Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Ebay FG Seller Fraud - NOW - Warning !

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Ebay FG Seller Fraud - NOW - Warning !

Old 07-21-2010, 08:13 PM
elven wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay FG Seller Fraud - NOW - Warning !

Watch out 1/5 scale fans if your thinking of buying a 1/5 scale rc. I am advising to stay away from this deal. Before I go into detail usually I have good luck with ebay. Even from zero feedback sellers or from sellers that are below the 98.0 percent group so sometimes it's a crap shoot and I have gotten bad items from 100 percent feedback sellers. But nothing's perfect so here it goes. I bought this FG 4wd buggy for $450.00 on 6/25/10 This was a deal that was to good to be true but you know what I have won super deals from ebay. Well this buggy never came. I sent the seller numerous emails and received nothing back. I knew something was wrong talked to ebay & ( paypal ) and they knew something was wrong too, they refunded my money back. Today I saw the FG buggy 4wd 7/21/10 again same picture this time pic turned around and a new bogus story. Ebay is looking into this. In the meantime just warning rcuniverse people about this seller and his item.

Wicks-redcat says this on LSF in the marketplace section - hi i wil be getting a fg baja 4wd artr all new just have engine breaking on top of table 1/4 of tank only i will be selling due to finding a good offer for a competition fg baja so i dont need 2 i bouth it from germany so i will be having it probably in 1 week or 1 1/2 weeks ill sell it in the us for 950 ship or 1100 wordwide will post pics as soon as i get it thanks just want to put it out there just incase somebody was going to buy one thanks

For those that dont use ebay or want to know how this works. The refund I got was from paypal not from the seller. He basically took the money and ran so what ebay told me is when they catch him he owes $510.00 to them.

The ad now 7/21/10 6:10

7/21/10 - the description

7/21/10 - person's name

7/21/10 - location of were seller claims he lives

6/25/10 - when I bought the FG

6/25/10 - his other name - ( his feedback was 100% went down to 75% after I put my bad feedback about him

6/25/10 - item location of seller when bought

6/25/10 - description

As of right now the item is still selling. 7/21/10 6:20 pm I care about the Rcuniverse rc hobbyist's to put this post up.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:42 PM
AlpineRoad

Default RE: Ebay FG Seller Fraud - NOW - Warning !

its full of red flags but you were blinded by the price? at least you have your money back
Old 07-21-2010, 10:13 PM
DarkFire989

That sucks dude.

But for future reference. Use the PrntScrn Button on your keyboard. It takes a screen shot of your screen, then open MS Paint and just hit paste then save.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:26 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

But for future reference. Use the PrntScrn Button on your keyboard. It takes a screen shot of your screen, then open MS Paint and just hit paste then save.
Or Alt+PrntScrn to just copy the window that is open.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:48 PM
elven wizard

thanks for the info. For those that dont use ebay or want to know how this works. The refund I got was from paypal not from the seller. He basically took the money and ran so what ebay told me is when they catch him he owes $510.00 to them.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Obeast44

I think I might have an idea of who it is. Shot ya a PM Elven
Old 07-22-2010, 08:18 AM
nitrohead5300

Sorry about that ELven. I had some guy post a picture of one of my cars ( without my permission ) and post it for sale on E-bay.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:37 AM
elven wizard

Looks like this guy is trying to sell on LargeScaleForum
name - Wicks-Redcat

I am just happy ebay (paypal) refunded my money. Money this person now owes to ebay $510.00 Someone buying else were other than a marketplace like ebay won't be as lucky as me to get there money back.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 AM
borley1863

Im glad you got your money back, but who cares weather ebay gets there money back, between them and paypal which they own, they are raking it in and usualy at the customers cost.
Regards
Guy
Old 07-22-2010, 10:14 AM
elven wizard

True what you are saying Borely1863. about ebay raking it in. Aside from that if I just gave a hoot about me just getting my my money back and not caring about seeing someone else possibly getting ripped by the same person I wont of posted this. I do encourage others that see something suspicious let others know about it.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:39 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

for me, the "can be shipped worldwide" was a huge red flag! shipping a RC like that cost alot of money.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:19 PM
borley1863

ORIGINAL: elven wizard

thanks for the info. For those that dont use ebay or want to know how this works. The refund I got was from paypal not from the seller. He basically took the money and ran so what ebay told me is when they catch him he owes $510.00 to them.
Oh yeah totaly agree about warning other buyers
Guy
Old 07-22-2010, 03:01 PM
elven wizard

Update : I already involved the viewers on this so here it goes -

Wicks - Redcat says on LSF today

you are totaly wrong i bouth this from ebay menber Mantas Klupsas with tracking #cn100918855lt usps and if you check it you will see that its on its way you never bouth this from me i bouth this from that menber yes my ebay name is centezc and my forum name is wicks redcat and if you check at redcat rampage forum all my deals have been the right way when i bouth this i saw a competition fg baja for 1.500 so i bouth it but i have bouth and pay for that one allready so dont need 2 so the only muppet here is you

then.... he says

so dont come here and say something that you dont know if you got scam i probably got scam too because igot this off ebay but from ebay member Mantas Klupsas but you never got this from me

and he says.....

i just saw my ebay and to get everything good here it seems that we both got scam with paypal investigating the seller change his name from susibasas to mantas klupsas withing the last 2 months so i open a case up too this is when i bouth the item from him he gave me the tracking # cn100918855lt so dont put words in other forum members i know that everybody looks out but it was not only you i dont work dirty

NEW FG BAJA 4WD , NOT BAJA 5B , 5T only engine break-in
Item # : 110555765139
Sale price: GBP 399.00
Quantity: 1
Sale date: Jul-06-10 19:33:45 PDT
Seller: mklupsas
Case #: 5003243492
Case opened: Jul-22-10 12:31:23 PDT
View purchased item

my reply to him -

The whole story is very fishy. Your selling something that you claim you haven't even gotten yet ? What ? and from your dad ( DUE TO BILLS??????? ) is he the mysterious -Mantas Klupsas ? and it's the same pic as the FG baja that I bought. AND YOUR SELLING SOMETHING YOU HAVE'NT RECEIVED YET ? That doesn't make sense. You have been made out !

Old 07-22-2010, 03:29 PM
elven wizard

UPDATE 1:28pm 7/22/10 seller's listing just ended on ebay.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:47 PM
elven wizard

sellers responds back to me 1:43 pm 7/22/10 on LSF

i have even open a case allready too i put it for sell yes because they gave me a tracking # so my guess was that item is on the way so i put it on ebay the reason i use the same pic is because i dont have the baja thats why i post the same pic and thats why i put it was not going to be ship out till 1 or 2 weeks this is my open case

ass you could see i puschase this item on july 6 2010 need more i can even post my paypal transaction when item was paid for so i all proff that im not the fraud here so if you still wanna think that i dont care !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no ebay did not ended i close it because i might be getting scam to ebay allready sent me a email and explain the name change he had in the past months so my claim has been file to with ebay and paypal

forum member ( wont give name unless I get permission )
myquote
The whole story is very fishy. Your selling something that you claim you haven't even gotten yet ? What ? and from your dad ( DUE TO BILLS ??????? ) is he the mysterious - Mantas Klupsas ? and it's the same pic as the FG baja that I bought. AND YOUR SELLING SOMETHING YOU HAVE'NT RECEIVED YET ? That doesn't make sense. You have been made out !

forum member (not the ebay FG seller)
excactly you can't sell/list on ebay if you don't actually have it in your possesion,per ebay rulesDoesn't matter as I see the listing has ended,hopfully cancelled by ebay

my reply back to ebay seller -

So tell me you said in your ebay description "I HAD THIS SENT TO ME FROM GERMANY FROM MY DAD DUE TO BILLS" so can you explain this ??? Is your dad the mysterious Mantas Klupsas or is he trying to be your dad and at the same time someone else ripping you off ?
Old 07-22-2010, 07:51 PM
elven wizard

TO SUM THIS UP

There's alot of holes in this. ????

He say's he has bills on the other forum that's why his dad sent it but at the same time he's trying to get the FG competition buggy. To sell this to get that. Selling an item he doesn't have. He say's his dad sent it ? So does that mean his dad is ripping him off unless he lied to make people feel like it's a trusted deal he's selling. If he was scammed too he sure made himself look suspicious in this whole thing.

I will ask RCUNIVERSE to take this post off if not tonight then tomorrow morning.

THIS IS A DONE DEAL !
Old 07-23-2010, 12:32 AM
elven wizard

TO SUM THIS UP

There's alot of holes in this. ????

He say's he has bills that's why his dad sent it but at the same time he's trying to get the FG competition buggy. To sell this to get that. Selling an item he doesn't have. He say's his dad sent it ? So does that mean his dad is ripping him off unless he lied to make people feel like it's a trusted deal he's selling. If he was scammed too he sure made himself look suspicious in this whole thing.

I will ask RCUNIVERSE to take this post off if not tonight then tomorrow morning.

THIS IS A DONE DEAL !
Old 07-23-2010, 08:05 AM
ginnz
My Feedback: (2)

Just to get this straight, are you saying YOU actually got the money back???? i thought if the seller pulled a sell and run, that PayPal could only give you the money back IF the seller has the money in his paypal account. paypal will put a negative on the account if there are no funds....... then when the scammer/seller has moneys deposited into the account, it will automatically transfer the funds to the person who was scammed (made the claim).....

ive never heard of paypal taking the hit for the person who was scammed......

let us know whats what.... and thanks for the heads up on this guy!!! i seen the add on flea-bay!

ginnz.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:25 AM
elven wizard

First I paid for the item the day I won it, I had sent numerous emails and got no replies back from the seller. I talk to ebay (paypal) I had to wait a 10 day period from the day I opened the fraud case for paypal to investigate the seller. After the 10 day period paypal knew this was a fraudulant sale and paid me back the money. I asked paypal about the money and the seller. They said the seller has the money and is gone. Paypal said this happens alot.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:29 AM
ginnz

hmm.. im wondering if your initail payment wasnt on "hold" for some reason, and they just gave your money back before the seller had a chance to get it..... like if you pay'd via bank account transfer, and it takes up to 15 days for the funds to be physically accessible.... that would have been your "saving grace".... :-)

ginnz.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:34 AM
elven wizard

The money automatically goes into the sellers account from what paypal told me. They were very cooperative with me and in no time after 10 days I got my money back.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 AM
ginnz

did you pay via cash that you had in your paypal account, or via credit card? or did you pay via bank account transfer through paypal? if you pay'd via bank account, then there is a 10-15 hold on the payment..... the tranaction says "paid for", but the transaction takes 10-15 days to "clear", just like a personal cheque.... like clearing a cheque.

whatever the case.... im glad you got your money back, and its a good thing your warning others of dirt bags like this guy!!

ginnz.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:28 AM
elven wizard

American Express. Ebay said there security division is quite busy with fraudulent cases like this. They have there own team of investigators. I hope they put the hammer down on this person.