RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Thank you Foxy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/11464784-thank-you-foxy.html)

JariV 04-01-2013 11:39 AM

Thank you Foxy

That was an interesting private conversation about deleted posts which I raised here. I got my answers among other things and everything is ok here at RCU from my side.

Wanted to say this publicly because I demanded an answer publicly and the other thread is closed.

This can be deleted at the next convenient time.

-Jari-

Dirty_Vinylpusher 04-01-2013 01:35 PM

RE: Thank you Foxy

I've always found Foxy to be fair while keeping things on the forum in line.
All in all this part or RCU is generally hassle free part from the odd troublemaker from time to time.

The RCU mods do a good job and I've never had any problems with any of them.
:)

JariV 04-01-2013 01:55 PM

Yes, he is fair and is able to listen and talk. The situation in other forums is not always so that the Mod is fair.

Dirty_Vinylpusher 04-01-2013 06:43 PM

Sorry, I just had to do it :D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-f4dk9h02ff...ic-Mr.-Fox.jpg

sheograth 04-01-2013 10:09 PM

We try our best, and Foxy is a far more experienced moderator than I am, I think he does an excellent job. We deal with many different personalities, some people react humbly and graciously to suggestions about their behavior or removal of their posts, and some act belligerent and rude. Fortunately, the vast majority of users I've dealt with over the last few years fall into the former category.

I'm a bit weary about this thread and where it might go, but I'll give it a chance. As long as everyone stays cool and focuses on the positive it will be fine.

Remember that bashing moderators, RCU, or other members is strictly prohibited and will be dealt with immediately. I don't mean to sound harsh but threads like this do open worm cans and can get out of hand, but I will give it the benefit of the doubt unless I see otherwise.

JariV 04-01-2013 11:08 PM

Sheograth,

it is understandable that you want to keep the peace. And I am not here to fight. I think I know what you are referring to now and to whom.

But when you say that keep it positive only then that's not real life. Moderators need to understand that people are different and forum users have different opinions. Some of us might feel that a Mod is wrong. And I feel that there is nothing wrong to comment on a Moderators actions if it is done in the polite manner with an explanation even if it is negative. We are all big boys already most likely. Discussing the problem is always best. Of course if the discussion starts by calling names and getting personal that's a different thing. I respect people who listen to me. By listening you will also get my 100% attention.

I exchanged PMs with Foxy and we did not agree on all things but mutual respect was there. That will continue. Issues cleared.

sheograth 04-01-2013 11:22 PM

Mutual respect is the most important thing, and I see that from you and appreciate it.

But you must understand that the forums on RCU are NOT places for people to discuss their issues with our policies or our moderators.

At the end of the day, I will support free speech to the best of my ability but this is a privately owned company and when I became a moderator I made a commitment to uphold all the standards and rules of the forums - even the ones I may not agree with.

Foxy 04-01-2013 11:53 PM

You're welcome Jari.

By the way DVP, I use that as my Windows/Xbox Live screen name (FantasticMrFoxy) ;) I loved these books as a child.

I'm going to lock this and let it fall away, and while I appreciate the public acknowledgement Jari, let's stick to RC discussion in the forums from now on please. :)

Thanks guys.