thier products.
( i read thier return policy at engage, there is none)    very BAD!!!

the initial cost is less but the end game cost is close having the clones still a little bit better price wise.
howevergood customer service alone is worth in my honest opinion atleast200-300 dollars which then would set the clones and the brand name 5thscale pretty much at the exact same price...

just the same  I STAND BY AMERICAN MADE!!!   and if at all possible will support my country rather than a communist country

next. does hpi or other brand names offer a roller setup as i wont be needingthem otor.  or is there a person whod buy the motor off me if i did buya fully built t-1000 or baja?  as im not sure if they sell  rollers.
I'd be willing to crate the motor up the second i unbox the car and ship the motor out to a buyer...

im trying to offset the cost.

CASTLECREATIONS within the year will have a 5th scale brushless setup for HPI5th scale R/C's and will buy thier setup rather than the
commy 'ssetup.  ( thier 5th scale brushless motor is a no-name unknown build) 170+  USD, that leaves a foul taste in my mouth not so easy to go bangthier door down and demand a refund  heh

can anybody steer me in the right direction as to where  i can pick up a roller....

your comments one way or another are welcomed  as long as they are constructive.