Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HB tires any good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 09:50 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HB tires any good?

Today's DDM deal of the day is the HB proto and HB kaos tires. I've never heard of these tires before and was wondering if anybody has used them, and what they think of the tires.

Also, what does HB stand for? Is that Hot Bodies, or a completely different company?
Old 05-30-2010, 05:52 AM
clubin

Default RE: HB tires any good?

HB is hot bodies, I haven't tried the tires, but for 20.00 it'd be worth it.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:42 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered both styles...will let you know once I run them.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:14 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

that is a great deal keep us updated on these tires..cause i want our hobby shop to stock them then..
Old 06-21-2010, 10:12 AM
bbuzzard

I am mounting a pair on the baja this week...stay tuned
Old 07-05-2010, 10:10 PM
bbuzzard

So far, these tires are waaaaay better than my Pro-line's. I ran the Khaos tires on asphalt, dirt and rocks and they have little wear after 1.5 tanks! I am about to mount the other set to see how they run once I get some more wheels.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:16 PM
cheezer1222

Thanks for keeping us updated. I have to admit that I almost completely forgot about these tires, but I'm glad you brought it up again. Maybe, if you have a chance, you could post up a picture or two of them mounted on your vehicle.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:40 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: cheezer1222

Thanks for keeping us updated. I have to admit that I almost completely forgot about these tires, but I'm glad you brought it up again. Maybe, if you have a chance, you could post up a picture or two of them mounted on your vehicle.

I would also like to see them mounted up
Old 11-21-2010, 12:58 PM
cheezer1222

DDM Deal of the day had the HB Kaos tires on sale not too long ago. I picked up two pairs to give them a shot and see if they're any good. In the pictures below you will see a pair mounted on desperado(?) rims with hostile zero growth foams (not that knowing that matters a whole lot). I can't give a really good review on them as I've only ran them for a little while, but I have to say they definitely feel like a much softer compound than I'm used to (most of my tires are hostiles). I'm not sure what this will mean for durability. I'm hoping they don't wear out as fast as my stock baja tires, but I'm not holding my breath. I thought that maybe the softer compound would mean better grip on pavement, but I really haven't seen much improvement over the hostiles that I normally run, and these tires definitely don't have very good traction in grass. I haven't been able to test them on a dirt track, but my guess is that the track is where you would probably see the best performance with these tires, not to say that they'd outperform a more expensive track tire, but they'd probably do ok. No matter what the case ends up being, at $20/pair I'm not gonna complain too much. Worst case scenario, they'll make for a good beater tire until they're bald.

DDM Pic

P.S. if the images are too large I can resize them. Also, I just snapped a few photos quick, so if you need to see a different angle, or closer up, I can do that as well.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:40 PM
bbuzzard

I just mounted the HB Protos and hope to run them tomorrow(couldn't get my beast started today). I agree that the Khaos tires aren't the best for grassy areas. The Protos have a much more aggressive tread pattern.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:27 PM
morespeed

i agree with bbuzard the khaos are not for grass. couple shots of mine with khaos front and back. love them for racing only. yep they are on my 5t.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:31 AM
cheezer1222

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

I just mounted the HB Protos and hope to run them tomorrow(couldn't get my beast started today). I agree that the Khaos tires aren't the best for grassy areas. The Protos have a much more aggressive tread pattern.
When the Protos show up on deal of the day again, I'll probably pick up a pair or two. You'll have to let me know how you like them once you get your car running again.