Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

New 1/4 - 1/8 track New York dirt & Asphalt

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New 1/4 - 1/8 track New York dirt & Asphalt

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 PM
JHL1963
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 1/4 - 1/8 track New York dirt & Asphalt

Guys, I have been searching for a place to run 1/4 scale in the tri-state NY area for the past few weeks. Today I met with the new owners of the Oakland Valley Race Park kart/motorcross facility located at:

www.ovrp.com

305 Oakland Valley Rd
Cuddebackville, NY 12729

It is located within a two hour drive from New York City, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Philadelphia.

They were VERY receptive to the idea and unlike many of the 1/4 midget tracks, they appeared willing to work something out to make it happen. As you can see in the pics, they have a 1/5th mile dirt track and an area of the kart course that could be used as an oval (I do not know the exact dimensions, but it certainly appeared to be a nice size for 1/4).

To that end, I wanted to pass the word around and if anybody has interest in running in this area please let me know! The facility has bathrooms, snack bar, electric and full lighting etc etc. I can't say enough nice things about the owners - Peter and Tim Hannen.

If we garner enough interest, they are interested in several of us coming up with some cars to figure out the best portion of the asphalt and/or the dirt track to use. Seems like some 1/8th and 1/5 Baja classes would work as well. If that works, then I would try to work with QSAC to make it a sanctioned track.

But, before I get ahead of myself....lets see a show of hands!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	To44285.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1432006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14749.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1432007  
Attached Images