Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Firehammer spark plug

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 12:31 PM
bhcvc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firehammer spark plug

I need a new spark plug for my FH MT since I fouled the plug by running too much oil in my mix. Tower doesn't seem to carry the NGK plug for the FH anymore, but based on the P/N that Tower recommends for the DTX 23cc engine NGK CMR7H or CHAMPION RZ7C spark plug, there are several options based on P/N only:

HPI CMR7H Spark Plug Baja 5B/5T
Zenoah Spark Plug CMR7H G260PUM
Zenoah Spark Plug RZ7C G260PUM

Will any of these work? Are the HPI NGK and Zenoah NGK plugs the same exact plug?
And is there any advantage to the NGK plugs over the Champion plugs (performance, durability, etc.)?

Thanks.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:28 PM
bentley marshall

Default RE: Firehammer spark plug

use a NGK CMR7H you should be able to ger them from any automotive shop or lawn mower shop they are not just made for rc cars ....

the CHAMPION RZ7C spark plug is not as good has been knowen to come apart and wreck engines ......i think the pum engines come with the ngk plug now ...
Old 04-24-2010, 02:56 PM
jigawatt

the CMR7H plugs are the same, they just throw their companies name in front of it.

According to a post from DDM Dave, the RZ7C came stock in zenoahs. They are, however, more expensive. He also states that the CMR7H is similar in performance, but is also cheaper.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:03 PM
frumpy

Here's a reference chart for the plug letters and #'s

http://www.spark-plugs.co.uk/pages/technical/ngkjpg.htm
Old 04-24-2010, 10:18 PM
bhcvc

Thanks guys! I'll try my local Kragen since they're really close. Hopefully they're cheaper than Tower ($11-$13 per plug).
Old 04-24-2010, 10:30 PM
jigawatt

they'll easily be cheaper than tower... most places are. if they want 11-13 for a champion... then yikes!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:10 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: bentley marshall

use a NGK CMR7H you should be able to ger them from any automotive shop or lawn mower shop they are not just made for rc cars ....

the CHAMPION RZ7C spark plug is not as good has been knowen to come apart and wreck engines ......i think the pum engines come with the ngk plug now ...

they also sell these type of plugs I noticed @ menards for only 3.50 that is a steal... and I think autozone can get them for you also..