Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Zoni Racing's Titanium "Fatlady" dogbone for HPI 5B and 5T

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Zoni Racing's Titanium "Fatlady" dogbone for HPI 5B and 5T

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:49 PM
pinkducky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zoni Racing's Titanium "Fatlady" dogbone for HPI 5B and 5T

Hey guys, I had the opportunity to spend time with the Guys at Zoni Racing today and they showed me their patented Aerospace Titanium "Fatlady" dogbone. All I can say is "WoW!!!!!". They were kind enough to let me beta test these bones on my 5B and 5T so I will have the results for you guys in a couple of days. They also have the lightweight "Racing Edition" that only weighs in at 38 grams!

It's interesting to note that the "Fatlady" only weighs at a mere 68 grams which is only 2 grams lighter that my favorite aftermarket ones. I love my current bones and they have been awesome but it would be interesting to see how these babies hold up against my Full Mod OBR Engines. Stay tuned!

Here's a video on youtube me comparing the bones -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cWRwGQxXY

Here are some pics of them mounted up on my B and T.

Naked view of the "Fatlady mounted". Makes the stock one on the right looks so puny!!!

Mounted on the T (with sway bar)

The "Race Edition" mounted on the T. Man this look so sweet!!!

The "Fatlady" installed with hotile racing dog boots. Nice compression and hold on the dog boots! The grease should hold up pretty good in there! Looks killers too!!!

Another view from the back.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:00 PM
sparky 25

Default RE: Zoni Racing's Titanium

I recently fitted a set of hostile axle boots and while doing so i glanced at the instructions,

hostile state that ''The boots function best when slightly extended rather than bunched up''

do the axle boots wear out premature from being compressed as they are with these dogbones?
Old 07-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Well yes because if it is scrunched up after normal wear and tear plus dry rotting the rubber will tear if stretched. If rubber is being stretched (acceptable levels) more often then it retains it elasticity better.

You even seen a rubber band that has been stretched and used to hold something together after a year or two? Compared to one that just sat there not stretched for 2 years? The one that was being used wont crack up as easily as the one that was never used. Try stretching the one that sat there, it falls apart in seconds.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:20 PM
sparky 25

Yea i know what your saying about rubber perishing from not being used

I was thinking grit and dust will wear them out aswell while they are bunched up like that.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:22 PM
pinkducky

Hostile is much thicker but it's no better than stock IMO. We have managed to tear up the boot on stock dog bones running OBR Full Mod 27.2. After one gallon, the hostile started to wear out.