Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Baja exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Phill86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja exhaust

Hi.
My baja 5b ss has an aliminium tuned pipe whch is loud.
I need to tone it down a bit but also want to keep performance. Please could someone recomend an exhaust that is quieter but still good on performance. I do have the muffler that i belive is for my tuned pipe. Does this make a big difference and what is the power loss.
Thank you.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Mr Terminator

Default RE: Baja exhaust

Unfortunately there isn't much in the way of options for quiet tuned pipes,the quietest i've heard is the Mielke side pipe,whatever you get it'll be loud.The stock muffler is a real power sapper and the difference changing to one of those would be really noticeable,well it was to me,I too use the HPI SS tuned pipe and find it great apart from its a little on the fragile side,i'm upgrading soon to the DDM Silenced rear Dominator,still loud but not quite as loud as the unsilenced version..
Old 05-24-2010, 04:55 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Jetpro makes silencer kits for or their exhausts, they even have some built in.
I recommend you stay on grass as much as you can. It's the easiest way to reduce your engines noise. Playing on dirt or asphalt only helps the sound travel further.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.1751/.f

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.7069/.f

take your pic!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Phill86

Many thanks for the info and links, will stay on grass and maybe get a new pipe.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:35 PM
CTDave
My Feedback: (1)

If you want to spend just a little get the 5t can way quietier and still plenty of power.I was running one and loved it,I got a logistics in a trake and I'm trying it out,it is also quietier and decent power.Both are very well protected inside the roll cage.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:06 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

The mielke side pipe is the quietest pipe that I've heard so far. I don't have any experience with the silenced jet pro pipes, but I do have the silenced victory rc pipe. The victory silenced pipe still gives really good performance and is relatively quiet.

So, in conclusion, the quiet pipes I would recommend from my own personal experience:

Mielke side pipe = Very Quiet, OK power, cheaper
Victory RC side pipe = Good Power, quiet compared to its unsilenced version, more expensive

Again, I haven't messed with the jet pro pipes at all, so I can't speak for or against them. I'm sure they're pretty good too.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Freezetron

I've heard nothing good about the Mielke pipe from peeps. So far from my experience, the 5T can is hard to beat noise/performance/cost wise. I run mine with an extension as I got sick of all the exhaust crap getting over my chassis

Old 05-27-2010, 03:23 AM
Phill86

Thanks for the pics great idea.