Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

MB Pro -> Marder?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 01:13 PM
tizdaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MB Pro -> Marder?

hi guys

What would be needed to fit a Marder shell onto my MB Pro chassis, im not gunna be chainging the wheels or gearing will be keeping the bigfoot rims/tires on , just want to have the option of fitting a Marder shell as & when i feel like ^^

Is the roll cage the same for both models, looking at exploded diagram they are except the Marder doesnt have the front end of the roll cage like the MB Pro does so id just need to remove the front part of roll cage?

im guessing body mounts too would need to be changed?

..seems id also need new smaller shocks, but i would want to keep the 2x shock setup for each wheel as on the MB Pro! but the front shock tower for the marder is only for 1 shock per wheel, how could i get around this?

Any info much appreciated, ta

Daz
Old 05-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MB Pro -> Marder?

You need to take off the side panels in aluminium and replace them with [link=http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail&wkid=6926&ls=e&nc=1273346966-6926&rubnum=&artnum=fg_6011&file=&gesamt_zeilen=0Tsucheside%20marder]these[/link] to get the side mounts for the Marder body. Seems like it is enough to remove the front rollcage.

But the big question is the front shock tower and if the body will fit between, i don't know if these are the same on the Marder and the MB Pro I can't find exploded views for the MB, only for the Marder.

MB/MB Pro tower:

Marder tower:

Old 05-08-2010, 09:38 PM
tizdaz

hiya m8

ta for info, aye im prob gunna have to get the marder shock tower & only have 1 shock on the front like the marder, will have to see, gunna order the parts next weke sometime
Old 05-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Lars from Norway

As i could see from the site i was linking to the shocks have the same length on both Marder and MB, so i guess the towers have the same height, just another shape. But don't quote me on this!
Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 AM
-barcelona-

The Marder has shorter front shocks than the Monster Beetle/Truck.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Lars from Norway

Ok, thank you for correcting me. I maybe got confused with front and rear shocks when i was searching for it. So there you have the first problem tizdaz, or challenge as i like to call it
Old 05-11-2010, 12:01 PM
tizdaz

i want to fit 4x shocks (2 for each wheel like on the MB Pro/MT) would this be possible?

like i say, my chassis is the MB Pro so the front end is built for 4x shocks, so i defo need a marder shock mount as its smaller, but after getting the shock mount & smaller shocks, would the shocks just fit straight on then or?

cheers again guys
Old 05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
-barcelona-

I think you can only use one shock per wheel if using the Marder shock tower. Also the Marder body will not fit if you use the MB tower.

You want to have your cake and eat it. In this case I don't think you can..
To hell with 8 shocks.. The Marder handles better with just 4 in my experience. Just put in some much lighter shock oil.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Lars from Norway

On the Marder the shock mounts are a bit off center compared to the MB shock mounts, and also the A-arms are designed to have (on Marder) one shock in the center and (on MB) two shocks in both front and rear of the A-arm, you see? So maybe you have to change the A-arms too to get to use one shock on each side. And therefore you can't fit two shocks on each side on the front. Hope you understand what i am thinking!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:36 PM
tizdaz

ta for info guys

Lars from Norway im with ya dude, i know wot your saying & it had crossed my mind , maybe if i put some spacers on the shock mount then it may work with the 2x shock setup \o/ ?
Old 05-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Lars from Norway

Good, sometimes i feel like i am not getting understood, but i hope my norwenglish is good enough

It might work out, but i don't know. I think i have a MB shock mount, but of course i don't have the MB A-arms to compare with,only the Marders. It is always easier too see in real life you know