RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   rampage MT (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/10518368-rampage-mt.html)

cd1374 05-13-2011 04:34 PM

rampage MT

well got my rampage MT today...wow is all i can say...went throught the entire truck...checked everything out..fueled it up and down the road i went.....about 20 ft...an BAM...left steering servo blows up...i mean really?? i thought this issue was supposed to be corrected? called redcat...they say send in the servo an we'll take a look at it...i say what am i suppose to do in the meantime...i just bought the truck an want to play...he says...idk..what a freakin joke man.. they should immediately send me another one with a PAID return label....this is b@$%$...i heard alot of people saying they had good customer service....lies</p>

</p>

dont get me wrong i knew this was a problem before i bought the truck...outside of the servo crapping out i really like the truck its freaking huge and built like a tank...it makes my baja 5sc look like a toy...everything is big and stout...it just screams get the f@!k out of my way...lmao...so i'm very happy with my purchase but not happy at with customer service....if these are "suppose" to be the new servo's redcat better take it back to the drawing board...http://www.****************.com/images/smilies/mad.gif</p>

Sigma.40 05-13-2011 04:37 PM

RE: rampage MT

That sucks. The more I read these posts, the farther I get from EVER getting a Redcat.

bbuzzard 05-13-2011 05:06 PM

I know Sherv is lurking around here somewhere...:)

cd1374 05-13-2011 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Sigma.40

That sucks. The more I read these posts, the farther I get from EVER getting a Redcat.

dont get me wrong..... i love the truck... lets face it who's gonna keep running crappy servo's anyways... i dont mind having to replace it...but i thought the guy i spoke with was a real TOOL...an didnt seem to give two SH@! on my problem... this thing is a true beast an will be an awsome truck when the servo's are replaced...i know when i had a problem with my receiver on my stock HPI baja 5sc i called them an they didnt even question...i had a new one in 3 days an they didnt even ask for the old one back.... redcat knows these servos are a problem an dont seem to give a crap after they got your money.... happy with the truck but not the customer service therefore i will not buy another one from them... that simple.

Obeast44 05-13-2011 06:13 PM

Basically all RTRs have crap servos, thats part of the nature of the hobby. PM me your address and I will send you a stock one that I pulled out of a new car. Don't expect it to last long though. :D

trickle007 05-13-2011 07:04 PM

1st thing i did when i received my ramp MT was replaceall 3servos and the receiver. It is a good truck and with some upgrades you have a nice 5th scale Mt for around a 1000 thats a decent price imo for a 5th scale car. Replace your servos with some hitecs and you should be rockin. As Obeast stated pm your address and I mail you some stock servos I pulled off mine when I purchased it.

cd1374 05-13-2011 08:09 PM

Hey thanks guys for the offers on the stockers but i will pass...dont want to keep changing them...lol.. i did put a brand new 645 hitec throttle servo in before i dared to take it out...lmao. but my local hobbie store didnt have the 805 i was after...
so i took it outside an put it on the jack to break in the motor an tune it alittle since i could drive it...now the stock exhaust is leaking at the seems an spraying sheot all over the place.. wondering if a stock baja can will fit it?

alvinm 05-15-2011 02:07 PM

Damn, even Heat Hobbies sent me a replacement servo for my KM, no questions asked. I promptly sold it afterwards..:D

racetruck 05-16-2011 07:33 AM

The stock baja can will fit i ran the hpi high flow can for awhile on my MT now i have the baja 5b cpi pipe that was modified to fit my MT