Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

She is coming....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She is coming....

just placed my order for a Nutech Mega Monster with no Tx/Rx with Scott from ZG RC. Sweet deal! Thanks Scott!
Now time to clean up, repair, and prep my Revo for sale
Maybe my 1/18th scale nitro Xray truggy and car too...
And maybe my MMGT 3.0
And maybe my Losi Speed NT too... Nah I think i need an asphalt basher so I'll keep this one 100ft power slides/skid marks are too fun to let go
Old 03-22-2010, 01:52 PM
clubin

Default RE: She is coming....

Congrats, you'll enjoy it.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Sherv

She is here! I'll post pics soon. Thanks again Scott from ZG RC, fast response, good prices, and fast shipping!~
I've seen FG MTs and Firehammers but for some reason this nutech felt bigger. It is large! Also the ford truck body looks like a toy on Nutechs website..... But in person the truck body looks good! It looks really small in the pictures and the paint scheme makes it look like a tonka/kids mini clone toy for like bob the builder. I'll work out a nice paint scheme to prove my point. The stock body looks good!
Also I'm going to scan the entire decal sheet and redo all the decals to look more realistic to the Ford truck its modeled after plus real ford badge.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:06 PM
clubin

Comon, pictures. Please? Lets see that clean model.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:27 PM
roccos_van

I just got mine on Monday...this is a really awesome truck! (I haven't painted my body yet but I tossed on a rampage body in the meantime)

LOOK AT THOSE SHOCKS!!! (Someone needs to post a pic beside a baja shock)

Old 03-26-2010, 09:22 PM
mooman007uk

looking good bud even with the pig body, shame they are about as tough as rice paper[&:]
Old 03-26-2010, 09:31 PM
pwaicon

Be careful what you say Moo you might get banned, oops I forgot never mind.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:41 PM
clubin

pwaicon made a funny. LOL

That looks good! Enjoy the Nutech.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Sherv

I'm let down
The throttle servo died within the first 8min and the steering is worse than a tractor. The steering servo is just too weak. I am SO glad I ordered the killer bee with next day shipping before I ran this truck.. It saved my ass today because the throttle servo goes to wot and keeps twitching at wot. I'm let down because tomorrow I wanted to run with my buddies and the weather will be nice for the weekend.
Any good replacement servos with metal gears, cheap, and reliable? I'm looking at hitec mg servos. I'm going to check and see if the hobby town 20min from me has any 1/4th scale servos or this other local hobby shop. Most shops around me only carry 1/8-1/10th parts.
I might even go futaba... I wonder why futaba servos are so cheap...

I;m eyeing this
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXYUM6&P=ML

for steering and something fast for throttle so I can have my nice pulsating brakes. gonna use the discount I get from tower hobbies membership.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:34 PM
DarkFire989

Yeah thats a great servo for steering.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Nitromarc3
My Feedback: (30)

how and where can I get one please let me know
Thanks nitromarc
Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

zerogravity is a dealer of nutech.
say goodbye to nitro!!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:39 AM
rckiwi

Just get 2 x Hitec HS-5755MG for steering and throttle/brake I have been using one in my TB2 Pro car since they first come out and just as good as the more expensive Rhino digi-4
Old 04-01-2010, 03:22 AM
roccos_van

Ditch the factory servos and get a couple of hitecs. Thats what i have and they won't let you down and have a good warranty too,
Old 04-01-2010, 04:42 AM
Sherv

Yea i decided on 5755 on steering and 5745 on throttle/brakes. Going to order as soon as possible after I call the LHSs near me today.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:27 PM
elven wizard

Reminds me of my LST2 with those big tires and shocks, Ford body[sm=thumbs_up.gif]. Give it a good running and let us know what you think of it.

Elven Wizard
Old 04-01-2010, 11:39 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: Sherv

I'm let down
The throttle servo died within the first 8min and the steering is worse than a tractor. The steering servo is just too weak. I am SO glad I ordered the killer bee with next day shipping before I ran this truck.. It saved my ass today because the throttle servo goes to wot and keeps twitching at wot. I'm let down because tomorrow I wanted to run with my buddies and the weather will be nice for the weekend.
Any good replacement servos with metal gears, cheap, and reliable? I'm looking at hitec mg servos. I'm going to check and see if the hobby town 20min from me has any 1/4th scale servos or this other local hobby shop. Most shops around me only carry 1/8-1/10th parts.

I;m eyeing this

for steering and something fast for throttle so I can have my nice pulsating brakes. gonna use the discount I get from tower hobbies membership.
What ? I am sorry to hear that bud wish you would have emailed or chatted me I would have taken care of that right away, what servos were in it I have to start checking these all now I was told I was getting the 15kg Smartech servos instead of the 18kg servos as they were having to many problems with them let me know if they have Smartech stickers on the servos or not, shoot me a PM with your info and I will make it right for your down time and having to buy better servos.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 04-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Sherv

ORIGINAL: zerogravityrc

ORIGINAL: Sherv

I'm let down

I;m eyeing this

What ? I am sorry to hear that bud wish you would have emailed or chatted me I would have taken care of that right away, what servos were in it I have to start checking these all now I was told I was getting the 15kg Smartech servos instead of the 18kg servos as they were having to many problems with them let me know if they have Smartech stickers on the servos or not, shoot me a PM with your info and I will make it right for your down time and having to buy better servos.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

Thanks Scott! You are the best! BTW I need to send you a PM. I discovered something in my box :P
TBH I am used to stock servos failing on me. Only had 2 seize on me the fist few tanks and i've had 4 of them within the first gallon that physically got disconnected from the servos pcb. Shoddy soldering!! This happened with associated and traxxas servos. I will send you a pm about the servos, UPS says I should get them today
Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 AM
zmc racing

Nice, put some videos when you have