Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

have a spare nutech mega monster tire?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

have a spare nutech mega monster tire?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:03 PM
wyattroa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have a spare nutech mega monster tire?

Just wondering if anyone has a spare they want to get rid of. I was running the beetle around and it flipped over.. Something caused the engine to go wide open for about 10 seconds until it fuel starved itself. The tire blew into two pieces. I was debating about just getting the HPI wheel adapters and different tires, but money is very tight right now.
Robert
Old 09-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: have a spare nutech mega monster tire?

?!?! I've never had it happen when I had it. Did the fail safe not work with the 3rd channel?
The only thing I've had happen (many times) is the throttle/brake servo screw kept coming out causing the horn to get loose. I would always turn it off with the k/s
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
wyattroa

Yeah it was weird, I am not sure if something glitched with my radio or what. I know my radio went low on voltage..I hit the kill switch but it took about 10 seconds to kill the engine...It usually takes a second when I press it. Either way man I am super happy with the truck.. My medical stuff is still pretty serious, but I was able to run it around outside in my backyard while sitting on the deck in the shade. Were you ever able to close the radio box?
Robert
Old 09-09-2010, 04:10 AM
Sherv

hope you pass the health issues quickly and gt back to bashing !
the radio box? lol almost every nutech owner i know has trouble with it
i think mooman used tupperware as a radio box replacement for the stock one. honestly anything is better than the warped stock one.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:28 PM
wyattroa

ORIGINAL: Sherv

i think mooman used tupperware as a radio box replacement for the stock one. honestly anything is better than the warped stock one.
Yeah I am trying to get in touch with Zerogravity RC since they are only 3 hours away and order tires from them, but they give no number and their live support feature sucks online. I have been waiting with that damn popup window forever. I don't want to order from vancuver hobbies, no offense, but I am trying to get these tires so I can use them this weekend. Come on already..lol...How can you not have a number to be contacted out of and still do good business?
Old 09-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Sherv

ORIGINAL: wyattroa

Yeah I am trying to get in touch with Zerogravity RC since they are only 3 hours away and order tires from them, but they give no number and their live support feature sucks online. I have been waiting with that damn popup window forever. I don't want to order from vancuver hobbies, no offense, but I am trying to get these tires so I can use them this weekend. Come on already..lol...How can you not have a number to be contacted out of and still do good business?
I have never called Scott (couldnt find the number as well!) but he does reply to email fairly quick. Plus once you get a hold of him he will work something out with you, Scott is real flexible/nice guy.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:59 PM
nutechracingusa

Patience is the virtue of life my friend If a phone # is the only thing that sets apart a good site or a bad site then I guess we are in trouble at the moment but I always thought customer support and fast shipping of quality product offered at a reasonable price is what people are looking for in an online business. Live chat might not be perfect but its flawless 99% of the time so I guess I don't see any need to do anything else with it. This is 1 of 3 online sites we run which is why its taken us a little longer to a 3rd business line they aren't cheap [:@] but we will have one on the site by next week!!!!

P.S your wheels and tires on there way you should have them tomorrow :-)..........

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 09-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Sherv

nice! now Scott you need to pull some strings and get my an all alloy XT5
With no body, wheels, and electrics!

hehehe I have a dream to build an alloy xt5 with a nice body, FG Bigfoots, 30.5 full mod motor, and a kickass paint job!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:27 PM
wyattroa

ORIGINAL: zerogravityrc

Patience is the virtue of life my friend If a phone # is the only thing that sets apart a good site or a bad site then I guess we are in trouble at the moment but I always thought customer support and fast shipping of quality product offered at a reasonable price is what people are looking for in an online business. Live chat might not be perfect but its flawless 99% of the time so I guess I don't see any need to do anything else with it. This is 1 of 3 online sites we run which is why its taken us a little longer to a 3rd business line they aren't cheap [:@] but we will have one on the site by next week!!!!

P.S your wheels and tires on there way you should have them tomorrow :-)..........

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Yes you did take care of me, thank you. I was just worried about this weekend, it is one of the first weekends I will be able to actually use the car since medical issues have been going on. Thanks again!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 PM
wyattroa

hehehe I have a dream to build an alloy xt5 with a nice body, FG Bigfoots, 30.5 full mod motor, and a kickass paint job!
Shervin,
Are you regretting selling the truck to me? Seems like you want to get back into 5th scale already..Oh and a 30.5 full mod engine would be sick! The first time I ran the truck I was like, man this thing is a dog. Turns out the engine was really rich, I guess due to the elevation change. Leaned it out a bit and she moves pretty good! But, you always have the itch for a bigger, faster engine.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Sherv

Shervin,
Are you regretting selling the truck to me? Seems like you want to get back into 5th scale already..Oh and a 30.5 full mod engine would be sick! The first time I ran the truck I was like, man this thing is a dog. Turns out the engine was really rich, I guess due to the elevation change. Leaned it out a bit and she moves pretty good! But, you always have the itch for a bigger, faster engine.
Yea I really miss the truck.. It made sense to sell it and it still does but since I've met up with Rononx here on the forums (he has a nutech) I got the itch again. I don't have any tracks around here, live in the city, and no one to race with so I sold it. I might get another 1/5th but it wont be for a year at least. I'm waiting to see if a 1/5th scale track opens up soon. That will decide if I get a build a racer or a basher vehicle.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 AM
nutechracingusa

[sm=thumbup.gif] as soon as they are available I will be getting some I to have been patiently waiting for those :-), I've seen a few test videos and as soon as they get the gearing figured out and release the XT5 I will be ordering some for sure, I can sell you one any way you want it

Yes you did take care of me, thank you. I was just worried about this weekend, it is one of the first weekends I will be able to actually use the car since medical issues have been going on. Thanks again!
Haha I hear ya bud I get the same way sometimes I was just given you a hard time lol..... hope your doc clears you of your medical issues and everything is ok so you can get out and abuse that Nutech for some fun bashing!

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 09-10-2010, 02:38 PM
wyattroa

ORIGINAL: zerogravityrc

[sm=thumbup.gif] as soon as they are available I will be getting some I to have been patiently waiting for those :-), I've seen a few test videos and as soon as they get the gearing figured out and release the XT5 I will be ordering some for sure, I can sell you one any way you want it

Haha I hear ya bud I get the same way sometimes I was just given you a hard time lol..... hope your doc clears you of your medical issues and everything is ok so you can get out and abuse that Nutech for some fun bashing!

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Yeah bummed, tires didnt get here today.. Should be here tomorrow though so I am crossing my fingers. I really thought I had a chance of getting them today with how close I am to you.
Robert
Old 09-10-2010, 02:59 PM
nutechracingusa

Yeah bummed, tires didnt get here today.. Should be here tomorrow though so I am crossing my fingers. I really thought I had a chance of getting them today with how close I am to you.
Robert
Today is far from over yet, they were shipped Via USPS Priority Mail not first class so yes I would expect you to get them today yet or tomorrow at the latest which is why I shipped USPS they deliver on Saturdays.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 09-14-2010, 02:46 AM
wyattroa

same thing happen to it again today. It just took off on my all of a sudden, this time the radio had fully charged batteries in it. I hit the 3rd channel switch to cut the engine and it did. I took a look at the fuel tank and it was at a real low level just like the last time. The only thing I can think of is fuel starvation which lead to the motor being leaned out and it taking off.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:26 AM
Sherv

thats odd. when ever my fuel got low the car would just bog down and almost stall. maybe diff altitude and tune. i did run on the slightly rich side.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:00 PM
wyattroa

Well, today was running good until the truck went ape **** again and slammed into the bushes. Damage report is lower front arm, front pin, and arm holder. Need to figure out what is causing this, the tank was full this time. I hit the kill switch a good 10 times before it responded. One thing I notice is when I turn the radio the throttle goes to about half throttle, but it kill the engine when checking everything. The radio works perfect on every other rc I have too. I am just glad this thing hit a bush and not a person or some ones property. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:07 PM
kidd

get a throttle return spring
Old 09-17-2010, 11:54 PM
wyattroa

will this help though if part of the problem is the servo bringing the throttle to wide open?
Old 09-18-2010, 04:17 AM
Sherv

will this help though if part of the problem is the servo bringing the throttle to wide open?
It can't be the servo and if it is then it is shorting out. I wonder why. You mentioned that the KS didnt work instantly, that almost sounds like remote issues. What radio tx/rx are you using? Is it an old RX? Do you have any other rx you can use? try that.
It almost sounds like the servo is shorting our when you mention it goes to half throttle when you turn it on. Does it seem twitchy? Are you running in High Response mode for digital receivers? Try PPM mode for non digital and see if you still get the odd servo issues. Still the fact that the KS did not work instantly points me to radio issues.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:18 PM
wyattroa

It can't be the servo and if it is then it is shorting out. I wonder why. You mentioned that the KS didnt work instantly, that almost sounds like remote issues. What radio tx/rx are you using? Is it an old RX? Do you have any other rx you can use? try that.
It almost sounds like the servo is shorting our when you mention it goes to half throttle when you turn it on. Does it seem twitchy? Are you running in High Response mode for digital receivers? Try PPM mode for non digital and see if you still get the odd servo issues. Still the fact that the KS did not work instantly points me to radio issues.
It is one of the older model spektrum 3.0dx.I think that is the one. I thought it was the radio as well since I was slamming the kill switch button over and over. When the truck hit the bush the front dog bone popped out due to the lower arm tearing off the pin. This caused all the power to go to that diff cuppling where the dog bone was missing. I thought for sure the engine was going to blow... Then the button finally worked and the engine was shut off.
Robert
Old 09-18-2010, 12:25 PM
kidd

check your on/off switch.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:21 PM
wyattroa

ORIGINAL: kidd

check your on/off switch.
ill check into that also.. I might throw a new receiver in there as well. When the car decides to go ape **** it will just go full throttle and you have no steering along with it. My guess is it is something receiver related since the receiver is technically speaking still getting a signal and the kill switch wont kick in. But damn those receivers with the 3rd channel option are expensive. $100 a pop.
Robert
Old 09-19-2010, 12:21 AM
skidooman

just curious what would happen to the car if you were running it and shut off the radio. would it do the same thing?
scott
Old 09-19-2010, 02:00 AM
wyattroa

ORIGINAL: skidooman

just curious what would happen to the car if you were running it and shut off the radio. would it do the same thing?
scott
The truck would shut off and the engine would stop, this is how I first tested out the killswitch, along with also hitting the button on the controller to shut it off. My local hobby shop guy thinks it is a issue with the receiver also. We are going to change it out and see if this problem happens with another receiver. I am only going to run this thing in my backyard where it is fenced in as to not take any chances. I am also going to look over killerbees site a little more and see if I can find anything else out on the switch.

Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.